The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think I'd like Sing. Haven't seen the new Star Wars yet. Trolls looks awful.
I want to give Trolls a chance if they can make a good trailer out of it. The teaser looks like every kids movie ever made from 2002 to whenever the heck Kung Fu Panda came out. The hip "urban" music that 50 year olds think the youngsters like (to be fair, Whip and Nae Nae is only a year old, and not "I like Big Butts" levels of irrelevance) accentuates that.

Other than that, I just don't see any theatrically released trailers that look bad enough to complain about. Even the new Ice Age movie trailer has some actually funny bits in it, and they did bring back Simon Pegg's character from the third film (he was the film's highlight). Key word...theatrical.

NO! Just..no...just..just aw haaaayyyyyyllll no!

That looks worse than the commercial for the DVD they ran during a We Bare Bears.

"Don't Forget Mr. Weenee!"

Dude...I totally want to forget about Mr. Weenee! I would spend a fortune in therapy and hypnosis bills to forget Mr. Weenee. I'd pull out parts of my brain's memory core to forget Mr. Weenee. But I'll never be able to forget Mr. Weenee as long as I live. Even as an old man with a decaying mind, I'll still see Mr. freaking Weenee every time I close my eyes!

Luke kun

Reaction score
Dude...I totally want to forget about Mr. Weenee! I would spend a fortune in therapy and hypnosis bills to forget Mr. Weenee. I'd pull out parts of my brain's memory core to forget Mr. Weenee. But I'll never be able to forget Mr. Weenee as long as I live. Even as an old man with a decaying mind, I'll still see Mr. freaking Weenee every time I close my eyes!
Who is Mr. Weenee?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A German-accented weenie dog in those OPEN SEASON movies, and the character was created by David Feiss - the same guy who created COW AND CHICKEN, which was always chock-full of weenie jokes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A German-accented weenie dog in those OPEN SEASON movies, and the character was created by David Feiss - the same guy who created COW AND CHICKEN, which was always chock-full of weenie jokes.
Except that Cow and Chicken was funny with Weenie jokes.

I hate to say I actually like the character designs of this franchise as they're clearly done by David. I'd almost wish this was a 2-D film animated by the same studio that did C&C, at least it would look funny.

Even when he animated ALF for a custom animated series tag, it was unmistakably Cow and Chicken-esque.

Has anyone seen "The Last Flight of the Champions"? I've heard of that being on borderline-Foodfight levels of bad quality.
I don't think anyone has seen Last Flight of the Champion. It was never shown outside of a couple screenings in Texas. Seriously, between that movie and the recently discovered "Believe in Santa" special, I'm shocked that the animation fandom community didn't catch up on either. How many times can we hammer home that both animated Titanic movies sucked? They've gotten pretty overrated, especially the rapping dog one. I'm actually sick of hearing about Foodfight. And I'm sure they'll jump on Norm of the North when it hits Redbox. The fact it's been at least 2 years since Champion has been released and there hasn't been an outlet to actually watch that piece of crap just makes me want someone to rip it apart all the more.

Seriously. Someone find a copy and give it to Cinema Snob, Mr. Ender, Black Nerd Critic, JonTron... someone!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Except that Cow and Chicken was funny with Weenie jokes.

I hate to say I actually like the character designs of this franchise as they're clearly done by David. I'd almost wish this was a 2-D film animated by the same studio that did C&C, at least it would look funny.

Even when he animated ALF for a custom animated series tag, it was unmistakably Cow and Chicken-esque.
David, like a lot of them, has a really unique and distinct visual style that it's pretty much unmistakable when you see something from him, such as those Cheetos commercials:

And even those Kid Cuisine commercials:

Heck, take at look at 0:35 - 0:44 and just tell me if he didn't animated that entire sequence; that first snake's Red Guy-esque surprised look is a giveaway.

cuppajoe95

Reaction score
My observations about the cast are as follows:

* At least anyone who finds out about it will almost certainly maintain that Emily Blunt's role in the upcoming My Little Pony film will look more dignified.
* Ian McKellen... I wonder if this will be worse than attaching his name to the atrocious localization that was Doogal?

I'll give Animal Crackers that it sounds a bit imaginative (at least in my opinion)... although it might seem like a ripoff of a chapter/episode of Doraemon with biscuits that temporarily transform a person in to the animal that the biscuit resembled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drtooth

Reaction score
* At least anyone who finds out about it will almost certainly maintain that Emily Blunt's role in the upcoming My Little Pony film will look more dignified.
Well, MLP does have a huge fanbase, even though most of it is unintentional. And, well... at least we'll have a quality movie based on a Hasbro toyline.

For the record, I did enjoy Transformers Age of Extinction, at the very least near the second half where it picks up and stops being about the freaking Kade family, and I'm oddly optimistic about where the fifth one could start off.

I'm a little amazed at the cast as well. It has Jim from the Office, Stallone, Danny freaking DeVito, and Gilbert Godfried. If anything it will be a good sounding movie. While the last couple years seemed to tone down the ammount of animated movies out there, this year surely ramped them up.