TV shows only you seem to like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Notice I didn't say hate. That's too strong a word, and someone's going to get overly passionate about something (probably me).

I really liked Ned's Newt. Doesn't seem to have much of a fanbase. But then again, I'm sure post-Eek The Cat Fox Kids shows that aren't Power Rangers or Digimon don't have much either. On that subject, huge Mad Jack the Pirate fan and I think Secret Files of the Spy Dogs was far superior to the movie where dogs are spies.

But Ned's Newt... that really takes me back. I like 90's cartoons, yet I'm very much not nostalgic for the crap I had to put up with in high school. Anyway, I can't even pinpoint what I liked most about it. Harland Williams's crazy impersonations (apparently they were scripted, and he kinda struggled to sound like all these celebrities/cartoon characters), the weird word salad/word play... I dunno what to call it. There was an episode where Ned wanted to break some world record, and one of them was to shout a flavor or marmalade louder than anyone ever before... I mean, how do you describe that? The writers were clearly insane or something. I even spent a fortune on crappy official (!) SLP dubbed tapes that had 4 cartoons on them, and I got the whole collection. That's fan devotion.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I liked the short-lived Disney afternoon show "Teamo Supremo." A lot of the disdain for that show seemed to be about it being a rip-off of the then-wildly popular Powerpuff Girls. Speaking as someone who actually watched the show, it was very, very little at all like the Powerpuff Girls. I think that a lot of the Fan Dumb (thank you for that phrase, TV Tropes) just saw a new show about three grade-school superheroes (only one of whom was female, by the way), and slapped the "rip-off" label on it. But I thought it was cute, and had funny moments, as well as a lot of heart. I'm not positive, but there might be episodes on YouTube for those who haven't seen it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Growing up as a kid:

- COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG (a couple of other friends liked it)
- COW AND CHICKEN
- ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE
- Rocky and Bullwinkle (that's right Drtooth, I was the ONLY kid in school who liked Moosk and sqweerill).

Especially during middle school, there was only show that was "cool" to watch, and that was SpongeBob... if you didn't like SpongeBob, you might as well have not been born.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I liked the short-lived Disney afternoon show "Teamo Supremo." A lot of the disdain for that show seemed to be about it being a rip-off of the then-wildly popular Powerpuff Girls. Speaking as someone who actually watched the show, it was very, very little at all like the Powerpuff Girls. I think that a lot of the Fan Dumb (thank you for that phrase, TV Tropes) just saw a new show about three grade-school superheroes (only one of whom was female, by the way), and slapped the "rip-off" label on it. But I thought it was cute, and had funny moments, as well as a lot of heart. I'm not positive, but there might be episodes on YouTube for those who haven't seen it.
That's a show I desperately wanted to like, I'll put it that way. I mean, it was created by one of my favorite cartoon TV writers, Doug Langdale (Earthworm Jim/ Darkwing Duck... I mean, those are 2 of my favorite shows right there). I'd say my problem was the kids were too much goody two shoes. They don't even eat candy? The villains were pretty good, though. I wonder if there was any executive meddling that kept the show from reaching it's true potential.

But I agree... saying they're a ripoff of PPG is a bit much. Not to say there aren't small similarities, but you can basically link that up with anything.

On that subject, where's the love for Dave the Barbarian (another Langdale created series)?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, back in the Dark Ages, I thought da Moosk and sqweerill were pretty cool, too.
Jay Ward's little cottage industry was a welcome addition to any cartoon lineup.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I like the old PBS series, Danger Rangers. It's a show on the same quality level as Friendship is Magic or Animaniacs about safety rules taught by 6 animals and their robot friend, Fallbot.) I watched it as a kid, but got re-addicted once I saw a clip from one of the songs which I found funny. I currently watch the ThisTV run of the show, even though they cut some scenes (like the second song in the episode) and they skip the clip shows (I watched one of them, and the only funny things were Kitty walking into the room and wondering what the others are doing and Kitty trying to guess why she got a Danger Alert). I also hate how Mighty Kids Media doesn't like it when you post episodes of the show and they give you a copyright strike. Luckily, both clip shows and "Water Works" are on YouTube, and a Korean website has the first 7 episodes.

As for shows I like that others like as well, in my Spanish class, everyone liked Garfield and Friends, and kept referencing it at random. They mostly referenced the U.S. Acres segments. The three most common things to do were:
1. "If [RANDOM STUDENT NAME HERE] lays an egg, I'm getting out of here!"
2. Calling people "Orse", Roy's nickname for Orson
3. Singing this song from the Wanted: Wade episode:
As for Garfield, people kept mentioning Nermal and Abu Duabi.
I also like Pretty Cure, and one kid in my Spanish class knew about it from an article where it was the most hashtagged term in Japan because of Yayoi Kise (Cure Peace) being the first otaku Pretty Cure.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I liked the show Baby Bob, but it seems nobody else did. Well, my parents liked it as well, and I think my brother liked it, but I barely knew anyone else who even saw or was aware of it (and I asked my classmates... In fact around this time there were quite a few shows I watched that didn't last that it seemed my classmates didn't watch, like Titus and Greg the Bunny), and all comments about that show that I've seen online have been negative.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
PHINEAS AND FERB
JOHNNY TEST (Yes, I like JOHNNY TEST people, you can put a flamethrower in the comments now)
DEXTER'S LABORATORY (I'm not the biggest fan of the show, as I'm a bigger fan of THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
DAN VS. (At first, it was one of my favorites, but as time went on, I started to just simply like it)
MUPPETS TONIGHT (You might as well also put a flamethrower on this too, since it's a Muppet program and you'll do ANYTHING to protect your innocent Muppets, Just kidding, anyways, I actually thought THIS PROGRAM was THE MUPPETS, seriously, there's barely any of Kermit.)
INSPECTOR GADGET (Yeah, I just like it, that all)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, both PHINEAS AND FERB and DEXTER'S LABORATORY have HUGE fanbases. :confused:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
PHINEAS AND FERB
JOHNNY TEST (Yes, I like JOHNNY TEST people, you can put a flamethrower in the comments now)
DEXTER'S LABORATORY (I'm not the biggest fan of the show, as I'm a bigger fan of THE POWERPUFF GIRLS)
DAN VS. (At first, it was one of my favorites, but as time went on, I started to just simply like it)
MUPPETS TONIGHT (You might as well also put a flamethrower on this too, since it's a Muppet program and you'll do ANYTHING to protect your innocent Muppets, Just kidding, anyways, I actually thought THIS PROGRAM was THE MUPPETS, seriously, there's barely any of Kermit.)
INSPECTOR GADGET (Yeah, I just like it, that all)
Yeah, I should totally add Muppets Tonight! to my list as well. I guess I connected more with it (though the first time I actually saw it was in YouTube uploads) because I was a kid of the '90s, not the '70s, like the TMS-era (don't get me wrong; I still love TMS bunches!). And, no disrespect to Kevin Clash, but... I sort of like Clifford without his sunglasses. His eyes are cute. Not to mention that it was the debut of one of my favorite characters (hint: the one in my avatar). I guess maybe I'm not the only one who likes this show, but it seems like this is a show I like that some people...forget about.

Oh yeah, and I also liked Inspector Gadget. Although Penny and Brain were my favorite part of it (I agree with the Nostalgia Critic when he says Penny should have gotten all of those gadgets; from what I understand, the '80s had a major shortage of preteen superheroines).