Visions 2: So We've Been Told

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Wasn't that assailant Nicky? Well, I'm all intrigued now and eagerly awaiting more story to find out who this could be.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Aaaah! But no, Nicky and his men arrived later...the other assailiant was...someone (or something?) quite different. *mysterious drumbeat*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Okey-dokey then. Just want more of the story to keep this thing rollin' along. Please?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Chapter 5

Fozzie left the club, running. He recognised that man, recognised the gloves and the suit and, when he fell scrabbling towards the doors, he recognised the black boots through the crowd and saw them turn and walk away.

Fozzie pounded the locked front doors and they whooshed open, releasing him into the dark spring evening along with a blush of hot air from inside. He turned left at the end of the street, and right at a fork in the road.

He accidentally knocked down a stack of dustbins as he charged into an alleyway lined with vicious animal guard dogs with sharp teeth and studded collars. The dogs strained at their chains as the dustbins clanged and rolled over the concrete, food and greaseproof paper flying as the contents splattered and shattered.

Fozzie turned back as jaws snapped around him, spit flying, reflecting orange light from the street lamps. He turned and ran into a solid black figure in the dark, which grabbed him and yanked him bodily away from the dogs. "Bark bark!" he said. "Woof woof, bark!" And Fozzie clung to Rowlf's furry arm, taking swift panicky breathes of relief as the dogs reluctantly left the smell of fear and dragged their chains back to go digging at the more pleasant, if less appealing, odours of the rubbish inside the bins.

"Wow, you saved me," Fozzie said.

"Did I?" the dog rubbed the side of his head with a paw. "Seems you were running out of here on your own two paws."

"I was?"

"You were."

"Yeah...I…I was." Fozzie nodded to himself, and realised all at once that he was still clinging to the dog. Cautiously, he tried to disentangle himself as if he had never been wrapped rather too intimately around his new found friend's arm and leg. Rowlf tried to help by extracting his own arm, but Fozzie was doing exactly the same thing at exactly the same time and it calmly resulted in the two of them being locked closer, more trapped than before. Fozzie silently tried hopping on one leg and Rowlf waved his right arm in the air, and with a little more manoeuvring the two were finally free of each other once more.

The entire encounter left them both silent, standing slightly apart, unsure what the correct formula of whom was supposed to speak next. Then Rowlf snorted and Fozzie giggled, and Fozzie sniggered and Rowlf chuckled, and they laughed out loud.

The animal dogs snarled at them.

"Hey, Fozzie?" Rowlf said.

"Yeah?"

"I have a spare room at my place."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Oh."

"And a bed, and warm blankets."

"Really, you do?"

"Oh yes."

"Oh." Fozzie shut his mouth. " Well, er, I, er, I should be going..."

Rowlf smiled. "You know," he said. "You could come and sleep in that spare room if you want to?"

And later, Fozzie dragged a thick blanket over himself and revelled in the pleasant scratchiness of the woollen fabric, burying his head into soft pillows on a comfortable mattress for the first time in eight months and the second time in over a year and a half.

*****​

Gonzo woke up in the dark with warm cat fur in his face. At some point in the night he had tipped onto his side and now lay on the carpet with one arm twisted uncomfortably under him and his face meshed on the carpet while the cat rubbed itself tightly against his nose, pressing itself on top of his face.

Something or someone was trying to asphyxiate him in his sleep and he refused to let the world win against him.

He sat up fast, scrabbling at the cat which screeched as it was tossed sideways across the apartment. He had no idea where he was.

The air wasn't cold enough. The ground wasn't hard enough. He wasn't outside.

He leapt to his feet in panic, stepping away from the couch onto a cat which squalled and ran. How did he get here? Why was he inside? What was his name? Wait, he knew that one. Gonzo. Before he had a chance to centre in on answers, a figure crept to sitting under a blanket on the sofa. In the darkness, he didn't recognise her, but anyone other than himself meant danger in the morning.

"Mr Meowmeow?" the figure murmured, arching her back and stretching sleep out of her muscles.

"Who are you!?" Gonzo yelled, surprising the figure far more than she had surprised him.

"Aaah!" She screamed, falling off her makeshift bed onto the floor in a ball of covers and sheets. "Who are you?" she called, muffled beneath the wrapping. She scrambled up, roughly throwing the sheets aside. "And what are you doing in moi's apartment? Hmm? Mm?"

Gonzo backed away into a dry Christmas tree and brown needles pelted him from above. "I don't know!" he shouted.

