Two New Sesame DVDs in April

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop and Genius Products are planning to release two all new DVDs this April - one celebrating the environment and going green; and one celebrating reading and pirates.
Sesame Street: Being Green (April 7, 2009)
Elmo and Abby pitch in to help Mr. Earth (actor Paul Rudd in a hilariously large costume) host Sesame Street's first Earth-a-Thon. Mr. Earth teaches Elmo and Abby how "it can be easy being green" by recycling, re-using, and conserving water and energy. Abby, in her desire to help Elmo be more "green,u201D accidentally turns him the color green and can't remember how to change him back! Lots of fun ensues as Abby is eventually able to poof Elmo red again. Elmo, Cookie Monster, Rosita and Telly join Mr. Earth in pledging to continue to do "green" things to help our planet.
[More information and pictures]

Elmo and the Bookaneers: Pirates Who Love to Read (April 21, 2009)
The “Bookaneers,u201D led by Tina Fey, have come ashore on Sesame Street, and they want to plunder Elmo’s bookshelf. When Elmo finds out how much they love to read, he can’t wait to become a bookaneer himself. Can he pass the test and help them find their treasure? Bert and Ernie are also on the hunt for treasure in an episode from the fantastic new claymation series “Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures.” Plus, Abby Cadabby sings about all the words she treasures in the song "I Love Words"! The DVD will also include "Elmo's World: Books," a special installment of "Elmo's World" where Elmo invites viewers to learn all about reading and books.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, they're releasing episodes on disk now, edited with other clips. I wonder if SS would get the idea to do this with older episodes... maybe work out a deal with Lucasfilm and release the Star Wars cross over at some point in time.

Not stinkin' likely, but that would be just amazing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am a little excited. I'll be surprised if any of Kermit's versions of Bein' Green are included. Somehow, I have a feeling that Elmo will sing a cover of the song. Or maybe Oscar's version will be included. But I hope that some kind of Kermit segment will be included. On My Pond would be the most logical.

It would be great if some classic environmental segments were on this, but it seems like recent non-Old School DVDs normally stick with stuff from the last 20 seasons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here are some segments I'd like to see in the video:
  • On My Pond
  • Willie Wimple: Land Pollution
  • Two-Headed Monster plays with empty juice cartons
  • I Love Trash
  • The Garden Song (I doubt it'll be included, but I'm hoping it will be!)
  • Prairie Dawn's Recycling Pageant
  • A boy leaves water running while brushing his teeth
  • Telly tells Oscar to make a new "SCRAM" sign using the other side of an existing one
  • The King Who Wasted Paper
  • The Adventures of Prairie Dawn: Turning Off the TV

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know I'm being contrary here, lol, but I'm not sure I'd send the message "it can be easy bein green." Let's face it, it can be a real pain in the neck being environmentally friendly. If you tell kids it's always supposed to be easy and fun, they'll quickly get discouraged when they eventually discover it isn't.

Being enviornmentally friendly is good and crucial to the planet and every kid should be educated about it. But they should do it because it's important, not because it's easy. Because it won't always be. And we're not doing kids any favors by constantly making things easy for them. :wink:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Here are some segments I'd like to see in the video:
  • On My Pond
  • Willie Wimple: Land Pollution
  • Two-Headed Monster plays with empty juice cartons
  • I Love Trash
  • The Garden Song (I doubt it'll be included, but I'm hoping it will be!)
  • Prairie Dawn's Recycling Pageant
  • A boy leaves water running while brushing his teeth
  • Telly tells Oscar to make a new "SCRAM" sign using the other side of an existing one
  • The King Who Wasted Paper
  • The Adventures of Prairie Dawn: Turning Off the TV
The only segments I can see on this video (if any) are ones from the past 20 years, most of which were already put on "Love the Earth".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The only segments I can see on this video (if any) are ones from the past 20 years, most of which were already put on "Love the Earth".
I figure that too, but most of the ones I listed are from the last 20 years. I could also see On My Pond included, even though it's from a few years later than the last 20 years.

muppet baby

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop and Genius Products are planning to release two all new DVDs this April - one celebrating the environment and going green; and one celebrating reading and pirates.
Sesame Street: Being Green (April 7, 2009)
Elmo and Abby pitch in to help Mr. Earth (actor Paul Rudd in a hilariously large costume) host Sesame Street's first Earth-a-Thon. Mr. Earth teaches Elmo and Abby how "it can be easy being green" by recycling, re-using, and conserving water and energy. Abby, in her desire to help Elmo be more "green,u201D accidentally turns him the color green and can't remember how to change him back! Lots of fun ensues as Abby is eventually able to poof Elmo red again. Elmo, Cookie Monster, Rosita and Telly join Mr. Earth in pledging to continue to do "green" things to help our planet.

Elmo and the Bookaneers: Pirates Who Love to Read (April 21, 2009)
The “Bookaneers,u201D led by Tina Fey, have come ashore on Sesame Street, and they want to plunder Elmo’s bookshelf. When Elmo finds out how much they love to read, he can’t wait to become a bookaneer himself. Can he pass the test and help them find their treasure? Bert and Ernie are also on the hunt for treasure in an episode from the fantastic new claymation series “Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures.” Plus, Abby Cadabby sings about all the words she treasures in the song "I Love Words"! The DVD will also include "Elmo's World: Books," a special installment of "Elmo's World" where Elmo invites viewers to learn all about reading and books.
I want both of these dvds i am so glad that tina fey will be back with the bookaneers this is so great . Ok this is going to sound so stupid what i am about to say about the bookaneers when i first saw the skit on SS back in 07 the eposid that had brain williams from NBC news i thought that was tina fey in the skit but i was not sure later i found out that it was she was so great i loved her in Saterday night live also as sara pailne she looked and sounded just like her and did a great Job :excited:.

i am going to be taping the reruns of some of the bookanars SS eposoids to keep them .

I think i am going to start watching reruns of 30 rock to see her in that to i think she is so funny like her very much i have never seen 3o rock i have heard it is great .

I bougbht the movie baby mama on a blind buy because of tina fey and loved that movie and have seen it almost 15 times now i bought the movie the week of my birthday with a gift card LOL . Some of the best gift card money i have ever spent LOL .

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I just saw two Ernie sketches online that would be great for the Being Green release. They are both environment-related and I think they are both from the 1989-1990 season.

One is the song Don't Throw That Trash on the Ground, and he other was called Forest Fashions with Ernie. It looks like the same set was used in both sketches... They must have been recorded within the same hour.