Walt Disney AND Jim Henson

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
:grouchy:
BYRON!!

Don't you DARE ":grouchy:" at ME, young man!!

I swear to God, I'll turn this car right around and tan your hide!!

(If I can FIND any hide under all that fur...)

I have plenty of hide showing... :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My Views on ABC TV

ABC needs to deviate from the reality TV line-up :
The Family, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, I'm a (pseudo) Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, Are You Hot, All American Girl and the longtime - America's (un)Funniest Home Videos. Yes, there are that many - probably more!

Their sitcom lineup is pretty cheesy too - except Life with Bonnie and Less than perfect (which are placed in a terrible timeslot). They are trying to make us watch yet another dull John Ritter show and a Dadio-esque dreadful program with the lesser of Belushi brothers. Both used to be fine actors. It's sad to see them in this sludge.

They moved the Practice to Monday nights. Probably unwise. But I their new Miracles show is promising. So is Dragnet, and Alias is still going strong.

They also keep playing edited for television movies. Who wants to see that in this age of cable TV and DVDs? When Friday nights are filled with a 2 hour bock of America's funniest home videos, we can see they just aren't trying. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
Re: My Views on ABC TV

Originally posted by frogboy4
I'm a (pseudo) Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here,
I get your point - TV ideas need to be more creative, but the networks don't want to spend money on trying new unproven things without track records. I honestly think there is mileage in Celebrity reality shows - but obviously the key to that is getting decent celebs to take part and that either takes lots of money or a really good idea.

Next on from reality is supposedly VR shows - like Final Fantasy but where contestants play in the 'virtual world' and people at home can vote for what happens next etc. There are at least 3 of those formats hanging around right now.

Reality TV isn't so bad, and there are new things that can be done with it. Trouble is they keep on redoing the same old stuff, and then doing different rip off versions of that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit to watching Are You Hot. It's so funny to see a gogeous person cry because they weren't "hot enough." LOL! Well I thought they were hot until they turned on the water works. The "Why are they judging how I look?" statments are funny too. I also watch Idol, but that really is more about talent - something people can do.

I would like to see more hour long dramas that aren't about doctors, lawyers or pretty white kids with problems (nod to a Mad TV skit). It seems that's all we get. That's why Miracles intrigues me. Sure it has some corny parts, but it's almost like a mini movie every week. And it's not too warm and mushy either. Good stuff.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Oh, my lord!
Byron's funny for such a hairy little man... :crazy:
He's NOT "little"!!!! I've heard Byron's HUGE!!! A veritable GIANT!!!! (OK, so, he probaly is at least to ME, as I am barely above 5 feet!!!)

C'irdan

Reaction score
disney

I really don't know what to say about Walt Disney...I don't know enough about him because all that I've read about him has been totally biased in his favor-most likely it was written by the Disney corporation. I like his early work...although it will never be comparable to muppets in my opinion, but the corporation now a days is just sick...I mean it's so...so capitalist!:frown:

And besides...disney did not invent animatronics. If you do your reading...(Jim Henson: The works) you'll find that Jim Henson himself invented this type of programmed robotic puppetry, and not only did he invent the idea...but he himself named it "animatronics". I do believe I have made my point.

:crazy: (always wanted to say that!) :big_grin:

-C