VENT ALERT!!!(if not interested,then DON'T READ!!)

Katzi428

Reaction score
I've been sick of that too. It's hard when it feels like no one else is being nice. Well as someone said, we don't do the right thing because it will get somewhere. We do it simply because it's the right thing. That's good enough for me, even if it's not always easy. The main thing is to respect ourselves, then other people will respect us. :smile:

The word 'nice' bothers me. We throw it around a lot, but what does it mean? I mean, the first definition of nice is "pleasing; agreeable" (dictionary.com). That really has very little to do with morality. It just means you agree with people and you don't cause problems. You can't always be 'nice' in that way. The second definition of nice is "kind." That's the truly valuable definition to me. That's where actions should come in. :smile:

...Sorry I really got into this and ended up editing it like 50 times! lol
Yeah...."kind" would be an easier to define it. I guess,as I said before,I don't want things being awkward between my mother & my friend's parents.
(Don't worry about having edited it 50 times...you helped!Thanks!)

furryredmonster

Reaction score
Can't add much more then what's already been posted... so I'm sorry to hear that and more ((Hugs)).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I really didn't know what to say Kathy. And I have things on my mind as well as you may have noticed so that probably didn't help. But be assured I do always remember you and my other friends in prayer to God often and may I offer you a big hug to try to cheer you up. :big_grin:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well, I'd say the most valuable thing I could offer in this case, is try sitting down with her and talking. You say she's been turning you off for the past year. That's good that you picked up on that!
:smile: Odds are that if you've specifically noticed that, than there's something specific causing that. See if you can find out what it is, and try and work it out with her. I know it sounds cheesey!
:wink:
No Kate...it doesn't sound cheesy.She's had some medical problems of her own,and I guess between hers & mine,maybe they clashed. I don't know.
Fragglemuppet said:
Also, if it bothers you to spend your birthday with her, than don't. Why should you make yourself miserable?
Yeah...I was thinking,her birthday is on the 26th of this month & mine's on the 28th(THIS IS NOT A HINT,EVERYONE! )we'll celebrate on the 27th
Fragglemuppet said:
Hugs, and I hope you feel better!
:smile:
(((Hugs back))) & thanks!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah...."kind" would be an easier to define it. I guess,as I said before,I don't want things being awkward between my mother & my friend's parents.
(Don't worry about having edited it 50 times...you helped!Thanks!)
Lol, ok good. Good luck with making any decisions. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Kathy. It really sucks when you just want to share your joy with someone and they let their own issues get in the way. She's probably jealous and is totally taking it the wrong way. (((HUGS))) to you and I hope you figure out what you want to do about your birthdays.
Thanks Beth. When I got my good news yesterday,she was one of the first people I wanted to share it with.Then when she reacted the way she did,it was like she popped a balloon in my face!:eek:
Like I mentioned to my post to Kate,we'll probably celebrate our birthdays on the 27th.
(((Hugs ))))back & thanks.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Can't add much more then what's already been posted... so I'm sorry to hear that and more ((Hugs)).
Thanks Kendra & (((hugs))) back!
(btw...you're awful talented for a 1 year old to have so many posts!:wink: )

Katzi428

Reaction score
I really didn't know what to say Kathy. And I have things on my mind as well as you may have noticed so that probably didn't help. But be assured I do always remember you and my other friends in prayer to God often and may I offer you a big hug to try to cheer you up. :big_grin:
Thanks very much Marty (((HUGS)))) back:smile:

FuzzMonkey

Reaction score
Some people just aren't as enthusiastic as others, I guess. I knew someone who I thought was a very close friend. I went out of my way to do things for her and try to make her feel special. And I never got anything in return. Hardly ever a thank you. Not that I was doing things for her just to get things in return, but it would have been nice if she would have at least thought of me once in a while too. As hard as it was for me, I finally just decided to cut my losses and stop talking to her. Friendship should always work both ways.