The Muppet Mindset

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, I see what they're talking about with Oscar's lid hat. I actually tried drawing Oscar the other way here... and there's just something odd about how it looked until I colored it it. It looks good enough... but something is still quite off about it, even though it IS show more accurate. Though, I still don't like drawing the lid hat... tried it before, didn't bother posting it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ryan, I think you said recently that you might be able to get Dave Goelz to do an interview on themuppetmindset. If you do, I'd like to see some discussion on Digit (such as if Dave Goelz knows why he wasn't used much after The Jim Henson Hour ended), as well as maybe what it was like for him to take over as Waldorf. It seems like it's rare for anybody from the company to discuss what it was like recasting Statler and Waldorf. The only times I know of were when Steve Whitmire was interviewed for Tough Pigs, and in the Muppet Central interview with Jerry Nelson he acknowledged that he performed Statler, though I think he spoke more about originating the character than taking over from Richard Hunt.

But when it comes to Statler and Waldorf being recast in 1992, it seems like it's never discussed by the performers or crew as to why they were recast so soon after their original performers deaths while it took years for more major characters like Rowlf and Scooter to be recast, or if the performers felt they had trouble taking over at first, or really anything.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What kind of fude are you and the guys over in tough pigs getting into Ryan? If ya don't want to post it on here send me a pm.