The MARVELOUS Muppets: Hulk-O-Vision

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*Is literally screaming now* OH MY GOD!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

This is SO SO exhilarting!!!!

Please post more, please, please, please!!!!!

[edit'd]

....Oh my goodness...this is SO wonderful!! I'm going to try to attempt drawing the Hulkized Scooter Grosse. Yeah, the two of them have some of their mother's anger as well. Good way to show it....this is just....SO awesome!!!

Very, very great job MW! I wonder what Sadie is going to do? And are we going to see Scooter's Dad perhaps!?!?

I just can't wait for more story!!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...sorry to second post, but this might get lost in the first one.

MuppetWriter said:
In the middle of the room was an seven-foot tall, orange, scaly monster with dark orange hair, sharp red claws that were at least two feet long, and a section of his abdomen that was made out of glass and showed its glowing green liver. It had razor sharp teeth and eyes that glowed in a greenish color.
That really struck me as a "WOW" moment. I was squealing when I read that. I could just see it....gotta ask, I guess Scooter has lost his glasses during this transformation?

A quirk: Why did you chose a glass abdomen? It's really interesting to me. I guess because his stomach is still so delicate with all the opening and closing and stuff like that.

The red claws.....goodness. He looks SUPER intimateding! Like, he could just RIP though anything he sets his hands on.

Now I've seen ossocianlly on the TV show Hulk, that he sometimes became gentle? Or is that some other thing I've seen?? I'm not sure about that. Don't know why, but this scene just popped into my head:

Sadie saw Scooter transforming into his own version of the Hulk, and became very worried for her son's health. After the fight that will be ensuing, (he's still transformed of course) she comes over to his side, and just generally worries over him. He is about to harm his mother, perhaps he even does, but he realizes who she is, and somehow becomes gentle towards her.

That's just a small scene I was playing in my head, when I read the rampaging part of the story.

Still, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!! IT'S gotten SO exciting now!!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
That really struck me as a "WOW" moment. I was squealing when I read that. I could just see it....gotta ask, I guess Scooter has lost his glasses during this transformation?
Yeah, he did. I would've written the part where they fall off his nose and he stomps on them while heading to the stage, but I figured that it would've been best just to have him drop them and leave them behind, while he destroys San Francisco.

ReneeLouvier said:
A quirk: Why did you chose a glass abdomen? It's really interesting to me. I guess because his stomach is still so delicate with all the opening and closing and stuff like that.
Actually, that's one reason I gave him the glass abdomen. I pictured the nanomeds attached to Scooter's liver to be little round, metallic looking things with a glass center that glowed green once activated. When Scooter mutated into "The Abomination", those nanomeds mutated with him, thus creating the "Glass Stomach."

ReneeLouvier said:
The red claws.....goodness. He looks SUPER intimateding! Like, he could just RIP though anything he sets his hands on.
That's kind of a nod to Lady Deathstrike, an "X-Men" character, who--both in the comics and Bryan Singer's movie adaptation--had two-foot claws protruding from her fingers.:smile:

ReneeLouvier said:
Now I've seen ossocianlly on the TV show Hulk, that he sometimes became gentle? Or is that some other thing I've seen?? I'm not sure about that. Don't know why, but this scene just popped into my head:

Sadie saw Scooter transforming into his own version of the Hulk, and became very worried for her son's health. After the fight that will be ensuing, (he's still transformed of course) she comes over to his side, and just generally worries over him. He is about to harm his mother, perhaps he even does, but he realizes who she is, and somehow becomes gentle towards her.

That's just a small scene I was playing in my head, when I read the rampaging part of the story.
Nice. I love it.:wink:

As for the Hulk sometimes becoming gentle, you're right. In the first episode of the series, after realizing what David could do as the Hulk and fearing that he would hurt or kill someone as him, his girlfriend alerted him that because David Banner (whose name I still cannot stand--I like Bruce) can't kill someone, the Hulk won't kill. That's why you won't see the Hulk in the movie, the TV series, or this fanfic kill anyone.

