The Problems with Modern Sesame Street

Worst problem with Sesame in the past 20 years?

• Total voters

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Maybe they wanted to do that routine for the more modern episodes. But it's still miserable why season 53 had two repeat episodes from the time before the HBO deal had come into play: #5306 (originally shown in season 45), and #5326 (originally from season 43). And on top of all that, they were tributes to two human regulars on Sesame.
That really doesn’t answer my question but okay.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Why did they have to package the 2001 hurricane story arc into one single episode (episode #4327) and then re-run Elmo's Christmas Countdown as episode #4427?

ACvillagerFan

Reaction score
Maybe they wanted to do that routine for the more modern episodes. But it's still miserable why season 53 had two repeat episodes from the time before the HBO deal had come into play: #5306 (originally shown in season 45), and #5326 (originally from season 43). And on top of all that, they were tributes to two human regulars on Sesame.
While I get the feeling of being sad when they stop repeating stories from that long, I think it makes sense to have that era be phased out at this point. It got to a point where they kind of overstayed its welcome, and there's enough stories that exist of the HBO era that it makes more sense to focus on repeating those, than episodes from before. The pre HBO era episodes are practically a decade old at this point, and the street stories from that era had a much more radically different set design than what they currently use. It was already sort of disorienting even when the half hour format first came along, but now with how much more additional changes they made to the set, the pre HBO episodes are really feeling like a whole different era.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I also have to say that this is about the time we get the season 54 trailer. Now's the time to make your FINAL predictions on what's to come.
I have some bold ones.

- They'll learn about sharing and caring
- They'll teach about the ABCs and the 123s
- There will be songs and celebrity guests