The New Movie: The Muppets

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally at least in my neck of the woods no tweens care about muppets everything is twilight
Off topic, but Twilight completely ruined vampires. I hear old Dracula is having a meeting with his Public Relations staff and planning to spend millions of dollars for damage control over that book series. Saying they sparkle in the sunlight hurts like a wooden stake to the heart.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Off topic, but Twilight completely ruined vampires. I hear old Dracula is having a meeting with his Public Relations staff and planning to spend millions of dollars for damage control over that book series. Saying they sparkle in the sunlight hurts like a wooden stake to the heart.
I find both Twilight and Tru Blood to be self-indulgent soap operas starring very pretty, very boring people in a plot where nothing that interesting really happens. But nobody ruined vampires. The vampire persona has been around for centuries and exploited countless different ways and will be in the future. You know, 10 years in the future they’ll probably remake it all with new actors and it will be broadcast in 3D by swallowing capsules that let you experience it first hand…while in your flying car. Hehe. Anyway, I do watch both of those series, but knowing that it really is a guilty pleasure not to be taken too seriously. And, yes, I do have one action figure from the series just because it's so darn kitschy!

I do hope they approch one of the Twilight actors to be in the Muppet film for a cameo. It'll get more butts in theater seats and how funny the cameo is rests a great deal the writers. Even if it is cringe-worthy, nothing will ever beat Clifford's, "I'm your homie made of foamy." line in Muppets Tonight except possibly Kermit's, "Way to get down with your bad selves." line in Muppets From Space. Toss a few cameos at different demographics and get them all to show up to appreciate the Muppety goodness they don't yet know about. :smile:

Mupp

Reaction score
Personally at least in my neck of the woods no tweens care about muppets everything is twilight
That makes sense. Though I'm sure that there a some tweens who don't like Twilight and/or do like the Muppets.

I personally do not like Twilight, of course, I'm not a tween. Still, I get the feeling that the only reason tweens like those movies is because they are filled with good-looking people. From what I have heard, the story lines are nothing to write home about.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Actually, it seems that the "Twihards" have gone extinct by now. Most of them are either "Sure, I'll go see the new movie, but don't expect me to be as excited as seeing the first one" (like me) or become a hater of the series.

Either way, it's been years since the last book was published, but the Harry Potter fandom is still going strong. :smile:

Saying they sparkle in the sunlight hurts like a wooden stake to the heart.
Although, just for the record, Dracula didn't sparkle, but he could go out inb the sunlight.

(And besides, sparkling would have made him less believable as a "monster" instead of a "immortal heartthrob that all teenage girls want")

I do hope they approch one of the Twilight actors to be in the Muppet film for a cameo.
Not sure about one of them making a cameo, but I would really like to see Robert Pattinson and/or Kristin Stewart appear in a Sesame Street segment with Count von Count, LOL. :batty: Also, it would be funny to see a parody poster of the movie, or at least, other than one made by using a website to put pictures of Beaker and Janice in place of the actors' faces. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I find both Twilight and Tru Blood to be self-indulgent soap operas starring very pretty, very boring people in a plot where nothing that interesting really happens. But nobody ruined vampires. The vampire persona has been around for centuries and exploited countless different ways and will be in the future. You know, 10 years in the future they’ll probably remake it all with new actors and it will be broadcast in 3D by swallowing capsules that let you experience it first hand…while in your flying car. Hehe. Anyway, I do watch both of those series, but knowing that it really is a guilty pleasure not to be taken too seriously. And, yes, I do have one action figure from the series just because it's so darn kitschy!
I could really say what i want to say about Twilight, considering the writer and her background (the term repressed fantasies is all I'm gonna say), I just don't like this whole vampires = vapid pretty boys with even more vapid girls. Not so much Twilight, but it's the industry wide standard. I go to a T.J. Maxx or something and find like hundreds of twilight wanna be novels falling off the shelves, and every day it seems like another sexy vampire show premiers.

I dunno... Maybe it's because I'm a bigger fan of the wacky vampire and their original horror movie camp sense. You know, the bad Bela Lugosi accents that stand as a testament to the fact that Dracula kinda ruined his career, forcing him to be typecast as a monster. I'd rather watch Count Duckula or Groovie Ghoulies than TruBlood (I'd rather watch Count Duckula over just about anything, actually). Seems like monsters have all been gobbled up by one faction of this generation. The gamers totally ruined zombies for me too. And Dreamworks STILL won't release Toonsylvania to DVD.

I do hope they approch one of the Twilight actors to be in the Muppet film for a cameo. It'll get more butts in theater seats and how funny the cameo is rests a great deal the writers. Even if it is cringe-worthy, nothing will ever beat Clifford's, "I'm your homie made of foamy." line in Muppets Tonight except possibly Kermit's, "Way to get down with your bad selves." line in Muppets From Space. Toss a few cameos at different demographics and get them all to show up to appreciate the Muppety goodness they don't yet know about. :smile:

Segal and Stoller have too many famous friends to need to beg others for cameos. Sure, they might have to really convince Charles Grodin to get a pick up shot if they want him in the movie at all, which sounds unlikely at this point... but don't forget, they have the highly popular stars of their highly popular films they can ask. Jonah Hill, Mila Kunis, that dude that played Aldis Snow (imagine if they got him to have a cameo in that character!) They wouldn't need some stunts like that in the film.

Plus, if they market the Muppet Movies as who stars as cameos in the film, it's just as bad as that "Best of Elmo 2" DVD that has the desperate move of only using celebrity guests as segments. The cameos are above all supposed to be surprises. I never liked that trailer for the VHS that basically said "Look who's here with the Muppets." I'm seeing the movie FOR the Muppets... if I wanna see any celebrities, I can always see their movies. it's not every day we get a Muppet movie after all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Muppet Shows advertised guest stars as the reason to watch each week, but I didn't say they should beg stars or market them as the reason to go. I don't think that cameos should be the reason to go to a movie, but a few key inclusions woven into a killer preview will encourage people of all sorts to go. The Muppets should just do what they always do and try to connect with all people, not just the ones that share my personal taste.

I did hear that the Twilight author admitted to creating the series as a mormon allegory, but all the shirtless stars in the movies contradict that along with the fact that followers of that particular religion traditionally wear long undergarments to cover up much more than what's seen in the films. :wink: I just take it all as camp.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
What? More discrimination? :mad:

There ARE at least some tweens out there who do love the Muppets, so please be courteous, respectful and think before you talk.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
So, does anyone know if this has been fully cast? I'm confused becuase I thought I read somewhere that there were going to be more auditions in August, but they had that table reading a while ago, which would imply that it's been cast. Did I read something wrong or am I implying something wrong?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So, does anyone know if this has been fully cast? I'm confused becuase I thought I read somewhere that there were going to be more auditions in August, but they had that table reading a while ago, which would imply that it's been cast. Did I read something wrong or am I implying something wrong?
The basic cast of Segel and the Muppets is in place, but cameos tend to be a different matter and can sometimes happen spontaneously. Since this is being shot in LA I think a lot of stars will be available and who wouldn't like to be in a Muppet movie?

The question I have is if this film is centered on the Muppets saving their theater will it take place in NY with backlots standing in for the Big Apple, or will they change the location of the theater to California?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I hope they don't move the theater to California. I'm sure it's a nice place and all, but ... what is the point of having a story of protecting the theater in a particular place in NY so it can't be bulldozed if you're just going to throw that all away and argue that magically the Muppets have a big presence in California, when most of the "Muppet" Muppets have lived in NY for forever?