Now, in some comics (including the "Ultimate Avengers" series), the Hulk suddenly turns into this "Savage Hulk" (as the writers described him) and he is careless in his destruction, often killing a few people in the process. Earlier in the story, I mentioned something about the Hulk morphing into his savage self and causing ultimate destruction over San Francisco. I just want to make it clear that even though the Hulk was "Sleep-Rampaging", he did not kill anyone, like he possibly did in his dream.:wink:

ReneeLouvier said:
Still, I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!! IT'S gotten SO exciting now!!!
We're coming close to the conclusion. So get ready for one heck of a ride!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Ooh my goodness! I'm literally squealing over every part of this story!!! I'm so...I'm just REALLY loving this story, MW!

And the chance to see more stories with Sadie in it? OH WOW.

[edit'd] I'm blushing MuppetWriter! ....I can't wait to read more of it though. It's so wonderful!! I'm also saving these stories to my computer, I'm going to print these out for myself.

Ooohhhh....I LOVE IT!!! I love it ALL!! Thank you so much!! Oh, by the way, I LOVE Kim Possible!! I also love that Kim loves the Muppets too, that's just....so COOL!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Eight: Iron Man and the Possible Solution

Tony Stark was known not only for his lifestyle as an American industrialist and military contractor, but also for his incredible ingenuity and inventive genius. Stark entered the undergraduate electrical engineering program at MIT while only fifteen years old and graduated at the top of his class. When he was twenty-one, he inherited his father’s company (Stark Industries) after his parents were killed in a car accident. One of the first things Stark did was to buy out the company that made the faulty brakes on his parents’ car and correct the mechanical problem.

While on a visit to Vietnam to see how his new mini-transistors could assist the American war effort, Tony Stark was caught in a booby trap. Captured by a Vietnamese warlord named Wong Chu, and dying from a piece of shrapnel lodged in his heart from the booby trap, Stark was pressed into building weapons for Wong Chu, along with a fellow prisoner (the famed physicist named Yin Sen. However, Stark and Yin Sen used the workshop to secretly design and construct a suit of powerful armor—an iron exoskeleton that gave Stark tremendous strength as well as other abilities—that would not only keep Stark’s heart beating, but also allow him to escape. Yin Sen sacrificed himself to buy Stark time to charge the bulky suit of armor, and as “Iron Man,” he made short work of Wong Chu and his men.

On his return to the United States, Stark continued to improve the armor, establishing a dual identity as the adventurer and superhero, Iron Man; he also greatly expanded his father’s company, Stark Industries, eventually renaming it Stark International. The cover for Iron Man was that he was Stark’s bodyguard and corporate mascot. Eventually, Stark’s heart condition was discovered by the public and cured with an artificial heart transplant. He had upgraded and enhanced the features of his gold- and red-plated armor over the years, making him a powerful force every time he put the suit on.

On the same evening that the Hulk incident was taking place, Stark was sitting on the very top floor of the Stark International building in central San Francisco, handling some paperwork that was boring him to death. When he got to the point where he was just tired of it all, he threw down his ink pen and leaned back in his chair, rubbing his tired eyes. Picking up a nearby remote control, he used it to switch on the television set in the room, and the first image that appeared on the screen was the Hulk. Stark watched with interest and concern, as other images appeared on the screen, such as the other creature that the Hulk was fighting and the demolished block that they were fighting on.

Ladies and gentlemen, we’re sorry to interrupt whatever scheduled program you were watching, but there’s a ferocious battle taking place near the KMUP station, between the Hulk and what appears to be some sort of orange, scaly monster that bears quite a resemblance to Scooter Grosse of the Muppets.” The newsman said, as both he and his crew stood at a safe distance from the battle. “Within only a mere ten minutes, this entire block has been decimated by these two monsters, and no one—not even the military or S.H.I.E.L.D.—can stop their warpath.

Oh, God! LOOK OUT!!!” The cameraman shouted, as he captured an image of a giant chunk of concrete that was flying through the air and falling towards them. Static had suddenly come across the screen, and a “Please Stand By” message was soon displayed on the screen. Stark shut off the television set and went over to a large vault door in his office. He entered the combination on a small lock, located on the right side of the door, and he opened the vault, revealing a dark room. Stark stepped inside the darkened vault and switched on the lights. Inside, there was an arsenal of weapons and battle armor, all designed and created by Stark and his company, and at the center of the vault was Stark’s most famed and personal battle armor of all time, the Iron Man suit.

