The Mouse is Wooing Miss Piggy

Disney Corner

Reaction score
So, do you think there is any hope of Disney building the Muppet Movie Ride if they do buy the Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels
To me the symbol of the Saturday AM downfall was the Must need Morphine to 'Preciate Rangers. That pushed the Animaniacs out, although they were part of a strong WB lineup for a while (Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Earthworm Jim)
I agree with you right there! I dispise those mighty Toyetic money rangers (which Saban took all the credit for, and all he did was buy stock footage of an old 1970's Japanese show!) And Animaniacs wasn't the only show it bumped. Fox had a great line up until recently. When they cancelled the Ripping Friends (created by John K.) I stopped watching. In fact, they blew off their entire Weekday line up, forcing double shows of Power Rangers the Billionth series and Digimon. I discussed this on another site, but I was shot down by some 50 year old ranger fan :confused: :confused: :confused:

I also agree that CBS's crummy Nick Jr. reruns have killed the network (though it's educational cartoons were majorly lack luster, and The Weird Al show was the last great show they had!) It's that stupid ruling that you must have a certain amount of eductional dreck shows per week, and Saturday is when they cash it all in making corny shows. That killed saturday, as well. (Ditto on the TeenNBC drivel!)

But, I must argue about a few things. I do agree with you that Timon and Pumbaa was the last great Disney show. After Darkwing, the shows kinda yo-yoed in quality. Goof Troop was funny (though hardly Ducktales) and Bonkers had its moments (until Lucky was replaced by the non-personality Miranda Wright). Though, I do think that Teacher's Pet is pretty good! I find it very funny, and I like Nathan Lane and Jerry Stiller. I also like the Illustrator that designed the show, Gary Baseman.

Another point is that, though the 80's cartoons were probably great (depending on who you talk to), most of them were just toy commercials in disguise (a pretty flimsy desgusie in some cases). Transformers and Care Bears spring to mind. Even if you happen to be a fan, these shows paved the way for Pokemon, Digimon, and (uck!!!) new Transformers. I preferr the cartoons of the 60's early 70's. You know, Flintstones, Pink Panther, Fat Albert (etc) before they became kids, or babies. I strongly believe that cartoons should be made by cartoonists, and not toy companies! But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them (goodness knows, I love Super Mario Super Show!)

But I just want to say, that I couldn't care less about toon Disney's line up. The disney channel has got my goat. I hope after the purchase, they air the Muppet show, Fraggle Rock, or anything muppet in the Boy Meets World/ SmartGuy hour time slot. Come to think of it, air anything in that slot! Even dead air, or an infomercial. Just get rid of those WB and TGIF sitcoms.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Dr Tooth

and Bonkers had its moments (until Lucky was replaced by the non-personality Miranda Wright).

Speeking of Bonkers, did you know that the Miranda Wright ep's were made before th Lucky ones? That's why they are both shown in the opening theme song. they decided to change it and the edited the last lucky show with lucky and his family along with the other characters such as fallapart rabbit and Toots to leave with lucky.Then Mairanda would take over, but it was really the other way around. The lucky eps were much better. Bonkers started on the Raw Toonage show with regular cartooney shows along with marsupalmi(sp)

Zack)Rowlf the, Once apon a time in toon town, Dog.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You're right. I watched the series a lot in my youth, and though the Miranda ep's were made before, they were aired later. I remember the episode was made in which Lucky gets a new job offering and leaves. Miranda took his place. It's one of those "grand scheme of things" type of deals. Possibly to hook viewers in, and they didn't want to throw out the Miranda ep's. (the one where they go to Japan was the only good Miranda episode, though!)

But since you're interrested in Talespin, here's some news...

I went into a Disney store to look at the Lilo & Stitch Toys (I saw the movie and loved it, and had to to go in. I never usually walk into one of their locations). I saw a big display of pins. They had some of the old (and a couple new) cartoons. They had Timon & Pumbaa (hard to tell if it's the cartoon series, it could work for the movie, too) Pepper Ann, Mighty ducks (I know you don't like the last two, i'm just making a list) Bonkers, something else I can't remembr, and Talespin. I spent five minutes going through to find Ducktales or Darkwing Duck, but to no avail! Maybe at another location. If you want to know, the pins are about 5 bucks.

radionate

Reaction score
Drtooth,

What were the pins for? Certainly they weren't for the 100th anniversary of Disney collection were they? Or were they just some Disney Afternoon pins?

Drtooth

Reaction score
radionate, I think your latter assumption is right! Maybe they are just a bunch of Disney afternoon pins. "bout time they give them something, huh? I waited like an idiot for them to release Darkwing bean Bags. I wonder if they have a marsupilami pin, though they probably don't. You see, Marsupilami was a comic book in Belgium long, long before Disney made it an American cartoon show. In fact, I think there's a website on the comic.

www.marsupilami.com

It's amazing what you can find when you should be doing something for school...heh heh heh!

radionate

Reaction score
There is nothing more that I treasure then my Marsupilami stuff that disney came out with. Some of the most fun toys I had gotten in years.

Foreignman

Reaction score
So, do you think there is any hope of Disney building the Muppet Movie Ride if they do buy the Muppets?
-Disney Corner
I wish, I wish, I wish... however, I fear, realistically that's all this will ever be, just a wish. Creating an amazing (expensive) ride like this, just isn't Disney's thing anymore. They create cheap rides that will get them quick cash, and this is what's going to kill them, not now, but eventually. With the Disney that we have right now I think it's more realistic that we'll get the Flying Muppet Ride (the next in Disney's epic series of whirly-gig Flying-Dumbo-emulations, then anything else. I hope so badly I'm dead wrong...

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as they don't go ahead and build that "Put you inside a box with a poorly drawn Kermit face on it and push you ndown the stairs ride!"

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
As long as they don't go ahead and build that "Put you inside a box with a poorly drawn Kermit face on it and push you ndown the stairs ride!"
Hey, I happen to like the "Put you inside a box with a poorly drawn Kermit face on it and push you down the stairs ride!", it's among my favorites that they may build, along with the add-on to the Tower of Terror, the "Put you inside a barell with a creudly painted Fozzie on it, and then hurl you from the top of the Hollywood Tower of Terror"