Visions 2: So We've Been Told

Beauregard

Reaction score
It will be a short while before I am ready to start posting chapters here, but there's been talk about the story recently so I felt that I should post a trailer.

Ok, actually, I just wanted to hype a little bit, so I wanted to post a trailer.

--

The Teaser Trailer opens with blackness.

Then Gonzo's voice over the darkness. "Piggy? Piggy are you alright?"

Narrator: It's been three months since Kermit entered the Kermitless world and changed the lives of Gonzo and Fozzie Bear.

Flashcut through darkened locations from VMC and Visions 1 including Club Dot, the Construction Site in the rain, Clifford's empty office, and the building where Miss Piggy lives. Close up on a sign above the building's entrance. "Murrey."

Narrator: When Kermit left that world, he left one thing behind...a memory.

Miss Piggy lies on her couch, hugging a crushed choclate box. Miss Piggy stuffs her hands into gloves. Miss Piggy runs through the doors of a perfume shop.

A black man approaches her. Quick cut and she's sat in his office. "You, are, fired."

Flash flash! Cut, cut, cut through flashing scenes. A whirl of quick clips and colour. Miss Piggy drops a telephone receiver and it hangs on a wire. Gonzo turns towards something. A MAN slams Miss Piggy against a doorway, his hands in her hair. Camilla is locked in spanning room, walled with chickens in cages. A ciggerette butt bursts a carpet into flames. Gonzo starts running. The MAN starts tugging and pulling at Miss Piggy's gloves. A framed photo of Miss Piggy in the TMM beauty-pagent is engulfed in flames. Uncle Deadly touches Camilla's face. Clifford lifts his dark glasses back in his dreadlocks. Skeeter takes a pure white chicken feather from Uncle Deadly scaled hands without breaking his eye-contact. Miss Piggy throws a handbag at a white yapping dog - its FooFoo. Fozzie stands up on a set of metal stairs. Gonzo leaps in the darkness. Miss Piggy is thrown at the floor and thuds against the carpet.

Black screen.

Silence.

Then Miss Piggy and Gonzo's speaking lilts over the blackness.

"I had a dream," Miss Piggy says. "Once."

"Dreams are only illusions," Gonzo replies.

Flash! Chocolate box. Flash! Piggy. Flash! Gonzo. Camilla. Flash. Uncle Deadly. Skeeter. Clifford. Flash!

Miss Piggy is sat opposite Gonzo in her apartment. "So we've been told," she says.

Black.

Narrator: Visons two, So We've Been Told...the continueing story of a Kermitless universe. Coming soon to a forum near you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Whoa....this sounds deep and dark and amazing and wonderful and I can't wait to read it!!!

christyb

Reaction score
Beauregard! How dare you not tell me you picked this back up! Just for that *presses a button and water balloons fall on Beau* :smile: Anyways, I must go to class like a good girl. I'll read this later. For now though you can answer me this. What about Ethan and Jill? You finished with them two or are you overloading again?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HOLY PIGEON SNOT BEAU!! This is...It's just...WHOA!! You best start posting soon! You little...er...! POST! *readies penguin cannon*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Overloading... Too much to compute...

And how dare you tease us like that? Prepare yourself for the nagging of your afterlife! You are now all officially doomed!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Rubs head> Beauregard, Beauregard, Beau-re-gard... JUST POST THE STORY ALL READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Please. No, actually, drop the please. Just POST!

Leyla

Reaction score
*faints*

*comes around*

Nope. Not gonna do it. *faints again*

*Comes around, again*

Oh my goodness! Scary stuff here! Poor poor Kermitless Piggy, what have you gotten yourself in to? I'm so excited to see Camilla and Gonzo meet, and all of them to meet really. Oh, and Foo-Foo too!

Honestly, I get myself into trouble for posting one little line and you're getting away with doing this? There ain't no justice. :smile:

POST PLEASE!

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
Beauregard! How dare you not tell me you picked this back up!
I dare because I care!!! I'm off to work, but I'll be working on the prologue when I get back. Stay tuned for it.

Nope. Not gonna do it. *faints again*
Actually, I'm going to do that myself in a few...because I am overloading with story ideas...oooh!

Beau

Leyla

Reaction score
You're only allowed to faint if you can write while unconscious.

*surreptiously nudges a pillow over for Beau to land on*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ok, having tested the waters with a little teaser trailer...I present you with a prologue...

--

Visions 2: So We've Been Told

Prologue

The chicken was alone. She was alone, surrounded by chickens.

