The official Left Behind books thread

Gonzo

Reaction score
I picked up one of these at the liberry and couldn't really get into it. Of course my personal beliefs don't necessarily jive with those associated with The Rapture and the Glorious Appearing, so that may have had something to do with it.

I thought they were interesting, but I've been a fan of the Apocalyse for a while now.

But not "Apocalypse Now."

Not really.

:wink:

I did just finish "Alas, Babylon" which was written in 1959 and is about a nuclear war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union...I'm not sure if any of you other geezers here were as afraid of nukes as I was circa 1982, but the book was really good.

Man, I AM a freak.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:crazy:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I'm almost done reading the first Left Behind book. I am really enjoying it and want to read the other books in the series too. I like how realistic it seems and it's very different than any other book I've ever read which is cool.

Beauregard

Reaction score
After the first one I would get them out of the library and eat them down in a day then pace around waiting for the next one, boy have I got a lot of pasing to do this tiem.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Oh ok, my mom reads these. I remember her telling me about these now. Maybe she can answer my question.

Jedi Frog

Reaction score
I really enjoy the ones I have read. (first 2) When I get time I hoope to be able to complete the series.

there are movies based on the first 2 books out as well. Those are very good IMHO.

Beauregard

Reaction score
You have seen those have you? I havn't been able to get hold of a copy of tehm yet, but hope to see them one day. I don't think that Buck looks right, but the others are well captured. I never pictured Bruce as Black though.

I think that Carpathia looks just right, thoughI would hate to act him in the later books, him or Leon for that matter.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Having read all of them up to this point, I find the books fascinating. The movies, on the other hand, are really hard to get into. They skip too many parts that are in the books as well as changing some of the major premises. Bruce being black didn't really throw me for a loop. In fact, I thought it was refreshing. An interesting twist. The books are much better than the movies though.

I have to agree with Quinn though, if pre-trib and glorious appearance aren't your theology, you are going to have a hard time getting into these books because everything in them is based on these two doctrines.

I enjoyed it though.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, a reader. So who do you think died on the last page of book eleven?

And would you like to throttle Jerry B and Tim for eho they killed of in 11?

Baby Animal

Reaction score
SPOILER

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED YET!!!

Not blank space

This is still not blank space

Again, not blank space

Can you belive I didn't use blank space again?

Mwahaha

More non-dead space

Spoiler here:

Actually, I'm like my wife in that regard in that I thought that not having any of them die yet was a stretch. I think the wall-hanger will live to the end, but barely. Other than that, I look for the head smashed one and the wise guy to come back down in the glorious appearance, which should be in about.... 5 minutes. Bummer of a life though, make it all the way through until 5 minutes to go. I think Wonder Woman deserved what she got though for being SO stupid! She went well though.

*Using codenames to protect those who don't want spoilers completely.*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I think that it was stupid of all the "gnag" to go outside "safe town" before the "war." I think that "Head Smashed" died so that the authors wouldn't have to deal with the first meeting with 1 and 2 in Heavon!!! Sad about Wise Guys though. I didn't cry over Wonder Woman but I was like very surprised. Nearly cried over "the hagler." He was my favorite character.

(CODE NAMES ALSO IN PROGRESS HERE)