Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Is anyone excited for Blue Sky's latest film Epic? From the looks of it, it feels too generic and Ferngully-ish to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit I hate the fact they had to change the name, but understand why they had to. No one's going to see a film called "the Leaf Men." I'm pretty excited that William Joyce had 2 movies from different studios that came out less than a year from each other (Rise of the Guardians being the other).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Egad... Iron Man was hilarious. And the worst part is, I can't even tell you why without spoiling the darn thing.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I hadn't seen the other Iron Mans, so the 3rd was the best one in my opinion!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, the only Iron Man movie I saw prior to this was Avengers, since I narrowly missed both, as the theater I planned on seeing it in was transitioning from second run to first run movies and I missed the window.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Rio 2's teaser trailer been released, I'll admit it, Rio was a decent movie, but it's not something I'd watch all the time, but if the movie hypes up like this, then I'll watch it, and since this is a teaser, yeah, no real footage.
And, oh look Blue Sky made a logo similar to Amblimation and Illumination Entertainment with our favorite squirrel, :laugh:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Rio 2's teaser trailer been released, I'll admit it, Rio was a decent movie, but it's not something I'd watch all the time, but if the movie hypes up like this, then I'll watch it, and since this is a teaser, yeah, no real footage.
And, oh look Blue Sky made a logo similar to Amblimation and Illumination Entertainment with our favorite squirrel, :laugh:
Is it Scrat, the saber-toothed squirrel from the Ice Age movies?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone knows that Robert Downey Jr.'s contract expired with Iron Man 3, and they're fiercely renegotiating his appearance for the next Avengers movie and a sequel, should it happen. There's a lot of fans wondering about Iron Man 4... but I'd be happy if he only was able to be in the Avengers films. I really don't think we need an Iron Man 4. If anything, now's the time to do a Mark Ruffalo Hulk film.