Meanwhile, on the rooftop of the KMUP station, the Muppets Tonight crew were watching the Hulk and the Abomination (the name that the news reporters had given Scooter) throw each other into buildings and slam each other’s bodies into the street. They were watching with Betty, her father, Fury, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, the Possibles, Ron, and Rufus, who were all stunned over what they were witnessing. Neither Ross nor Fury were happy; they saw the battle happening long before it even started.

“This is worse than what David Banner did to himself, a year ago.” Ross said.

“Yeah.” Fury agreed, familiar with what Ross was referring to. “The only difference is that Grosse isn’t merging with any objects. Thank God.” Ross looked over at Betty, who had tears streaming from her eyes.

“You know what we’re gonna have to do now, right?” He asked her, and she didn’t even bother looking at him, as she addressed him.

“I know.” Betty said. “And you know the consequences to it, right?”

“I do.” Ross remarked. “But it’s the only way we can take down these monsters.” Sadie was listening to what they were talking about and became really upset.

“You are not going to kill my son, General!!” Sadie shouted, truly discouraged over the events that were unfolding. “You people are responsible for turning him into that…that creature! I want you to turn him back into the normal Muppet that he was!” Kim, who was one of the many people that was feeling sympathetic towards Sadie and what she was going through, looked up at her mother, the surgeon.

“Mom, didn’t you say something about the Gamma radiation put into those nanomeds being a balanced dose?” Kim asked.

“Of course, Kimmie.” Mrs. Dr. Possible replied. “At least, that’s the amount that Bruce Banner claimed would keep Scooter from exploding or speeding up his adrenaline.”

“Exploding?” Ron said, and he & Rufus cringed. “Eww, gross!!”

“Ron!” Kim said, before focusing back on the problem at hand. “What if we were to feed him another dose of Gamma radiation, just to bring him back to the way he was?”

“No can do, Kimmie.” Dr. Possible stated. “Another dose would just trigger his mutation even more and possibly transform him into an even bigger creature.”

“Oh, man! That would be so awesome!” Ron exclaimed, and everyone glared at him, making him feel really sheepish. “That is…if this wasn’t so serious.” That’s when Kim’s Kimmunicator made its rhythmic tune; she took it out of her left pocket and turned it on.

“What up, Wade?” She asked.

Kim,” Wade said, “Have you been watching the San Francisco news? The Hulk’s…

“Fighting a big, orange, scaly monster that bears an uncanny resemblance to Scooter Grosse of the Muppets?” Kim said, and Wade expressed his surprised on the Kimmunicator’s small screen.

Man, sometimes I forget who I’m talking to.” Wade remarked.

“Wade, how you think we can solve this problem,” Kim said, and she glared at Ross and Fury as she finished her question, “Without any government intervention?”

I’ve done an analysis on Scooter’s mutated anatomy, and I’ve discovered that it’s not anger that’s triggering his mutation, much like the guy whose butt he’s kicking right now.” Wade revealed.

“Then if it’s not anger, then what is it?” Kim inquired.

Believe it or not, it’s his liver.” Wade said, just before a 3D diagram of Scooter’s anatomy appeared on the Kimmunicator screen, highlighting his liver. “The nanomeds attached to the liver contained an amount of Gamma radiation that was still too much for Scooter’s body to handle.

“That can’t be right.” Betty said. “Bruce did his research before the operation; he said that the amount was right enough to ensure a safe function.”

The amount was right, alright.” Wade told Betty. “Right enough to match the rate of Scooter’s bodily functions.

“You’re saying that the nanomeds somehow merged with Scooter and turned him into that thing?” Kim asked him. “All because of a balanced dose of Gamma radiation?”

“That would make sense,” Dr. Possible said, “Since the rate of the nanomeds balances out with the rate of Scooter’s anatomy.” Sadie didn’t like what she was hearing at all, not just because she didn’t understand it all, but because it was the reason her son became a freak.

“I can’t believe you people!” She said. “You were so sure that your little experiment would work that you got reckless with it and created a monster out of your patient, who just happens to be my son!!”

“Ms. Grosse, it wasn’t an experiment.” Betty said. “It weren’t treating Scooter like a test subject. We’ve done tests on these nanomeds before.”

