Universal Studio Japan and Sesame Street

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunnysan
SAd but true. I was washing to go back this year again, but I really did not feel like being disapointed again.:frown:
"washing to go back"?!

DON'T BATHE!! Read this:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6522

J/K

Ummmm... Why does Universal (US, Japan etc.) have WB, Nick, Snoopy, SS etc., in there parks and Universal DOESN'T even own some of them things!!
They license the characters out to create more of an interest for theme park goers! Like Disney-MGM has Muppet Vision 3D and the Star Wars thing, or 6 Flags has the Bugs Bunny thing going on.

How about this? Universal has a Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters show which are Geffen Company and Sony/Columbia properties, both of which are Universal's competition, right?

:smile:

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
"washing to go back"?!

DON'T BATHE!! Read this:

J/K

They license the characters out to create more of an interest for theme park goers! Like Disney-MGM has Muppet Vision 3D and the Star Wars thing, or 6 Flags has the Bugs Bunny thing going on

WB (AOL Waner Bros) owns Six Flags, thats why thay have Bug's (I HATE the Loony toons!:grouchy: .....:big_grin: ) and Batman and Superman stuff at them 6 Flags too!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Why do you hate Looney Tunes. They were original cartoons. They were funny!!

Though, I did get tired of hearing folks ask for Bugs, Daffy, or Tweety when I worked at The Disney Store!! :mad:

Still, Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies are great; as are the original Mickey, Donald, Goofy cartoons Disney USED to do.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Six Flags is not owned by the WB anymore now it is owned by Premiere Parks. Premiere Parks licenceses the WB characters to be put in the park. Paramount Parks (Viacom) also licenceses the some AOL Time Warner characters (Hanna-Barbera) that have been at those parks before the WB even owned them especially Kings Island.

Bean Bunnysan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
"washing to go back"?!

DON'T BATHE!! Read this:

J/K

They license the characters out to create more of an interest for theme park goers! Like Disney-MGM has Muppet Vision 3D and the Star Wars thing, or 6 Flags has the Bugs Bunny thing going on.

How about this? Universal has a Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters show which are Geffen Company and Sony/Columbia properties, both of which are Universal's competition, right?

here in japan its a different world. there is all sort of strange combos of companies all together. They loan the rights (X -char) for a period of months or years for x- amount of money.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's a sypnopsis:

http://www.usj.co.jp/sesame4D/e_attraction.html

"Sesame Street 4-D Movie Magic," is a 20-minute, sensory filled experience exploring the magic of movie making with the world-renowned "Sesame Street" characters including Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Oscar the Grouch, Grover and Prairie Dawn.

It is a busy day on "Sesame Street" as guests enter the pre-show area to find all the characters putting finishing touches on their movies. After guests finish watching only two movie previews, The Count's "Counting Cowboy"
and Prairie Dawn's "Space Ponies," the movie projector suddenly breaks. Brokenhearted, the "Sesame Street" characters are preparing to leave when Elmo has a brilliant idea and tells everyone that they do not need a projector to show their movies --all they need is their imagination. Elmo then invites guests into th main theater so that the movies can begin.

After putting on their requisite Hollywood sunglasses, guests are immersed in each of the character's "imaginary" movies filled with comedy, action and
suspense. But these are not just any ordinary movies, these movies seemingly jump off the screen and bombard all the guests' senses as they smell freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, feel the drip-drop of raindrops on their heads and even experience the thrill of traveling around the world as their seats propel them from arid deserts to snow-topped mountains and even into the murky depths of the sea. The whole experience becomes even more real when the movies end and Big Bird invites guests to step through the screen and join him on "Sesame Street," where they can find the familiar brownstone buildings and doors, Oscar's garbage can and the universally famous street sign.

I'm going to Japan this summer, so maybe there is a chance of me seeing this. And if I do, I'll post a thread telling you all about it.

Oh, and for those of you who saw the USJ special, did they show a sneak peek of SS 4-D?