Video: The Count Celebrates Sesame Street's 1 Billion Views on YouTube

cjd874

Reaction score
Wow, Matt really IS the new Jerry Nelson. :batty::sing::fishy:
:crazy:
:cluck: are the JN characters that he's officially taken over. I wonder if he could bring back
and :search: on SS (even though Tyler Bunch tried performing Herry recently) and these guys from TMS:
(thanks Muppet Central Wiki for the custom smilies!). It's probably not likely, but with the new seasons of SS and the Muppets sequel in production, there is a possibility of seeing characters like Herry, JP Grosse, or Thog with speaking roles in the future.

The video was OK...I was really hoping for something from the archives (1970s or so). The good thing is that we've seen the Count being recast, and Jerry's Muppets are all in capable hands (no pun intended) of Matt Vogel. Jerry Nelson would be proud of all the work that Matt has put into keeping these iconic characters alive.

EDIT: I think Matt's Count sounds a more excited version of Uncle Deadly from The Muppets (2011). They have similar accents, anyone agree?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree with Oscarfan, the thunder and lightning at the end's missing... But, oh how this made me smile! First the bells of doom marking Undertaker's return on Monday, then the Dead Henson's version of The First Day of School on MCR yesterday, and this vonderful video today. These are the little things that put a smile on my face.

And yes, that was Matt Vogel as :batty:.
Jerry would be highly pleased knowing his signature Sesame Street character is in good hands.

He's earned my approval as well. Well done, thank you Mr. Vogel. :big_grin:

inturnaround

Reaction score
I think it's entirely possible (and probable) that they could see a billion views in their sights and filmed this earlier this winter or late in the fall. It's not like this had to be done and released right after they made it. They held it until they passed the milestone.

And yes, it's a good Count. Good to have him back :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
It's been decades since I last watched SS (aside from the parodies DVD set) and all I can say is that that is the Count that I remember. I love how passionate he gets about counting.

I have a cartoon in my cubicle at work showing the Count teaching a math class about the number Pi. It's his favorite nuimber because it has an infinite number of digits after the decimal, and he gets to count them all! Even though the cartoon is in German, it doesn't really need translation.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, yes, after reading that blog post I definitely broke out into singing My Hero, Zero. But if Sesame keeps getting more and more hits/views to the point they add two more zeros (11 in all), do you think we'd get another video with Matt Vogel as :batty: in the style of Dr. Evil's demand for $100 billion? :zany:

Katzi428

Reaction score
VONDERFUL!!

Will he he be doing Robin & Jerry's other characters too?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Er Kathy? Matt's been voicing Jerry's TMS characters like Robin and Floyd since 2008 starting with Letters to Santa. He even voiced/performed Droop and Uncle Deadly in the latest movie and its DVD extras.

But I am happy to have heard this today as it gives me a great smile to know :batty: is back.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Bravo, Mr. Vogel.
Because of him, there is no Jerry Nelson Count/Matt Vogel Count. There is only ONE - ONE COUNT! Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah.