The Muppet Mindset

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Erherm... The recent rant against the sub for Kermit on America's Got Talent may have been posted at the Mindset... But I'd like to state fright now that such rants won't be tolerated here at MC, as they are a violation of forum rules, as they directly attack the work of a fellow forum member. Dissenting opinions are permissible, just don't let it go so far as some of the posts have already demonstrated.

Thank you for understanding.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Erherm... The recent rant against the sub for Kermit on America's Got Talent may have been posted at the Mindset... But I'd like to state fright now that such rants won't be tolerated here at MC, as they are a violation of forum rules, as they directly attack the work of a fellow forum member. Dissenting opinions are permissible, just don't let it go so far as some of the posts have already demonstrated.

Thank you for understanding.
Really? Maybe I missed something but this seems to be an overreaction. What's next? Is the burn the wig thread going to vanish due to attacking the Pig's stylist? The locked portions of this site have become increasingly excessive. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Sigh... Trust me, it had to be done. If dissenting opinion can be expressed without an outright attack on another member, then that can stay and the thread can continue. We don't like closing threads, but it's a necessary action sometimes.

:smile:: Sheesh.
*Leaves muffins.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*Sigh... Trust me, it had to be done. If dissenting opinion can be expressed without an outright attack on another member, then that can stay and the thread can continue. We don't like closing threads, but it's a necessary action sometimes.

:smile:: Sheesh.
*Leaves muffins.
From 8 am on I saw nothing that violated policy yet, but maybe that was edited out before I read it. I usually support the reasons, but it has become excessive.

Was Kermit's sub ever confirmed as a forum member?

If so, did those writing lack-luster reviews know?

When a member actually becomes a performer shouldn't that put them in a different category?

Are we still permitted to review performances here without sugar coating?

I really must have missed something here. Glad I don't moderate anymore. Maybe these questions can be answered on The Muppet Mindset, but then why would people come here?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Honestly...I can't help but be a little annoyed by the fact that the performer also happens to perhaps be a member here at MC (unconfirmed at this stage) this means we cannot share our honest opinions on the performance, and yet in other threads people get away with calling Miley Cyrus a "whore" and saying they "want a Piggy from TMS or TMM, not with ****** short hair, whats next?" Just because Cyrus and Miss Piggy's Stylist are not on MC, these opinions are allowed to stand. But because Alternate-Kermit is apparently a member, we now cannot even discuss the performance on any level?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks to Jamie and Beau for their immense support. Thanks to Ed for following the rules as he should. You guys are great! I just wish this place wasn't so unbelievably restricting.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I have to concur - once a forum member makes the jump from one side to the tv screen to another and becomes an official part of the team that we're all here to honor/discuss, then critiques of their work are valid. Jerry Nelson and Karen Prell have also been active members here and several others Muppet/Henson creative crew have been more silent participants. Does that mean if any of these people give a sub-standard performance that we can't say so? When a performer (or writer, designer, director or any member of the creative team) is drawing a paycheck for their work, they are considered a professional and are subject to commentary.

Sorry but if honest critique - the good the bad and the ugly aren't allowed, then we may as well all say about every Muppet performance:

(in dull monotone robotic voice): I loved it. It was just wonderful. It was better than "Cats".