The most tear-jerking Muppet moment...

TSSD

Reaction score
I just watched it to check, Gonzo's Hobbit is right, there's no shot of him before he walks in the door, the only shot of the crutch is at the end of that scene, with his hat on the empty chair.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I just watched it to check, Gonzo's Hobbit is right, there's no shot of him before he walks in the door, the only shot of the crutch is at the end of that scene, with his hat on the empty chair.
Then it's just that scene then. It always get's me.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yea that whole things is tear-jerking. One part that always gets me if nothing else is when Bob's giving the speach about meeting and partings andhis voice cracks.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Yea that whole things is tear-jerking. One part that always gets me if nothing else is when Bob's giving the speach about meeting and partings andhis voice cracks.
Because you can tell it's not just a Muppet speaking there.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
See Mickey doesn't get me but Kermit does. *Shrugs*
Okay. You win. Its like, they draw mickey and them it´s easy to make it emotional, but Kermit is in fact ´just a puppet´, and it´s harder to make them looking sad. I know sure that during the part where Piggy has to sob, her puppeteer sure had to think to Jim Henson.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Oh toats. :'( It's like if I'M out here in the audience and thinking about that. You know they MUST have been.

markit

Reaction score
Without a doubt, the Jim Henson Tribute, when Fozzy's reading the fan letter and says 'i'm sorry to hear your friend Jim Henson died'..gets me every time!!

As for in the movies, possibly Muppet Christmas carol, Kermit coming back from Tiny Tims grave, but the Muppets have a way of bringing out so many emotions, joy, laughter, and just like that..tears, and to be able to convey that emotion through puppetry..Wow..what an art!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hiya markit, welcome.

Everyone keeps talking about the Jim Henson Tribut in this thread (which is understandable) But I'm not sure I ever want to watch it :stick_out_tongue:

Yea that's one of the things I like about the Muppets and puppetry in general, you really get to work with and see all the different components that go into creating an expression. It's not just about the face.

markit

Reaction score
Hey Gonzo's Hobbit, thanks for the welcome :smile: Great to be here :smile: The Jim Henson tribute is certainly an emotional watch, but it's done so brilliantly, I think it's a must see, it certainly breaks the 4th wall in places in one of the funniest scenes where the Muppets look below them, hope i've not given too much away if you ever do plan to watch it, i'm sure it's all been written about on here many times anyway.

Where's that quote from in your reply ? 'kermit the Frog here singing "Hi Ho Lelluiah"

Is that the Chris Rice song 'Cartoons' ? I love that song :smile: Only heard a live version tho'