The "Next Muppet on Family Guy" thread

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Fraggle I-raq.....I started laughing so hard when I heard it. XD And then Ernie and Bert, pretty awesome. They got the character look down pat for it too. Won't say how they were portrayed in American Dad though. :wink:

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, Fraggle I-Raq. That's good. I think you're right, I think that they go on these message boards. Ya never know, I have seen more than one Electric Company reference on there. I can't remember where though, I think it was in the episode where Peter starts the church of the Fonz and they had Stewie as a pinball counting to 12. I could be wrong.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard about this from a friend who heard the joke on the radio (promo for the episode).

Personally, I would have loved to have seen it go down like this..

Brain: Where getting sent to Iraq?!?

Stewie: (annoyed) Who wants to bet we're going to wind up in Fraggle Rock?

Then of course, there'd be the President talking about how the Doozers are building weopon s of mass distruction, or something.

Besides that, I always found it peculair. Every time Family Guy isn't really funny, American Dad is.

Even though it was the same tired "Ernie and Bert are gay" joke, it still was hillarious. That was overall a great episode. Family Guy was good, but I think, like most episodes, it Petered out (no pun intended) in the 3rd act.

But the thing about Mickey Rooney going nuts and shouting at mice with his shirt off, and stealing people's scabs was great. And That Gregory peck thing was funny too.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I got some more ideas:

*Peter is a contestant on Guy Smiley's game show

*Yip-Yips appear

*Peter looks at what he thinks is a map of where his "enemies" are, but it turns out that it's a page from a Sesame Street coloring book, with some activity where you have to help Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie and The Count find their way to their homes.

*Stewie sticks his head into a mousehole and sees the Fraggles, who remark "What is that strange hideous thing?"

...or maybe do a scene referencing to Labyrinth?

Teheheman

Reaction score
OR, they can do something where Peter says "This is almost as bad as when I was an inventor" and then they show him as the old guy from Fraggle Rock and Brian as Sprocket. Then you see Brian catch Gobo or something like that.

Daniel

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
They should do the Drark Crystal.

Someone can make a reference to how a bad situation reminds them of when they were on the DC planet. Cut to a scene where Peter is one of the Podlings and the Slave Master is trying to to suck out his lifeforce, but Peter keeps farting instead.

Or Peter can take the place of Jen when they are being cornered by the spider drones. Kira grabs onto Peter to save them, but he tries to look up her gown instead.

Then there are many sexual inneudos that can be done with the Dark Crystal and the shard.

BEAR

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Fraggle I-raq.....I started laughing so hard when I heard it. XD And then Ernie and Bert, pretty awesome. They got the character look down pat for it too. Won't say how they were portrayed in American Dad though. :wink:

What's so "awesome" about it?

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember a forum was writing their own Family Guy clips and I wrote a few of my own. Here's one I wrote.

The Griffins are in New York and Lois ends up losing her cell phone. Peter calls out to Lois from inside a phone booth.

"Hey, don't worry, Lois", calls out Peter, "Look, here's an empty telephone booth."

All these furry monsters charge up and shout, "AN EMPTY TELEPHONE BOOTH!", and they cram into the booth with Peter. Then the monsters run out of the booth screaming while covering their eyes. And it shows Peter with a can of mace.

"Crazy college monsters", laughed Peter.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...have the rest of the new eps started airing yet? I've not heard one word of a new Muppet reference from that here lately.

wiley207

Reaction score
I think they should do something that shows a Life Skills class in the James Woods High School, and one of the special-needs students is ANIMAL! My brother joked that Animal probably was in Life Skills class when he went to school.