"Well know!" she shouted back.

"Alright!"

"Alright!" Miss Piggy's shriek of annoyance was interrupted by a bout of coughing. She covered her mouth and coughed hard, then lifted her head back up, flicking her short-cropped hair in an agitated manner as she blinked away the shards off her sudden awakening. Her lashes dropped and rose in front of her eyes she suddenly realised what the heck was going on. "Gonzo?"

Gonzo opened and shut his mouth. "Miss Piggy?"

Gonzo popped the fridge open, trying to find food and trying not to listen to the sound of Miss Piggy showering in the adjacent bathroom. The first thing he discovered was something brown and spongy textured. It smelt strangely delicious, but looked gross. Gonzo passed it by and shifted a bottle of milk, moved a cartoon of cream, and shuffled packs of butter down to another shelf. He avoided three half eaten chocolate bars, and a clove of garlic that had shrunken into something akin to a marble in the empty fridge tray.

Eventually, he gave up the search for suitable food-stuffs and went with the brown sponge goop. Well, it was in Miss Piggy's fridge. It couldn't be all bad, and if she liked it, he could at least try.

Gonzo stuck his finger in and removed it, dripping a spiel of brown gelatine-like something down to the bowl. He sucked his finger and made a face. But, again, if it was Piggy's choice…he was willing to attempt serving it for breakfast. With any luck he'd get bonus points with the pig, and after her rude awakening, he needed them.

Digging a saucepan from the piles by the sink, Gonzo dove in and washed up. He hung the towel up after drying and placed the pan on a gas-ring, dolloping the spongy-something down in.

It sizzled as the jelly-fat melted from around the edges and simmered in the pot.

*****​

Miss Piggy stood in front of a steam-blocked mirror and dabbed water from her face.

Gonzo, whatever he was, seemed nice. That was all she would allow herself to think about him for this morning. He seemed nice.

She rubbed at her hair. It was his eyes, she decided. They contained something that she had only seen once before, within the round, Saturn-moon eyes of a frog that a part of her still longed to forget, while another part clung to with every tooth and finely clipped, neatly painted nail she possessed.

She'd once entertained the notion that he wasn't real. That he had been her guardian angel of Christmas and had been there to offer his flippered hand of guidance to a desperate diva in distress. Ha! Angel, shmangel. She'd felt him sure enough when she karate-chopped him through her door. He was as real as she was, maybe more real.

Piggy dried her hands, gently.

He gave good presents, though, whoever he was…and sometimes, even now months later…she could still feel his presence, wherever he was.

She got dressed and emerged from the bathroom, wrinkling her snout against a strange smell of…Oh! Gonzo was so sweet!

She hurried towards the kitchenette area with a light step. "Oh, Gonzo, you're so sweet! I've never had a room-mate who fed the cats for moi…" She paused. "I've never had a room mate," she said, then gushed on. "And it was so considerate of vous to heat up the kittie's breakfast."

Gonzo turned around from the gas-cooker, holding two breakfast bowls of tinned cat-food, one in each hand.

"Oh and vous even gave them the best dishes…awww…" She stopped gushing as she figured, mainly from Gonzo's face, that she was wrong. The food was apparently intended for their own breakfast enjoyment. "What?" She made a face.

"I thought…" Gonzo started.

"Oh, you did?" Piggy finished, grabbing the bowls away from him. "Well…humph!" She turned her back and bent down to place the bowls onto the floor for her precious beauties, the cats, and then straightened. "Don't worry, Gonzo," she said, attempting to be as sweet as he had so obviously tried to be. She guessed she just wasn't used to kindness and it frightened her. "Moi is on a diet now," she insisted. "And breakfast is the first thing to go."

"It is?"

Yeah, she thought, if the first thing you do is go and make a dog's-breakfast of breakfast.

*****​

In actual fact, the dog's breakfast was considerably more delicious than cat food, as Fozzie was beginning to discover when he awoke to the sound of whirring and the smell of hot coffee.

The source of the whirring was a mixer that splattered muffin-mix against the edges of a plastic bowl, and the source of the coffee was exactly that, coffee.

Fozzie padded out to the kitchen on bare feet (bear feet, he thought, and laughed inside his lungs). Two mugs off coffee were stood on a flat table behind Rowlf who was dropping equal spoons of mix into a muffin-tray.

"Sleep well?" Rowlf asked without looking at him.

"Yes."

