Update on It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Realese

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Captain N :- The Games Master was pretty good - also how about the Super Mario Bros cartoon where they had live action Mario and Luigi introducing it.

MASK and Centurions - oh and i still watch The Addams Family cartoon.

Did you guys ever get either 'Mysterious Cities Of Gold' or 'Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds' ?
MASK, Mysterious Cities of Gold, and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show, and Pirates of the Dark Water are all out there in their entirety. Jem is out there too, in mass abundance. I believe some people have it in PAL also, so score for you, ay Luke? :wink:

-Matt

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Heh...

Its kind of funny hearing you guys talk about "obscure" cartoons, being a trader. All of the mentioned shows are common throw-arounds on the circuit.
When I say "obscure," I'm talking about the general populace, not hardcore animation fanatics like ourselves. :big_grin:

Let me illustrate my point. I just typed in "Bugs Bunny" and "Looney Tunes" in the DVD search engine to see what titles are available. You know what's there? "Space Jam," which came out back when DVD players were first released, and a just-released "Baby Looney Tunes" disc. That's it. Folks, we have a 60-year history of wonderful classic Warner Bros. cartoons that are begging for a prestige presentation.

And here we have people complaining that "Captain N" isn't on DVD. :wink:

I remember most of these cartoons, and I might remember David the Gnome, Woozles, Myst. Cities of Gold and 3 Muskehounds if someone showed me a picture of them. For the record, I did have the first episode of "Captain N" on tape at one time, but I think it accidentally got recorded over...aargh!

Anyway, these are all great trips down memory lane, and I'm not saying they should never come out in DVD. There's just so much more that I think needs to get its recognition first.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go play with my GoBots. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I still have a gobot in my attic actually, that's quite a shameful thing to admit ! LOL

Yeah i don't think things like Captain N deserve the DVD treatment yet (or at all) but as said, just trips down memory lane. However 'Mysterious Cities' would probably do very well on DVD with the current Harry Potter/LOTR crazes.

It's just down to who owns the rights and whether that company generally does much TV show product on DVD. For instance Warners own so much but they only really like to put their current shows out on DVD, not the long gone stuff. Other companies just put the whole back catalogue out there like it's all banged out on a production line. Generally the better shows are owned by the choosier big companies or just remote 'one trick' production companies who have no way to release their stuff, so it can really stink !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I know i've gone on about it before but Zack, do you remember 'Galaxy High School' ?
I have heard you talk about a lot ,but no i have never seen it, When did it air? i was born in 1983, just wondering when it came out.

Yeah i think the Raccoon DVD'S would sell very well! I seeing that i live close to Canada I got to watch the show when it first aird then i know it later came to the Disney channle, so at one time Disney had something to do with the Raccoons.

I feel like the show played on Fox along time ago, but on that web site it doesn't list it so i guess not. I loved Cyril Sneer and Bert Raccoon, i always felt very much like Bert. i was lucky about three years ago during the summer when BCC, or whichever station from Canada i get played the Raccoons, but i was dumb not to tape any of them, It still plays in Canada now i belive, but i only get one station from there.

Oh yeah and i loved Denver the Dinosaur too! And i was always a sucker for many of the video game cartoons, the Super Mario Bros super show, Mario Three, the second Sonic cartoon, and PAC MAN!!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, Scooter like's pie!...just for a week, just for a week folks...Dog.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog

Zack)Rowlf the, Scooter like's pie!...just for a week, just for a week folks...Dog.
STOP! STOP! I get enough of that in real life!!! STOP!

DARGH!

:crazy:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
STOP! STOP! I get enough of that in real life!!! STOP!
Okay! Okay! But your the one who was saying stuff about pie, so, alright what do you want me to write there? In the other thread you said you didn't care as long as the bowing down to Sarah was done.
(in which, Hi Sarah! glad to do bussness with you!)

well anyways what do you want instead scoot?

Zack)Rowlf the, Scooter hate's pie...Just kidding!!!Dog.:wink:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
*I* think your sig should say, "Bill is a sexy Muppet mans", Zack!!!!
OR perhaps, "ZACK is a sexy Muppet mans"!!!
:stick_out_tongue: :zany:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
OR perhaps, "ZACK is a sexy Muppet mans"!!!
LOL! yeah but I would never say something like that, so i wouldn't type it either, even if it is true, thanks for that thought though!

Zack)Rowlf the, I...got nuthin now...Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Its kind of funny hearing you guys talk about "obscure" cartoons, being a trader. All of the mentioned shows are common throw-arounds on the circuit.
Matt,

Any idea in your trading circles where i could get all the Eps of Galaxy High School on DVDR ?