From her position inside a square cage, she could see walls of cages that spanned away to the edge of the gargantuan room. The cages were divided into squares, no higher or wider than each chicken herself. Inside each cage a chicken sat, locked in the dark with just one window.

And in a room full of chickens, Camilla was alone.

She locked her beak around a twisted wire in the door of her cage and began shaking her head right and left over and over again.

Camilla was not alone in person, or chicken, as the case was here, nor was she alone in spirit, as the chickens nearest her had come to care for the mildly eccentric feathered girl. However, she was alone in her steadfast determination to break this joint and return to life.

The chickens near her squawked encouragement or jeers at the chicken attempting to escape her position in life, her position in general, and indeed to escape her very life; but they all held a mutual hope that one day, Camilla would truly break free because that gave them something they needed for themselves. Hope.

"So who is he?" the old chicken in the next but one cage asked through a series of clucks and burgs that the chickens around her understood perfectly. Words meant only for the ears of chickens, assuming that chickens have ears and use them in the same way that humans do, that is, to gossip.

"I beg your pardon?" Camilla fluffed, roughly translated from "Barg!" The metal tasted harsh. She bit at it again.

"This rooster you're breaking this joint to meet. And we all know it's a rooster that gives you the desire to break free, babe, so don't deny! Who is he girl? Do we know him?"

Camilla's answer was a lower, long, drawn out burk, and a click of her tongue. They didn't know him.

She wondered if he would even know her when they met again after all the years. Too much time in the dark had made her feathers pale white. Well, no, actually, they had always been white, but she tended to forget what she was like before she came to the place known as "The Penitentiary". Camilla had wondered often why such a name came to a place where no pens were seen, but she supposed that was another of those questions that would never be answered.

She tipped her head and the wire moved. Less than an inch, heck, less than a centimeter, but it moved. She kept pulling and it kept working itself free. This time she would do it. This time she would get out before the guard -

She looked up as something blocked the streak of sunlight from the single window of the building. The guard stood right in front of her, hands on his hips, sandy hair looking out of place on the mean face. "Well, well, well, seems Chicken Little's gotten herself into another predicament."

Oh how she wanted to be able to rely on herself to speak English well enough to respond to that. She carefully extracted the wire from her beak and backed away from the door of the cage.

"You girls are here for one reason only!" the man shouted. Camilla stared into his mouth and counted the teeth with fillings. There was a new one. She laughed to herself because she didn't have teeth and he did and he had fillings and she didn't. How childish. She loved it. Her giggles were gaggles of bucking. The guard slammed his fists against the cage and metal wires rattled. The wire she'd been chewing on pulled further from the edge of the cage. If chickens had eyebrows, she'd have raised them.

"That reason," the man went on, "is to lay eggs. My eggs! For me! And my dad! And my dog Snockems who just loooves eggs. He loves quiche. Quiche with eggs. And," he paused as if gathering himself, "we need lovely eggs for our little farm shop of organic free-range eggs." He laughed and a piece of flem caught on his uvula. He coughed and it darted forward and stuck to his front teeth. "Your purpose is not to spend all day searching for an egress from this place!" He smugged at his little pun. The flem flopped onto his bottom lip.

Camilla darted forward, stabbed at the wire and darted back. Her tail feathers pressed against the caging. The man's eyes narrowed. "You are mocking-" He paused, realizing that he had spittle on his chin and wiped it off. "You are mock-" he realized that he was talking to a chicken. "You are mocking me!" he shouted.

Camilla nodded happily and meshed her face against the cage. "Bark, buck, buck, barch, buck!" She turned around and fluttered her tail at him. The man's hand slammed the chicken-wire cage door and his fingers poked through, grabbing tail feathers. When Camilla turned, the feathers pulled from her skin. She squawked and suddenly every other chicken in the place picked up the scream.

Camilla spun towards him and chomped her beak around his finger. It was his turn to squawk. He tried to yank his hand back, but only succeeded it banging Camilla's chicken face against the thin cage door. One wire popped from its holding tack.

She released his finger and he pulled away. "Beast!" he shouted. "Ouch!"

She sat back and, around her, chickens began to stamp their collective feet in applause. The man swung his hand at her, but stopped short of hitting the actual cage for fear of a re-match.

"You know what else Snockems likes?" he snarled as he marched away. "Chicken quiche."

Camilla tipped her head and blinked her beautiful eyelashes. She knew that by the time he came back, she'd be gone.

And as it turned out, she was right.