Wake Up with Kermit & Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay, first of all abortion is NOT an appropriate topic for a family FORUM. When you have a child of your own one day you will learn that you don't want your kids learning things like this from places like Muppet Fan sites.

If people want to take their children to rallies and subject them to that kind of thing, or if they want this topic discussed for their children to see, then THAT IS UP TO THEM TO SEARCH IT OUT AND SHOW THEIR CHILDREN. It is not up to you to say, "Abortion is evil" or for someone else to say, "Abortion is great." It is up to the parents to allow their children to see or read about it. Not up to you to post it on a family forum about The Muppets. Therefore, it is ONLY a family appropriate topic when the FAMILY discusses it, not a fellow Muppets fan.

Second, this is a Muppets Fan Forum, and I stand by the rule that if it has NOT BEEN DISCUSSED in a Muppets production (encompassing TMS, SS, or FR) then it is not something that should be discussed on these boards.

There are forums out there where these topics can be discussed, but this forum is not it. First of all, the topic is too political and can only lead to inflamatory and judgemental replies, thus furthering the negative feelings on these boards and I am determined that negativity will not be endured!

I understand and appreciate your opinions on the matter, but again I will tell you that this message board is NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS TOPIC!

My argument here is not that you are right or wrong in your opinion on abortion, it is that I have asked you WAY TOO MANY TIMES to STOP discussing topics that are of this nature because it does not fit within the general mood or flavor of this message board.

And again, I ask you: PLEASE STOP DISCUSSING TOPICS THAT ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THIS MESSAGE BOARD. Common sense will let you know what is appropriate or not for these message boards, and many of the topics or conversations you start are NOT. Please, think--everyone, just think before you post, please!

Kevin

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Whether or not it is family appropriate or not is regardless, the bottom line is that Foz said it's not and he's a mod, so what he says goes. And as far as it being appropriate, at the very least, this certainly isn't the thread for it, it's about Kermit at Target! Which I think brings up an interesting topic; and that is: why didn't Target create a special Kermit product of some sort as part of the promotion, like Macy's did last year with the plush with a camera?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was curious about that, too; but, then again, they'd have to make Kenny Chesney Dolls and...so on. I wish there were a way to get the commercials to download to my computer at home, but the stupid thing won't accept the commercials. I love the Kermit/Bango, Kenny/Guitar bit.

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, this time Kermit is being treated like a real person by Target so making a little plush just for him would be weird.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
I Have 2 Children

Fozzie Bear said:
Okay, first of all abortion is NOT an appropriate topic for a family FORUM. When you have a child of your own one day you will learn that you don't want your kids learning things like this from places like Muppet Fan sites.

If people want to take their children to rallies and subject them to that kind of thing, or if they want this topic discussed for their children to see, then THAT IS UP TO THEM TO SEARCH IT OUT AND SHOW THEIR CHILDREN. It is not up to you to say, "Abortion is evil" or for someone else to say, "Abortion is great." It is up to the parents to allow their children to see or read about it. Not up to you to post it on a family forum about The Muppets. Therefore, it is ONLY a family appropriate topic when the FAMILY discusses it, not a fellow Muppets fan.

Second, this is a Muppets Fan Forum, and I stand by the rule that if it has NOT BEEN DISCUSSED in a Muppets production (encompassing TMS, SS, or FR) then it is not something that should be discussed on these boards.

There are forums out there where these topics can be discussed, but this forum is not it. First of all, the topic is too political and can only lead to inflamatory and judgemental replies, thus furthering the negative feelings on these boards and I am determined that negativity will not be endured!

I understand and appreciate your opinions on the matter, but again I will tell you that this message board is NOT THE PLACE FOR THIS TOPIC!

My argument here is not that you are right or wrong in your opinion on abortion, it is that I have asked you WAY TOO MANY TIMES to STOP discussing topics that are of this nature because it does not fit within the general mood or flavor of this message board.

And again, I ask you: PLEASE STOP DISCUSSING TOPICS THAT ARE NOT APPROPRIATE FOR THIS MESSAGE BOARD. Common sense will let you know what is appropriate or not for these message boards, and many of the topics or conversations you start are NOT. Please, think--everyone, just think before you post, please!

Kevin
I understand your side of the situation, but I think you should check your own post I have one three-year old and one child on the way

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Then, having a child already you of all people should know that you don't want to have your 13 year old finding out about something you'd rather discuss with him or her than for that child to discover that information on a Muppets fan forum!

My argument isn't that you don't have your own children, it's about the topic(s) brought up. They are not appropriate for this forum. Go google and you'll find places to discuss your opinions about medical surgeries and abortions where you can use the medical terms you want to use and discuss those topics, then when you come here you're ready to discuss Muppets.

Again I'll say, if it's covered or said on TMS/SS/FR then it's fair game to discuss it on these boards the way THEY would here; if it's not been said or discussed on either of those shows then it's not okay to discuss it on these boards.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
13???????

I said 3 years old, and while I wouldn't want my child to see pics of aborted babies, I wouldn't mind her hearing the truth about abortion no matter where it came from. Also, you say it is not for me to say whether abortion or donating to abortion groups is evil or not, okay, then I won't say. I am going to drop this subject if everybody else does, after telling you to look at it from a biological standpoint and decide for yourself.

BTW I have only started two inappropriate topics (both of which I have apologized for after realizing my mistake). Three if you count this one, I don't think of that as many.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know you said 3, but folks aren't usually on message boards until they're about 13, which is why I used that example.

Anyways, the Kermit and Target story is over, this thread has gone way off topic, so I'm going to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.