1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Videos: "Kermit's Party" sponsored by Bounty Paper Towels

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Watch this new series of web videos sponsored by Bounty to tie-in with the The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD.

Kermit's Party - Episode 1: Chef's Catering Catastrophe

Kermit's Party - Episode 2: Gonzo Stunt Spectacular!

Kermit's Party - Episode 3: Bunsen & Beaker: Science Can Be Messy
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't care that these are basically paper towel commercials, they're freakin' wonderful! :electric:

Only thing that's missing is Lew Zealand...
  3. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

I agree. These are pretty excellent for a paper towel commercial. You never know, Lew Zealand may show up later.

I love how the intro shot into the party house has all these obscure characters - Big Mean Carl, Behemoth, Luncheon Counter Monster, etc. And how the house is decorated with Kermit and Piggy photos. Obviously Piggy was in charge of the decor.
    Borples likes this.
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I am obviously wondering where this house is, and how I can get an invite to the party! (Is it old-men, penguins and monster exclusive?)

Loving Zany the Penguin there in the first one along with Statler and Waldorf :zany:
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's interesting that all three have the same opening footage, with different dialogue from Kermit.

I noticed none of Frank Oz/Eric Jacobson's characters are present in these. I'm guessing he wasn't available. It would have been great to have seen The Electric Mayhem playing party music.

This reminds me of those short Febreeze-sponsored one-minute shows on Nick at Nite (or was it TV Land?) involving a household of dogs. I wish I could remember the title of that show.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't like this.
    It's kinda boring they all start the same way too.
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Great little spots! :) I can't even decide which one is my favorite, lol.
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

This is awesome!!! Isn't that a picture of Jim Henson in the background as well? Like a few seconds into the commercial?
  9. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Hey good eye! There is a pic of Jim and some Muppets (including Bert & Ernie) in the background. I only saw it in episodes 2 & 3 though. In the Gonzo episode there's also a photo of the wedding in MTM. :)
  10. Pinkflower7783

I think I was paying more attention to the pictures in the background more then the commercial itself. Lol!
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I noticed the wedding photo too.... and this the are they or aren't they questions begin again :):mad:
  12. Pinkflower7783

You mean about Kermit and Piggy being married?
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I like having Chef and Kermit interact more
  14. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

this is pretty cool liked monsters and manh manh and snowths
  15. Borples

Borples Active Member

Yay! What fun. I think I literally yelled "Carl!" and "Rizzo!" at their parts. :) Good to see them!

Could have used a little more background music or flying penguins or something. Seemed sort of quiet for a Muppet party.

I heartily approve of Gonzo balancing a shark swimming in finger paint. That's a new one.
  16. Borples

Borples Active Member

Sorry for posting again, but something was bugging me. The advertising part of these seems a little flat. There's a mess, thank goodness we have Bounty. Eh. So I was trying to think how that could have been done in a more Muppety manner. And I decided it would be better if there was no Bounty. As in:

*mess is made*
    Kermit: Oh no! Get the Bounty paper towels!
    Bunsen: We're used them all yesterday when Gonzo tried in-home scuba diving.

So the characters try various other silly things to clean up the mess. The Chef uses...I dunno, oatmeal, maybe. Gonzo uses tap-dancing sea sponges. Bunsen uses a ridiculously overpowered shop vac he invented. And of course, the oatmeal, sea sponges and shop vac run amok and take over the house. If only they'd had Bounty...

There. I fixed it. *walks off whistling*
  17. Pinkflower7783

You can only be so Muppety in 1:00. LOL!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Or maybe Crazy Harry could cause a big explosion, which would singe the house, requiring a Bounty clean-up.

I wonder if there'll be more of these. I was thinking about how we got three in one day, then remembered that when The Muppets Kitchen premiered online, we got four at first. One difference, though, is that we knew of The Muppets Kitchen in advance, while with these ads, we didn't know anything about them until they premiered online. We don't know if there'll be more.

These kind of feel like the kind of projects that could have been made in the 1990s, considering the absence of Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, Rowlf, Scooter, and the Electric Mayhem. Mahna Mahna is the only Henson character in these who was not recast in the 1990s, and yet he doesn't have any dialogue (though Rowlf, Scooter, and the Mayhem likely wouldn't have had dialogue if they'd appeared if this was a '90s production).

In a way, this home reminds me of Kermit's mansion (with all the friends Kermit has it'd make sense to throw a party in a big mansion), but it also reminds me of that PSA where Kermit tells the viewers to imagine if everybody lived in one home.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Kermit doesn't live in a mansion remember? He lives in the swamp still when he's not working. Lol.
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the softly furnished house where he and Pepe shared breakfast in the Cravendale ads.