Vacation Fozzie

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Hey Jon,

Here's the thread where a few of us have been keeping track of the completed ebay auction sales for the two "Holy Grail" pieces from the Muppet Show line, the Philly Wizard World East Dr. Teeth variant, and the Philly industry party giveaway Kermit in lunchbox figure. This thread should be right up you alley for price guide research, and the price trends run through the end of July.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=964

DasGoot

Reaction score
Phillip,

Yeah, I'll probably be joining the club soon. When I read about the perks, I couldn't believe it. I'm really glad that Pallisades is letting the collector have a better chance at getting the harder to find variants. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other company that's doing the same.

Lew,

Wow. I don't know what happened there. If you see anything questionable like that with the guide, let me know at Priceguidecorrections@yahoo.com. I can promise that no price fixing goes on with the guide, but I'd like to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.

Jon Gutierrez
Price Guide Editor
ToyFare & Anime Invasion
Priceguidecorrections@yahoo.com

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by DasGoot
I'm really glad that Palisades is letting the collector have a better chance at getting the harder to find variants. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other company that's doing the same.
If that's not good copy for an article or sidebar in Toyfare, I don't know what is! :wink:

Lew,

Wow. I don't know what happened there.
Yeah, it was a pretty bad scene. And I didn't just take the guys word for it, I dug out my mags and checked the price guides, the screengrabs he provided for the online price change once Moe was bundled, etc... so I know what he was saying was airtight.

The other gripe people had was the prepricing of the Simpsons exclusives in the guide before they'd even been shipped.

If you see anything questionable like that with the guide, let me know at Priceguidecorrections@yahoo.com. I can promise that no price fixing goes on with the guide, but I'd like to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
Thanks Jon, but I'm sure it won't be necessary, in light of what you've said. :smile:

By the way, I don't think anyone here has anything against any employees of Toyfare themselves. Wait, is Gareb considered an employee? J/K :wink:

DasGoot

Reaction score
Lew,

between you me and everyone else on the site, we were already planning on doing a story next issue on the recent resurgence of Toy collector fan clubs, with an emphasis on Pallisades.

Jon Gutierrez
Price Guide Editor
ToyFare & Anime Invasion
Priceguidecorrections@yahoo.com

grail

Reaction score
okay, here seems like as good a place as any to post this, especially since i hate starting new threads...

according to my email, Diamond does indeed have this months Toyfare set to come out next Wednesday, Aug 14th. this is the one with the Animal (or Skeletor...who for the record looks like a hunk of a**) cover and Vacation Fozzie order form.

so there you go, my fellow Muppet fans...find a local comic store and you'll be all set.

BTW, i met our new Toyfare friend at BotCon. i was bummed about something that just wasn't going to happen, and promptly stuck my foot in my mouth. he was pretty cool and didn't even give me crap for it. in my book that makes him good people...and he's got probably the funniest screen name i've seen in awhile too!

(also BTW, wookie: if you want i can pick you up a copy of the Toyfare, and see if we can meet up for lunch that Saturday or something so i can give it to you, let me know)

Jimbo504

Reaction score
Is there any other way to get vacation fozzie besides through the magazine? I think my subscription just ended and I dont think I will make it to a store that carries toyfare around the 14th. plus, I have tried this method with past exclusives (ie pin pal burns) and didn't get it even though I sent it in the day I got the mag.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo504
Is there any other way to get vacation fozzie besides through the magazine? I think my subscription just ended and I dont think I will make it to a store that carries toyfare around the 14th. plus, I have tried this method with past exclusives (ie pin pal burns) and didn't get it even though I sent it in the day I got the mag.
I feel your pain. I did the same thing with Pin Pal Burns, and got shut out, even though I mailed my coupon the day the mag hit my comic shops stands. I wound up ordering mine through the UK allotment Forbidden Planet Sci Fi Warehouse got.

Well, I guess that depends on if you want the Toyfare version specifically. There are two vacation Fozzies, with different paint schemes. Musicland/Mediaplay/Suncoast stores are offering the alternate paint scheme.

Here are links to pics of the two versions:

Musicland color scheme:
http://www.palisadestoys.com/DailyBits/JulyThree/VACFOZZ1.jpg
Toyfare color scheme:
http://www.palisadestoys.com/DailyBits/JulyThree/VACFOZZ2.jpg

If you want the Toyfare paint scheme, you could always go to Wizard World and order the Toyfare Vacation Fozzie online as an alternative. I'd imagine the Mediaplay Fozzie will be offerend online as well, but neither version is offered on there websites for sale as of yet.

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
I have been burned twice by ToyFare. I have bought the magazine since the first specials, and enjoy reading it. When I saw the Simpsons Pin Pals set, it convinced me to buy Simpsons figures. I had a friend order a PP Burns for me, and got it with no problem.

Pin Pal Moe, on the other hand, went horribly wrong. I saw the preorder bundles on the website for Moe, but none of the bundles appealed to me. I only wanted Moe. So I waited until the day they went on sale. So there I sat, credit card in hand, waiting for 9:00 am to roll around to order. At 9:00, I entered all of my information as quickly as I could, and then discovered they had all sold out. I was ******! So when the magazine came out that day, I had my comic shop owner fill out the order form for 3, saying I would buy one from him. Well, he got his envelope back, stamped "sold out". If not for the sheer generosity of one of the Simpsons board posters, I would still not have a Moe. I vowed never to order from ToyFare again.

But upon mentioning this to Ken Lilly, he told me to have faith in them now, as he did. I do want the TF Fozzie, as I prefer it's coloring. So, based on Ken's recommendation, I will try again. I hope things work out well this time.

Chris

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I remember that day when Pin Pal Moe sold out in three minutes online. It was unbelievable. It was also ironic that after Pin Pal Moe sold out, they still had the bundles up for the rest of that day, meaning they were "sold out" of Moe by himself, but it you were willing to pony up the dough for a bundle (like a two hundred dollar Thor statue and a Moe bundeld together), well, that was a different story. :rolleyes:

In the words of wisdom of Gomer Pyle, USMC: "Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me." :wink:

Now, having said that, I am going to order Vacation Fozzie from Toyfare. I'm sure Ken is right and things will go more smoothly now. But if they don't, well, it's like baseball with their work stopages, less and less fans will come back and give them another chance.

Jimbo504

Reaction score
will they be offered online though? I won't have an opportunity to pick up a copy of the magazine and my subscription just ended last issue (just my luck) I think. Okay, anyone who has a subscription, you know how on every issue it says the date that your subscription will end? Does that correspond to the actual month that you get the issue, or the month that is printed on the issue? Like the date my subscription ends is 9/02. I got the September issue last month. does that mean my subscription is over?