The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

muppet maniac

Reaction score
As requested by someone in the "Another Muppet Reference on Family Guy" thread, here it is, as he suggested...

We all know that Family Guy has featured many Muppet/Sesame references and "parodied" incarnations of well-known characters. So far the characters who have appeared are Kermit, Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, The Count, Cookie, Bunsen, Statler and Waldorf(Beaker was spoofed and Piggy was seen as a stuffed doll in another ep). So now let's start to make bets on who will appear in upcoming episodes of Family Guy. . SS, TMS, FR..and so on.

I will start:

*SESAME STREET: Oscar the Grouch
*THE MUPPET SHOW: The Swedish Chef
*Possibly another Fraggle Rock reference/spoof
*Muppet Babies(?)
*Any more more Muppet movie refs?(TMTM?)

...your turn. :smile: :grouchy: :smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Let's see, I would love to see a Fozzie reference, and maybe a Fraggle reference where Peter is a Gorg. That would be freakin sweet.

Daniel

wiley207

Reaction score
I'd love to see the show do a parody of Sesame Street News. After Peter introduces the flashback (he could say something like "this is even better than that Sesame Street News report!") it would cut to the NEWS FLASH title card we all know with its theme music (and maybe Jerry Nelson could do the announcer voice!) and then Kermit the Frog in his reporter outfit (voiced by Frank Welker, or even better, Steve Whitmire!) would report on something, maybe even relating to the episode! This parody would only last 45 to 60 seconds. Maybe he could report that the Three Bears (including Baby Bear) killed Goldilocks, or something like that, or the Big Bad Wolf has eaten Little Red Riding Hood (it would probably be a generic-looking wolf and not the Sesame Street wolf puppets they used).

Or maybe they could feature a scene with the Great Gonzo trying to perform a crazy stunt. That would be sweet! I'd also love to see Fozzie Bear on the show. If their regular voice actors (Seth MacFarlene, etc.) can't do the voice well, they could hire Greg Berg ( Baby Fozzie).

Another skit I'd like to see is Grover killing Elmo, because Elmo destroyed Grover's reputation as being the cute, furry educational and most-used monster (with Eric Jacobson or Frank Oz voicing Grover)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm going to put money on the idea that there will be a Fraggle Rock mention or appearance somewhere within one of the next three episodes. :excited:

Teheheman

Reaction score
OR better yet, they can have Kermit as a special reporter on Channel 6 news or where there's an anchor strike and Tom Tucker says "Who are they gonna get to replace me?" and they'll have Animal and the Count on and Animal will say "BIG CRASH ON HIGHWAY TODAY!!" and the Count would say, there were 1 car, 2 cars, 3 cars, 4 cars. then it fades into 58 cars, 59 cars 60 cars involved. Ha ha ha. or they can go with the story while that's going on, and when the Count is done, Animal will bite him or start attacking.

Daniel

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
I'm pretty sure they have if they watched a lot of 80's TV like it looks like they do, then yes, I think they have. They should have it where Lois says something about planting a garden, and when they do, they put up a Fraggle-crow. Like a Gorg, and Peter says "This'll keep those pesky Fraggles away from our radishes" and he chases a couple away. Either that or he says that he needs advice on something and he goes to the backyard and sees the trash heap there, looking into a magic 8-ball. I'll come up with others, trust me.

Daniel
I'm loving the fraggle rock idea I'm for peter the gorg and a trash heap joke all the way!! man I love Family guy so much best show in years!

Teheheman

Reaction score
Kuriboh Man said:
They Should have a Parody Version of Animal in Rehab. That would be Funny!
They already did a thing on Cookie Monster in rehab, and I thought that was fricken hilarious. Especially when he was free-basing cookie dough in the bathroom later in the episode.

Daniel

muppet maniac

Reaction score
More classic SS bits refs? like the one where a girl goes to buy "a loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter"

But really I would like to see the entire (classic) SS gang together-including Oscar, Grover and Snuffy(all who have not appeared yet, and they should)

*Miss Piggy? I know they already had her as a prop

*Rowlf? Scooter? Newsman maybe? You could also have Peter saying that he used to be part of the Electric Mayhem as the drummer. Think about that. :halo:

But the ones Ive got pictured in my head right now are these: 1) Oscar as a homeless guy...and 2)maybe another Kermit appearance(BTW, I looked at the official FG website and the calendar said that the rest of the new season wont start until 2007. So yeah more waiting)...