The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

Teheheman

Reaction score
Muppet Central: Matchmaking crazy couples since 1998ish

Daniel

travellingpat

Reaction score
So do you think the Family Guy writer who supposidly checks here will ever tell us who they are?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
heralde said:
Oh wrong sounding, that makes more sense!

::shrugs:: Obviously it was a bit of a stinging joke, sometimes Family Guy can be very harsh. But I personally won't disagree with "wrong sounding muppets" (not so much referring to voice recasts, but just in general).
oh no I agree 100% with that lol but the jim comment was a bit much...it was his choice of religion that kept him from doing what he really should with dr's not ignoring what dr.'s told him so that sort of botherd me.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
oh no I agree 100% with that lol but the jim comment was a bit much...it was his choice of religion that kept him from doing what he really should with dr's not ignoring what dr.'s told him so that sort of botherd me.

Ive heard that. And I have to admit, I was sorta well...irked. I thought he SHOULD HAVE gone to the doctor immediately. Then he would still be here with us today. If only. (sigh)

So do you think the Family Guy writer who supposidly checks here will ever tell us who they are?

...or MAYBE, the "writer" (or writers) COULD be...one of us! (Twilight Zone music)

Drtooth

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
*Fozzie being heckled by Peter at a comedy club, and then Fozzie goes on a rampage and attacks him
I was thinking they could do one where he bombs on stage and shouts the N word, ala Kramer. That seems like pushing the envelope, like most of their refferences. Kinda in poor taste, but I've got an eye for what they'd write (I really want to apply to write for that show, actually).

Here's another one... Peter eats sticks from a doozer stick building, and the Doozer says something like:

DOozer: What? What the h@#$ are you doing?

Peter: I'm hungry, and I just thought...

Doozer: I've been working on that for weeks now. So you thought you could just come up and eat it?

Peter: I thought that was the thing to do!

Doozer: Oh! You Thought! You thought! Yeah! Well, never mind that, Fat @^^! Now the strcutural integrity is shot. I'll have to start all over! Can't you stop feeding your d&&& face already?

Peter: HEY! That was uncalled for, you little... what are you anyway? Some kinda Gnome or something?

Doozer: I'll tell you what I am, ^$%^&#! I'm gonna kick your ^&%.

Peter: Jeez! Settle down.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Yeah, I think that it was the fact that they don't sound nor act like they did in the past, and that's not the fault of the actors doing it, it's mostly the writing. BUT, you can never have it like the good old days, I don't think that they meant to offend, I think that they were saying that the Muppets have lost what they once had, and that's kinda true.

Daniel
I have to agree with that. As well as Steve and Eric and all the new guys are doing, Henson was pretty much irreplacable. I did think the joke was funny though. I must be a bad boy for saying that. Lol.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I was thinking they could do one where he bombs on stage and shouts the N word, ala Kramer. That seems like pushing the envelope, like most of their refferences. Kinda in poor taste, but I've got an eye for what they'd write (I really want to apply to write for that show, actually).

Here's another one... Peter eats sticks from a doozer stick building, and the Doozer says something like:

DOozer: What? What the h@#$ are you doing?

Peter: I'm hungry, and I just thought...

Doozer: I've been working on that for weeks now. So you thought you could just come up and eat it?

Peter: I thought that was the thing to do!

Doozer: Oh! You Thought! You thought! Yeah! Well, never mind that, Fat @^^! Now the strcutural integrity is shot. I'll have to start all over! Can't you stop feeding your d&&& face already?

Peter: HEY! That was uncalled for, you little... what are you anyway? Some kinda Gnome or something?

Doozer: I'll tell you what I am, ^$%^&#! I'm gonna kick your ^&%.

Peter: Jeez! Settle down.
hahahahaahahahaha priceless!

muppet baby

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Or Lefty could make an appearance tricking Peter into buying something stupid.

Or maybe, instead of the usual opening, have an openignt hat spoofs The Muppet Show's opening (or at least have a scene somewhere ina n epsiode with all of the main Family Guy characters in rows of arches).
That would be so cool , at one point i would love to see Miss Piggy and kermit somewhere together that would be so mcuh fun ,:smile:

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
What religion was that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it wasn't that simple. It wasn't apparent right away how serious his condition was, as I understand it. It seemed like just a really bad cold. A lot of people wouldn't go to the doctor right away for that. (Not that I want to start a debate :smile: ).