“Yeah, ya did.” Sadie said. “And all those innocent frogs exploded!” When Piggy heard what kind of species Betty and Bruce tested for the nanomeds, she got became more angry and sickened than Sadie was. She looked over at Betty and glared at her.

“What kind of sick perverts are you, anyway?” Piggy asked, while Kim was rolling her eyes, trying to stay focused on what was happening with Scooter that moment.

“Can we please stay on the subject here?!” Kim exclaimed, just as a huge chuck of concrete flew over their heads and landed on the chopper parked in the middle of the rooftop, completely destroying it.

“So much for calling in the backup.” Fury uttered.

Kim, if you want to get Scooter to transform back into himself again, you’ve got to remove his liver from his body.” Wade informed, and his suggestion startled everyone.

“WHAT?!?!”

“Hey! My brother had to undergo two operations on his liver, and you’re suggesting that he just get it ripped out from his stomach again?!” Skeeter asked Wade.

It’s the only way to get him back to normal.” Wade said.

“Yeah, and it’s the only way it’ll get him killed, too!” Sadie exclaimed.

“Listen, I know this idea may sound farfetched,” Kim stated, “But I’ve trusted Wade long enough to know that he wouldn’t do anything to…” But she stopped once she had realized something, “Wait a sec! How am I going to get near him, without being squashed or ripped to pieces?”

“Don’t worry.” A metallic voice said. “You’ll have me there by your side.” The group looked up and smiled, as Iron Man was rocketing in mid-air, looking down at them.

“Long time no see, I.M.” Dr. Possible said, remembering his days serving with Iron Man, while working with S.H.I.E.L.D. The fact that Dr. Possible even knew Iron Man had impressed Ron.

“Aw, man! You know Iron Man, too?!?!” He exclaimed, just as he realized something cool. “Hey, Dr. P! Could you get me Captain America’s autograph?” Dr. Possible gave him an odd look.

“You do realize that I’m no longer working for S.H.I.E.L.D., Ronald?” Dr. Possible asked.

“Well, uh, can you get me Iron Man’s autograph when this is over?” Ron asked, and Dr. Possible rolled his eyes in disgust, as Iron Man landed on the rooftop and approached Kim.

“You’re going to need my help in getting Scooter Grosse back to normal.” He told Kim. “If you go anywhere near that liver of his, you will be infected with the Gamma radiation, and possibly become an abomination yourself.”

“So not the drama, I.M.” Kim remarked. “I’ve got my own battle suit, and it can repel against any radiation, just like yours.”

“But it won’t be able to penetrate the glass that guards it.” Iron Man contradicted. “You just keep the Hulk busy, while I handle Scooter.” Kim nodded in affirmation, as Ron came up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

“Be careful, K.P.” Ron said. “The Hulk is definitely not the type of guy that’ll show mercy.” Kim smiled at Ron, and she gave him a kiss on his left cheek, as she embraced him.

“Thanks, Ron.”

END OF CHAPTER EIGHT

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
....Oh wow. This is BEAUTIFUL. I love this.

Please post more!!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Chapter Nine: The Final Rampage

The Abomination (a.k.a. “Scooter”) used just about everything on the block to destroy the Hulk, who pretty much was using similar tactics. At one point in the fierce battle, the Abomination ripped off one of the pillars from a nearby building and used it like a bat to swing it at the Hulk. Seeing the pillar coming at him, the Hulk leaped out of the way and caused the Abomination to hit a parked car instead, sending it flying towards another building and crashing through the wall. The Hulk landed on another parked vehicle and squashed it to pieces, just before he leaped again, falling towards the Abomination. Before he even had the chance to get near the creature, it swung the pillar again and hit the green behemoth.

Flying high across the air at an incredible speed, the nearly unconscious Hulk’s limped body was like an out-of-control missile, with no idea of where it was going. At another street corner, a middle-aged man and his elderly friend were coming out of a restaurant called Denays, both carrying small cups of coffee. It seemed like such a peaceful evening for them, until the Hulk’s body crashed to the ground, only ten feet in front of them. They were shocked and amazed to see the creature before them.

“Hey, Stan,” The middle-aged man uttered, “Is that…?”

