Wake Up with Kermit & Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hooray! That was awesome! I won't spoil it for anyone else, but I can't wait until he calls me again tomorrow. I have my ringtone on my cell phone set to Rainbow Connection, so the whole thing was just great!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh no! Today was the last day! :frown:

I enjoyed it while it lasted! Thanks, Kermit!!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
I cant download it? I use AOL, and it is opening it with its own Media Player. Can anyone help?
Is there any way of getting the others, Id love to be able to keep them. There great.

Chris :sympathy:
The other clips are in Macromedia Flash format and cannot be downloaded unfortunately.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Ew Kermit & Target Not my style

I know Target has great prices, and a lot of people shop there just for that, but I'd rather not send my money to this store. I don't care if they have every muppet in the gang wake me up. Target donates money to Planned Parenthood. A group which is basically advocating the murdering of unborn children. In other words every time you buy from Target they help to kill a child.
I'm sorry if I've offended those of you who are pro-choice, but if you've ever looked at an ultrasound or seen the remains of an aborted baby (I've done both) you would have no way of denying that this is a human being.

MWoO

Reaction score
Don't spout your views on abortion here in a freaking Kermit wake up call thread. It is not the place for it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
He was stating his views about Target and abortion and saying that he's against both. It was merited.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It is not appropriate in any way, shape or form on a family forum about the MUPPETS!! And I hope the moderators will take it down.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
He was stating his views about Target and abortion and saying that he's against both. It was merited.
It was NOT merited in a message board such as this. There are places and times to discuss things, and on a family friendly message board like this you should not represent views that discuss things that a kid might see!

There are other message boards which welcome debate about policitcal and medical discussions, and this is not the place.

Abiraniba, I have time and again asked you to please watch what you post at MC, and the reason for this is that there are children who do visit these forums and that you bring up topics and discussions about things that their parents may not want them to learn from you, or from this message board.

I have also stated that I do NOT ALLOW any kind of discussions or language on these boards that have not been said or discussed in a Muppets production.

You ALL KNOW that I have been working HARD HARD HARD to bring back the positive attitude that MC had prior to the fall, and when folks bring up topics that are not positive or friendly in discusstion and that it raises negativity then it is not welcome here. Why is it so hard for you all to help me out and bring MC back to the positive place it once was?

I appreciate people's opinions WHEN THEY ARE POSTED IN PROPER PLACES, but this opinion is not in a proper place when thrown in to the midst of a Muppet Fans' Message Board where folks are proud to hear from Kermit the Frog, and it's not so much that folks here are even trying to support Target as much as they are about supporting their Frog!

Again, I have found a post which I feel does NOT go with these message boards and I have reported it this time to Phil. If there is any disagreement with me, and someone is mad at me, I welcome your opinion and anger toward me, but my job is to uphold the family-friendly, positive atmosphere of these message boards and I intend to do that.

Now, I have to determine whether to close this thread or just erase the posts that have brought this thread down into negativity.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Reasons why this topic is family appropriate

Abortion is a family appropriate topic for the following reasons:

1. It involves the life of a child

2. Many people, both pro-life and pro-choice, have taken their children to their respective protest rallies

3. There was a story I heard on the radio not too long ago about a pro life mother who was getting ready to go on a protest march when her 7 year old daughter walked in while she was preparing her pics of aborted children. Upon seeing the pics, which I will admit are rather graphic for a young audience, she asked a rather hard and provocative question: “Who broke the baby?” The mother, of course, had to answer the child’s question and did as best she could to explain exactly what happened and why somebody would do such a thing.

BTW I meant nothing against the Muppets, as everyone in this forum knows I always have and always will love the Muppets. But while I am a big fan I also feel that I have to stand up for what I think is right, while the Muppets have done a lot of advertising work before I don’t think it was in keeping with their general nature of love to be paired with such an institution as Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.