"Want coffee?"

"Yeah."

"Help yourself."

Fozzie did, and sat down at the table on what appeared to be an old bar stool. He sipped coffee. Rowlf banged the tray into the oven and joined him at the table. Neither spoke.

Rowlf shook a sachet of sweetener and ripped off the top. He poured it over the steam from his coffee and watched it dissolve.

Fozzie ran his finger around the rim of his cup.

Rowlf looked at Fozzie.

Fozzie looked at Rowlf.

"By the way," Rowlf said. "I invited an old friend for breakfast."

"Great."

Silence again, then the doorbell rang and the oven pinged.

Rowlf and Fozzie both jumped up from the table together, cracking the silence apart with action. "I'll get the-" they said in sync.

"-door," Fozzie finished.

"-food" Rowlf said.

Rowlf moved away from the table and folded a white towel in two, removing the muffins from the oven in a puff of damp heat and delicious odour.

Fozzie approached the door and realised that it had been years since he last opened a door to a breakfast guest. He struggled for some sort of introductory, ice-break-ery comment, but concidering how much ice he had broken so far this morning, he knew the track record didn't look good. More like a broken record, skipping back to the same monosyllabic answers over and over. He hadn't come up with anything whitty by the time he arrived at the door and turned the handle.

Rowlf burnt his fingers, lifting muffins from the tray too soon but it was a pleasing sort of satisfactory burn, and only hastened his eagerness to break his night-time fast with breakfast.

Fozzie opened the door and stared at the blue skinned creature standing beyond with his back turned.

The creature tipped it's head backwards ever-so-slowly, sniffing the air. "Muffins," he said. "And, a very familiar bear."

Fozzie backed away from the door, an unexpected fear rising as he recognised the visitor.

Then the visitor turned and fixed both his triangular eyes upon the bear. Deep nostril's flared, and the tip of a tail flicked above his head. Clawed hands emerged from the sleeves of a tattered leather jacket, and, looking down, Fozzie recognised the bandaged feet of Uncle Deadly.

"You know each other?" Rowlf asked, walking up behind Fozzie.

To be continued...

Coming up next...yet another breakfast with yet more characters, mention of a war, and a shocking reverlation...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! Can't stand it! So let me sit down instead...

Greatness Bo... Simply greatness.
From Fozzie running out of Club Dot to Rowlf's apartment... Then Gonzo and Piggy's awkward awekening... Both breakfasts with the confusion over who had what in the fridge... And Uncle Deadly! Yaey!! Post more soonish please!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*points while arm is shaking violently* UNCLE DEADLY!!!!!!

(That is all for now. I'll comment more later when I can blink/think.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I knew you'd both love the entrance, Prawnie and Count. Deadly is one of the few characters that appeared in Visions 1 which means, yey, I get to use him! By the way, I think the complete list of characters who appeared in Visions 1 are The Electric Mayhem, Beauregard, Link, Dr Strangepork, Pepe (on a wanted poster), Rizzo (on tv), Gonzo (obviously), Fozzie (naturally), Uncle Deadly, Sweetums, Clueless, Polly, Angel Marie, various other monsters, Clifford, Skeeter, Johnny and Sal (when their car got smashed), Statler and Waldorf (behind the car), and *dum, dum, dum* Zany the Penguin!

Appearing so far in this story, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Uncle Deadly, Statler and Waldorf, Johnny, Bunsen and Beaker, Sam (briefly), and Scooter's shoes. Oh, and Rowlf. :stick_out_tongue:

*heads off to work on another breakfast, a comment on war, and a revelation concerning a certain villian*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... You go and work on breakfast and the rest of that stuff. As for me, I'll go work on getting myself some breakfast.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Okay, so here's more like I promised.

Fozzie and Rowlf! WOW I love the relationship developing between the two of them! I really wanna know more about Rowlf's background too, hopefully that'll be revealed next chapter with UNCLE DEADLY!!!

Oh my gosh!! There's an entire new dimension added to this!! You brought in THE Uncle Deadly!! WOOOOOW!!! Gosh I can already tell that this is going to be AMAZING!

But then wow! Gonzo and Piggy! They both forgot each other, which was sad, but at least she remembered. And she's letting Gonzo stay!! SQUEEE!! Then Gonzo cooks the cat food! AFTER he eats it! HA! I LOVED it!!

Overall AMAZING chapter Beau, I truly cannot wait for more!! So, MORE PLEASE!!