1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

We need a Fraggle Rock DVD release!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Jrobert, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Jrobert

Jrobert New Member

Fraggle Rock release?

Does anyone have an idea if anyone will ever be distributing or offering any Fraggle Rock material on DVD, as they are now with the Muppets?:confused:
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Karen Prell and other Fraggle fans reportedly tried to rally some support for this idea last year at Muppet Fest, but I still have heard no word. I am sure it will happen sometime. When is another matter.
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey guys,

Ive actually made a Fraggle Rock DVD Petition Website I just need to find a Petition Form HTML to put on the site.

Its all done apart from the Petition Form.

See ya

*BlueFrackle*
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

BlueFrackle-

To tell you the truth, I have not been very into the Fraggles in years (since I was a kid) until recently. Now I am really pulling for a season by season release. It would be so cool (as long as it's not from Time Life, LOL).
  5. BlueFrackle

Jamie

Yeah i know, a Season by Season DVD release would do well aswell i think.

Any ideas where i can get a Petition Form HTML from ?

See ya

*BlueFrackle*
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Wish I knew, but I don't.
  7. Jara19

Jara19 New Member

I'd love to have Fraggle Rock on DVD. I loved the show as a kid and I'm sure it will happen eventually.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's what I think too. The show was enjoyable on so many levels. I love it for nostalgic reasons along with the fact that it's a rockin' show (pun intended) and kids will love the music and such. It's a win win anyway you look at it. It would be great to see the show again. It's been years for me.
  9. Jessie

Jessie New Member

Fraggle DVD

No clue about the petition format, but I'm very glad that someone is finally making one. One of my goals in life is to see the Fraggles on DVD. :0) Best of luck.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Jessie-

Well it is clear that if there is some sort of petition rolling around, there will be many signatures on it from the look of it.
  11. BlueFrackle

Hey Guys,

Yeah Jamie,
    Thats what i thought.

Thanks Jessie.

Maybe ill just link a petition to the Petition Online Website from the Website i made ?

Anyone want to write the peice of writing that y'all have to read before you sign ?

The letter to Henson kidna thing ?

Thanks
  12. Jessie

Jessie New Member

BlueFrackle-
    I'd love to write one. I'l give it a shot and if you like it feel free to use it. When do you need it done by?
  13. BlueFrackle

Jessie

As soon as you like !

Just say how it was a loved show and all that stuff.
    It would make money, boost the interest in Muppets etc etc...

Thanks
  14. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I absolutely NEED Fraggle Rock on DVD. If we don't preserve them now my children's children will never get to see this perfect show!
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>I absolutely NEED Fraggle Rock on DVD. If we don't preserve them now my children's children will never get to see this perfect show!<<

Here here! All I have are the 1993 rerelease and some hbo ones(As far as official released vhs) I can just imagien how neat itll be to finally have fr on dvd! I mean MCC and MTI are coming soon.
    The Friends dvds have 10 episodes (I think) Each, so they need to make good use of the dvd media room. Im tired of just 2-3 episodes on a dvd, ugh. A dvd can hold way more than just 2 or 3 22 min. episodes!

///beaker///
  16. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Fraggle Rock Hippies!

Ok, I think that all... **counts fingers** 4 of us Fraggle Rock Hippies need to organize and try to make Fraggle Rock DVDs a reality!

It's ok folks. All I have to do is take a nice, nice, nice, nice nap...
  17. Jackie

Jackie New Member

In my opinion Fraggle Rock has to be the greatest kids show of all time. I mean it dealt with so many things in an ENTERTAINING way and it talked to kids as though they were adults. That is sooo quality programming!

"I know the universe is everywhere
    It's full of radishes and things
    It's full of air
    But when I try to understand
    I always wonder in despair
    How wide, how far, how real...it is

And if the universe
    Is made like me
    It must get lonely in the dark
    And ask for tea
    And is there anybody here
    That really knows just how to see
    How wide, how far, how real...it is

The universe is real
    But no one will reveal
    How wide, how real...it is."
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree (with the exception of The Muppet Show, of course).
  19. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Of course :)
  20. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Oh, I agree!

I remember when I was little I was always so excited whenever I would sit down to watch an episode (and my parents loved watching it with me. "Bubba's Burger Barn" is a classic in my house). Everytime I watched an episode the excitement that I felt can only be compared to Christmas morning.

Last year in high school, many other seniors were reminiscing ("Remember this teacher from the first grade?" that kind of thing). These kind of conversations wouldn't get very far without someone saying "Remember Fraggle Rock?" (at one point I replied, "Oh yeah. In fact, I still watch it." The person actually wanted to know what channel it was on).

GET THESE EPISODES ON DVD!