Walt Disney AND Jim Henson

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have no issue with Walt Disney himself. Never have. Most people mistake exactly what he did. He was more of a visionary than an artist most of his career. Both are noble professions. He started his career as an artist and ended up a businessman who created new forms of family entertainment. Not a bad thing at all.

What has happened to the company since his death, well there are ups and downs. The sequels are the low point. I have faith that Disney will bounce back.:zany:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
He started his career as an artist and ended up a businessman who created new forms of family entertainment. Not a bad thing at all.
I dunno Jamie, I would never call Walt a "businessman". His department was the visionary overall see-er. After all, if it weren't for Roy, the company would have never lasted!

Walt had to have Roy to budget and finance everything (he said often times Roy was losing more sleep than he was), and Roy of course wouldn't have had a company to budge if it hadn't been for the genius and insight of Walt. :smile:

JamieDenny

Reaction score
FOZZIE BEAR

:embarrassed: Please don't :cry: ,

If I post you a muffin will I be forgiven?

*Grovels like :smile: after forgetting he had to take :mad: to dinner

Jamie

Drtooth

Reaction score
I appologize for raking Dirt up on Disney. I am taking an Animation History class, and I found out a LOT of stuff I'd be happier not knowing...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I'm tired of people pickin' on Walt and Disney, all cause it's such a good image. I know he had his flaws---and I have rare resources which have VERY limited accessibility---but no one is perfect, and Walt was certainly not an "uncreative thief".
Yes he was an uncreative thief; he was satan incarnate. He didn't die, he was dragged back to his fiery pits!!

It's true.

I saw him when he came home. :eek:

The sequels are the low point. I have faith that Disney will bounce back.
Of course; satan wears shoes with rubber soles.

If I post you a muffin will I be forgiven?
That would be great. I'm starved! :big_grin:

I found out a LOT of stuff I'd be happier not knowing...
Ever heard what they did after completing Snow White? Mercy!

Byron is agreeable in that Roy was the brains and Walt was the dreamer.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I am taking an Animation History class, and I found out a LOT of stuff I'd be happier not knowing...

Hmmmm...makes me wonder about some o' the stuff they're teachin' ya! :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
I dunno Jamie, I would never call Walt a "businessman". His department was the visionary overall see-er...

My point is that Walt did not spend his career as a traditional artist. He was a decision maker, not the cartoonist that most people think of. That's just how he started out. He was a business man, but more on the creative side than Roy.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Walt was a businessman...

And he was a baby eating satanist.