TV shows only you seem to like.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well...if we are putting Dan Vs on the list, then Dan Vs. I think its not so much people don't like it...its that no one knows it exists because its overshadowed by ponies...

I feel like a broken record every time I mention Dan Vs...

Heck, I'm an admin on the wiki and I have two Dan Vs tumblr blogs...THAT'S how much I love Dan Vs...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's one show I like I'm sure others would've gotten into, if you were around back in 1972. It was called "The Patchwork Family", and aired on CBS on Saturday mornings. The catch was:
1. You had to be around in the 70's.
2. You had to be from the New York area.
3. You had to get up at the crack of dawn to watch it.

Had an educational slant, but it was mostly about having fun. Hosted by Carol Corbett and her puppet-sidekick Rags. Rags was a live-hand puppet with yellow fur and shaggy orange hair, who loved jelly beans. His performer, Cary Antebi, was said to have worked for the Muppets once upon a time, before he quit puppets and became a rabbi.

There's a 5-minute YouTube clip somebody finally posted after waiting 40 years, and it gives just a tiny glimpse of what most of you missed, and what only a few like me remember.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess I should add WIMZIE'S HOUSE to my list, since so many people here regard it as merely an inferior Henson knock-off (despite Chris Cerf, Norman Stiles, and Jim Kroupa worked on it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well...if we are putting Dan Vs on the list, then Dan Vs. I think its not so much people don't like it...its that no one knows it exists because its overshadowed by ponies...

I feel like a broken record every time I mention Dan Vs...

Heck, I'm an admin on the wiki and I have two Dan Vs tumblr blogs...THAT'S how much I love Dan Vs...
I've finally seen Dan Vs. And frankly, the first thing that popped into my mind was wrong channel. It's overshadowed by Ponies, Animaniacs, Transformers, G.I. Joe (though hanky panky about the movie kinda hurt that one), Justice League (or whatever they have... Batman)... it really seems like it should be somewhere else. Adult Swim, Comedy Central, FX... but it's absolutely strange being on the Hub. Absolutely hilarious, wonderful show that needs more love, but on the wrong venue.

It's funny that quite a bit of the list is stuff people have heard of.

Here's some you didn't...

The Mighty Heroes
a Ralph Bakshi created series about a completely disorganized super hero team that always beats each other up in the first act, and then get their crap together and defeat the villain in the second. It has every super hero trope known to man, it's formulaic as heck... but it's very tongue in cheek. If you look the other way when they have Asian negative stereotypes, it's a fun little cartoon. But it's so obscure that it even took me years to remember the name of it. I spent 20 bucks on a bootleg VHS over 12 years ago just to see it (no youtube then).

Even MORE obscure is another Bakshi Terrytoons series...

(Yes, D'Snowth... Arthur totally stole the name)

The secret agent that talks very stilted and walks through doors.

robodog

Reaction score
Stunt Dawgs. A little known 90's cartoon. I never see it mentioned anywhere but I used to love it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
YES YES YES!

Oh man... Stunt Dawgs was insanely obscure. You try and tell anyone that it existed and they'll give you looks. Some might even say that you're thinking of Super Dave, and even that is far obscure. Every time it pops up in poor quality on the internet, it disappears fast because of everything else someone has in their YT account. And the villains were insanely manic. I mean, it was like Jem with stunt teams instead of singing (right up to the fact the villainous competition interrupt the theme song)... and with crazier characters.

And Inspector Gadget was in it once, and it wasn't even a DIC program.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Did anyone else like As Told By Ginger? At first I found it a rather boring animated teen drama, but it has slowly grown on me. It's got a strong sense of continuity, realistic teenage issues, a nice portrayal of interracial relationships, and some really tearjerking moments. It's no wonder why the episode "Hello, Stranger" was nominated for an Emmy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was never a teenaged girl, so I never really even took a look at it to be honest.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Never liked it. Pepper Anne was good though...from what I remember of it...actually...does anyone even remember that show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I vaguely remember it... I don't recall if I watched it though, I seem to recall thinking the title character seemed grating and obnoxious based on the commercials for it.

Another similar cartoon I seem to vaguely recall, and I can't even remember the name of it, but I think the main character was a kid in a wheelchair, he wore a backwards red ballcap, a purple shirt, and he had this grandma who tried to stay hip and young.