Two New Sesame DVDs in April

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, sesamestreet.org has a clip from the video, entitled Earth Rocks, and the Muppet Wiki page for the video has an embedded youtube clip of the video, which appears to be a trailer. It features a big montage of clipos with characters getting emotional (getting sad, angry, and so on). Many of the clips are from the 1970s, but I wonder if they are really going to be a part of the DVD. It could just be a montage sequence in the video, as the DVD is about the earth, not feelings, but I'd be disapointed iif these clips are just in the trailer and not the DVD itself. Interestingly one of the clips is of Don Music banging his head on the piano (and Kermit is visable).

But still, I hope that's a sign that we'll get semi-complete classic clips on this reelase.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I bought the DVD today, and posted the sketch contents on the relevant Muppet Wiki article. The linking material is good but most of the sketches are disapointing. Not one Muppet sketch is included (I don't know what was up with including so many classic clips in the trailer... None of them are included). Most of them are films narrarated by kids.

But the linking material is enjoyable. There's a running gag where Cookie Monster keeps wanting cookies (and ends up eating his phone, like in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street). There's a running gag where Oscar keeps calling the Earth-a-Thon just to bother Telly. There's a scene where Abby keeps saying all magic spells she knows, including "A la peanut butter sandwhiches". Elmo sings a verse of Bein' Green, introducing it by saying "As a friend once said..."

And there are trailers for some upcoming Sesame Street DVDs. The trailers are for Birthday Fun, Elmo and the Bookaneers, and Bedtime with Elmo.