1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Mindset

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by theprawncracker, Aug 26, 2009.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

In response to the apparent difficulty uploading articles to the main site here at MC, I've started my own blog: The Muppet Mindset. It's run by me, it will feature product and appearance reviews, opinion articles, interviews, news, and more!

Note: This is NOT an attempted coup to overthrow Muppet Central or The Muppet Newsflash by any means (I know I'll still get all of my Muppet info from Greg at the Newsflash). This is just me throwing my hat into the blogosphere ring, hoping to get into the game and provide a missing piece to the Muppet community. :D

Follow The Muppet Mindset on Twitter!
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Ooh, I like the green! Nice banner photo too.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  3. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I posted in the other thread too - but this is awesome Mr. Prawn! Way to take initiative! Let me know if you need any more help with editing or anything. Yay!
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Wow-a-roonie! If you need images for things, let me know, h'okay?
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

This blog looks utterly great! The sort of thing I'd have made if I had the time and patience...which I don't...*shifty eyes*...Can't wait for the content to start reeling off! I love it!
  6. theprawncracker

Thanks for all the support, gang! :D The first actual post has been posted! A long-overdue review of the book Jim Henson's Doodle Dreams. Go check it out!

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/
  7. Beauregard

Ha! Love it. Also...am I the only one who didn't even realise Jim Lewis had written that thing until JUST now?
  8. You did a great job Ryan! And hey, the more blogs in the Mupposphere the better in my opinion! Good topic for your first post too, I love that book.
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Great site, Ry! Very nice on the graphics.
  10. theprawncracker

11. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

12. theprawncracker

Nice blog, Bob! Commented on it. Glad to have your support! :D

Thought I'd pop in and give you guys a preview of some things to come from The Muppet Mindset. Here's a short list of some planned posts:
    • Reviews of The Muppet Show Comic Book
    • Reviews of Muppet Robin Hood
    • Review of Kermit Culture book
    • Review of various Sesame Street DVDs
    • Weekly Muppet focuses
    • Miss Piggy at Macy's Glamorama
    • Review of Street Gang book
    • Review of Tonner Miss Piggy doll
    • Retrospective of The Jim Henson Hour
    • Muppet Central Fan-Fiction Articles
    • Reviews of Sesame Street Seasons 38 and 39
    • EXCLUSIVE interview with Muppet writer Jim Lewis
    • Top Secret Article Series by MC's Jamie (frogboy4)
    • And much, much more!
    Currently, I'm planning to update once a day. We'll see if I can keep it up. Thanks for everything, everyone! :excited:
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is so exctiting! I hope to be seeing this blog for a long time to come so I hope you pace yourself. Any current content is much more than we've been seeing for a while. I love the Fozzie hat ratings! :o
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

Of course! If anyone here ever gets the chance, I'd like some feedback on my 5-part The Rise and Fall of Puppetry Club series. Really personal stuff for me, I'd like hear some reactions.

And Ryan, is there any other stuff you need reviewed? I'll try to cover it if you want. I know I have an unfinished Muppet Robin Hood review I could finish up and send to you or I could review the Letters to Santa DVD, etc.
  15. theprawncracker

Muppt Fasion Frenzy Article featuring pictures and links! Finally, Piggy gets some love from the fan community about her recent fashion exploits! (Article information gathered by Beauregard.)
  16. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Well, if it's too much trouble to have a review without little icons, just say my FR boxset review is 4.5 out of 5. Maybe that will calm some nerves, LOL.

I don't feel comfortable rating the fanfics, though. For me, there's not enough commonality in them to trust any kind of objective (or seemingly objective) rating.
  17. theprawncracker

Just a quick update. A new logo/banner image has been put up. Designed completely by our own Jamie/frogboy4. :D Thanks a million, Jamie!
  18. BobThePizzaBoy

It might just be me, but the site still looks the same on my computer.
  19. Beauregard

Keep looking. Keep looking.
  20. theprawncracker

It's a very distinct change, mostly in the site name. ;)