Varient Floyd

kmcphoto

Reaction score
What is the deal with the special painted Floyd? When will he be availible? Who will distibute him? Will he be a show exclusive? I am surprised by how much little attention this figure and topic is recieving. Any help on this would be helpful.

Jimbo504

Reaction score
he will be distributed with the regular series 2 figs. He will be packaged 1 per case.

Luke

Reaction score
It's a chase figure. One packed in every crate of regular Wave two Muppet figures. You'll be able to get it anywhere that you can find Muppet figures but obviously it will be limited everywhere. It has the same code as the regular Floyd so it can't be reserved or ordered seperately - there'll be a chase to find it !!!!

You could however ensure you get one by buying up a whole case of Muppet figures through some retailers.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, the idea of a chase figure is quite interesting, as he'll be the first 'variant' done this way by Palisades. It sucks, as you cant find him specifically at EB or musicland as exclusives...just hope your th elucky person who gets to him first. And might I say, is it me or do the variants somehow look cooler than the regulars? Even the variant variant Fozzie looks better!

Luke

Reaction score
It's a bloomin excellent idea - it puts the desire to 'collect em all' back in the line. Giving collectors the chance to get all the show exclusives through the collectors club made it all too easy and took the 'chase' to pick up the rare figures away. This most excellent move makes it tons harder to be a completist and puts the 'chase' and back into the line - the only way now to be a completist is luck, hunting around, being the first to the shops to peruse the figure shelves, or ordering figures in bulk - all cool ways to keep up the zest for the Muppet Action Figures into the future !

Of course though, it sucks oranges for all the lazy fans and collectors who want everything delivered to their doorstep without any effort - whats the point of being 'hardcore' if ya aren't prepared to prove your commitment eh ?

Seiously, i absolutely LOVE it - best move Ken and Palisades have made throughout the whole license - if nothing else ensures longetivity and sales then this will ! :big_grin:

kmcphoto

Reaction score
I made a mistake, I clicked on the wrong thing.

Luke

Reaction score
Oh right - i think i posted there too ! LOL !

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Please don't take this as being sarcastic, but the Floyd variant isn't going to be THAT difficult to find. Sure, you may have to look a little harder, but since every case has three Floyds, 2 of which are regular, 1 variant, the odds seem pretty decent that you will be able to find both without terrible difficulty....