The Passion of the Christ

leliebel

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
I don't think that what Skeet was saying was that it was OK to pick on homosexuals. I took it that when a particular race or gender, etc. is picked on or shown prejudice that it is widely seen as unacceptable but yet the tone of this thread is that those of us that consider ourselves followers of Christ are totally wrong for believing in Him. Just show us Christians the same respect that you would show anybody else. We should not have to feel ashamed that we are Christians.

And I agree, it is not right for anybody to force their opinions or beliefs on anybody or to be judgemental about anybody based on what they believe or follow. We can simply share the good news with others and let them make their own personal choice.

I'm sorry I misunderstood. I'm still a little sensitive about the subject ever since I saw a documentary on fundementalist Christian who thought they could cure homosexuality I jumped to conclusions, I apolagies.

saying believe what you want to believe but you are wrong is very degrading. The problem is, people don't start with I want to show you what I believe, but with let me tell you the truth. Which is acting superior and will certainly get a rise out of people.

And once again I have nothing against your believe, it can be a very kind and helpfull way of life, I have a problem with you asumming that what I think is wrong.

beaker

Reaction score
When we are born, we have no religion. We do not hate, we only have love. We do not see race, everyone is the same. We do not have greed. We only have innocence, joy and curiosity. We are taught things.

People are only their religion because of geographics...people who are christian would be proclaiming Allah if they were born in the middle east, or talking about Judaism if they were born in Israel...Hindu or Sikh if they were born In India.

A slight problem comes from folks(of any religion) not willing to respect or learn about other religions.

Then again, if everyone was Buddhist this world would be a friendliest less war torn place^^ (even tho Im not buddhist)

Now when the heck is The Passion of The Kermit coming out, starring Pontious Eisner?

Beebers

Reaction score
Peace on earth. Goodwill to all men.

:smile:

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
happy shining people holding hands...

Beebers said:
Peace on earth. Goodwill to all men.
:smile:
Thanks me dear, this thread has had a negative tone lately. :halo:

:smile: 'it's much easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar.'

Skeet

Reaction score
Leliebel i hope that i didn't make u to saddend! I was just wondering have u ever been to america? I know i'm changing the topic a little but i was just wondering. It kind of amazes me that some places r sort of the same they have some of the fast food we have. I just never really relized that. I don't know if that is the same way where ur from. Let's drop the whole discussion of who's right or wrong it doesn't really matter anyway. :smile:

leliebel

Reaction score
Skeet said:
Leliebel i hope that i didn't make u to saddend! I was just wondering have u ever been to america? I know i'm changing the topic a little but i was just wondering. It kind of amazes me that some places r sort of the same they have some of the fast food we have. I just never really relized that. I don't know if that is the same way where ur from. Let's drop the whole discussion of who's right or wrong it doesn't really matter anyway. :smile:

No I haven't, we have burger king, pizza hut and mac donalds but that's about it I think.

*hugs to you*

:big_grin:

tomahawk

Reaction score
leliebel said:
No I haven't, we have burger king, pizza hut and mac donalds but that's about it I think.

*hugs to you*

:big_grin:
What, no Taco Bell? :big_grin:

truth66

Reaction score
The "Passion of the Christ"

First of all, the Bible is the Truth...every word. That is my belief and it's sounds like some of you believe it too. To those who don't believe that is your choice and you have every right to do so. But know this, every single person (including myself) when they die will stand before The Lord and give an account of his or her life. God will either say to you, "Well done good and faithful servant enter into the joy of your Lord" or He will say, "Depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you". For those of you who think that the Bible or Christainity is just a good scare tatic to keep people in line, you are missing the point completely. Christianity is a way of life! Jesus died on that cross on Calvary for all wretched sinnners past, present, and future. If it wasn't for Jesus' death and resurrection, Christianity wouldn't exist. Man would have no hope of eternal life. But, the Lord laid His life down and bore the full shame of sin and rose the third day. I am eternally thankful for Jesus and what He did for a filthy, rotten sinner like me! His shed blood covers all sin. Believing in Jesus as your Savior is a choice and salvation is a free gift. All someone has to do is accept the free gift and make Jesus Lord of their life. I don't make myself of any reputation, because Jesus didn't. He humbled himself and came to serve and not to be served. That is exactly what every person should do. Until you come to Christ, you are under the Law. And the Law brings condemnation. I was under the law at one time and so were many others, but now we are under God's grace! I encourage all unbelievers to turn to Christ so that you can be under grace. God's grace that is new every morning! Now please don't be upset and irriated by this post. I didn't write the Bible. If you have a problem with it, take it up with God, He's the author. Get a Bible and read it for yourself.

tomahawk

Reaction score
truth66 said:
First of all, the Bible is the Truth...every word. That is my belief and it's sounds like some of you believe it too. To those who don't believe that is your choice and you have every right to do so. But know this, every single person (including myself) when they die will stand before The Lord and give an account of his or her life. God will either say to you, "Well done good and faithful servant enter into the joy of your Lord" or He will say, "Depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you". For those of you who think that the Bible or Christainity is just a good scare tatic to keep people in line, you are missing the point completely. Christianity is a way of life! Jesus died on that cross on Calvary for all wretched sinnners past, present, and future. If it wasn't for Jesus' death and resurrection, Christianity wouldn't exist. Man would have no hope of eternal life. But, the Lord laid His life down and bore the full shame of sin and rose the third day. I am eternally thankful for Jesus and what He did for a filthy, rotten sinner like me! His shed blood covers all sin. Believing in Jesus as your Savior is a choice and salvation is a free gift. All someone has to do is accept the free gift and make Jesus Lord of their life. I don't make myself of any reputation, because Jesus didn't. He humbled himself and came to serve and not to be served. That is exactly what every person should do. Until you come to Christ, you are under the Law. And the Law brings condemnation. I was under the law at one time and so were many others, but now we are under God's grace! I encourage all unbelievers to turn to Christ so that you can be under grace. God's grace that is new every morning! Now please don't be upset and irriated by this post. I didn't write the Bible. If you have a problem with it, take it up with God, He's the author. Get a Bible and read it for yourself.
God didn't write it, men did. Get you facts and "truths" straight. I believe with this one post you have proven my point even more than I ever could have. Thank you.