1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" debut at Number 1 in DVD sales

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I've never seen a Disney Movie on RedBox or Netflix, I don't think it's even gonna get there. For some reason Disney NEVER puts their stuff on these kinds of things and their movies always stays on the shelfs, they never end up in the $5 section
  2. Cindy Moderator

Muppets is at Redbox, as well as lots of other Disney movies.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's studio meddling. There's a LOT of insane politicking behind that. I actually think I heard Disney pulled stuff from Netflix, I'm guessing because they didn't accept an offer that's way too generous to begin with.

Still, you'd think with such a warm reception of the DVD release, Disney would have at least created some more merchandise to co-incide with them. It's such a waste that they don't have Muppet Bean bag plushes yet, and I keep seeing unsold "that porcupine from Toy Story 3" just sitting there, unwanted.

On a plus side, they did restock the movie released plush toys.
  4. Alvin Active Member

I think that's just because of Disney being such a prestige company. They don't want to get involved into the politics of Netflix and Redbox...They wouldn't make any money off it anyway, unless they would pay royalties to Disney. Not sure how all that works, but that would be my guess.
  5. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

WOW, I'm surpirsed. The other Muppet movies are owned by Sony.
  6. Avilos Member

Sony only has home video distribution rights to Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppets from Space, and Kermit's Swamp Years.

But I doubt they own the actual movies. Whenever the deal with Sony expires, which predates the sale to Disney, those rights will be returned to The Jim Henson Company. Which will fall under the Disney deal, so than Disney will have the complete rights.

Anyone know more about. This is speculation based on similar situations. But Sony only released the second two films I listed. But owned by the Hensons right? Of course Sony had nothing to do with the actual production of Muppets Take Manhattan.... EDIT or am I wrong on that part.... Tri-Star did release the film originally, Tri-Star is owned by Sony now. I always assumed Jim owned his own films even if distrusted by studios. How does Disney have the rights to the first two films, and not those studios???
  7. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I've often wondered that myself.
  8. DarthGonzo Member

I'm pretty sure MTM and MFS are wholly owned by Sony, guys. And probably always will be.
  9. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Disney seems to be okay streaming disney channel material on Net Flix..Phineas and ferb is surprisingly up to date (episodes premiere less than a month after they air sometimes). The Disney movies like Toy Story 3 and Tangled that were on NetFlix were through Starz which has ended their contract with Net Flix so it was third party kind of. Anyways I can see the logic of Disney wanting their shows on Net Flix as most of them never get released as full seasons and Disney also realizes that they make a lot of money off of merchandising an their a quite a few housholds like mine that do not get cable because Net Flix is cheaper. Stillnot expecting to see Muppets or any other major disney movie streaming on there anytime soon. They did have Muppets from space once upon a time though.
  10. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

They've got loads of Muppet stuff on NetFlix. The main items I see missing are MCC and any Muppets Chrismas specials. They even have Henson's Place for rent! Disney's doing the Muppets proud.
  11. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I was just talking about the streaming... though now that I think about it they do have quite a bit there too..just not the Muppets as owned by disney. I love watching Fraggle Rock on Netflix with the kids and we saw dog city (though I think that is down now). The last few years of Sesame street are there as well.
    jvcarroll likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I just ordered It's a Very Muppet Christmas on Amazon as I've never seen it. :o
    jvcarroll likes this.
  13. heralde Well-Known Member

Sadly I have, heh. ;)
  14. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I wasn't into The Muppets during that time I sort of had grown out of them. I was sadly and shamefully one of those fans who had forgotten about them but that's not gonna happen anymore. I have only seen clips of it on Youtube.
  15. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

It's not as cheery as the rest of their projects, but it does bring back a lot of wonderful nostalgic moments. The plot is very similar to last year's movie. Even though "The Muppets" had its somber moments, it was much better than the "Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" attempt. Still, I liked it a lot!! I also think it's the last time we hear Jerry Nelson's Robin. That alone makes it a must see for any fan. :)
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know it's basically a parody of It's a Wonderful Life. Lol! I saw a few clips online I saw where Kermit has a mental break down about never being born and I saw the clip of Gonzo and him singing "Everyone Matters." Yes I cried so I'll have the tissues on stand by. LOL!
    jvcarroll likes this.
  17. zoebell Active Member

i'm not a huge fan of VMX myself. i think it's just ok. not as bad as Wizard of Oz, but not that good either
    heralde likes this.
  18. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Now the Wizard of Oz one I did not care for!
  19. Avilos Member

I just got Wizard of Oz from my library. I have never seen it because of all the bad things I have heard about it. I must of passed on the first airing because it looked like a bad idea.

YET I am going to check it out due to morbid curiosity!
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  20. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.