“It sure is, Jim!” The elderly man remarked, enthusiastically. “That’s the Hulk! One of the marvelous characters ever to hit San Francisco!”

“That must’ve been some big hit!” Jim commented, as he and Stan started walking towards the inert creature. “Boy, this sure does take the saying ‘It ain’t easy bein’ green’ to a whole different level.” When Jim and Stan were only a few feet closer to the Hulk, the Abomination had appeared at the scene, landing in front of the Hulk’s body and roaring at Stan and Jim. “And w-w-w-what is t-t-t-that?!”

“I don’t know, but I’m running away from it!!” Stan exclaimed, and the two men dropped their cups of coffee and ran away from the scene, just as the Hulk regained consciousness and saw the Abomination in front of him. Before he could react, the creature grabbed him and hurled his body towards the Denays restaurant. All of the patrons and employees inside jumped in shock, as the Hulk’s body crashed through the glass doors and landed in the middle of the room. They ran towards the now demolished entrance but were stopped once the Abomination crashed in, forcing them to exit through the back of the restaurant.

Digging his sharp claws deep into the Hulk’s body (causing the green behemoth to scream in horrendous pain), the Abomination picked it up again and hurled it upwards, slamming him against the ceiling. As the Hulk fell back to the floor, the pieces of the ceiling fell on him; he had holes in his sides for a brief moment, and then they began to heal themselves rapidly. The Hulk had become angrier than ever; he tackled the Abomination and brought the battle back outside, slamming their bodies against yet another parked vehicle and putting a huge dent in it. While the two monsters were decimating another block, Iron Man and Kim Possible (in her advanced blue and white battle suit) had arrived and saw how they were continuing their fierce battle.

“If we don’t stop these two, they’re gonna turn San Francisco into the Grand Canyon!” Kim exclaimed.

“The more together they are, the more destruction they cause.” Iron Man said.

“So, the more separate they are, the less destructive they’ll be?” Kim assumed.

“No,” Iron Man contradicted, “Separating them will cause chaos, not destruction.”

“I always figured those two things were the same.” Kim said.

“Let’s not waste time chatting.” Iron Man demanded. “If we don’t control Scooter, there could be a possibility that he could explode.”

“Explode?!” Kim remarked, finding the news totally unexpected.

“He’s a ticking time bomb with that Gamma-radiated liver in his stomach.” Iron Man told her. “If we don’t get it out of him in thirty minutes, both him and this city will blow sky high!” Kim now felt very nervous, taking in the sudden urgency of the mission. “Try to distract the Hulk, while I contain Scooter long enough to rip out that liver.”

The two heroes rushed towards the monsters at full speed, and once they were near them, they tackled them to the ground. Iron Man was pinning the Abomination to the ground with one hand, while he attempted to break through the glass that guarded his Gamma-radiated organ. But the Abomination didn’t give Iron Man the opportunity to do so; he grabbed him and threw him across the air. Activating the rockets built in his boots, Iron Man kept himself from soaring any further and flew back towards the Abomination. The creature knew what Iron Man was planning, and he threw some concrete at him to slow him down. Iron Man blasted the piece of concrete away with a focused beam from his left hand, just before the Abomination leaped into the air and tackled Iron Man in midair, slamming his body into the ground below.

Meanwhile, Kim was having quite a battle with the Hulk, dodging his large swinging hands and pulling off a few kicks and punches to his stomach and face. She flipped over the green monster and kicked him in the back, sending him reeling through a brick wall. However, that didn’t stop the Hulk; he just kept coming back and fighting Kim, who was beginning to tire. She knew that the only way to stop the monster was to ease his rage. How was she going to do that? That was a question that she asked herself, as she nearly avoided a manhole cover that the Hulk hurled at her.

The Abomination was ravaging Iron Man; he punched and kicked the metallic hero, horribly denting every part of his armor. After being thrown through a wall and into a hardware shop, a small section of Iron Man’s helmet had been ripped open, revealing Tony Stark’s blue-colored eye underneath. He got to his feet and relieved himself from the devastating blow the he received, as the Abomination crashed into the hardware shop and roared madly at him.

“This is gonna hurt me more than it’ll hurt you!” Stark exclaimed, just as he opened the dented plate on his chest and fired a powerful beam that took out the side of the hardware shop and threw the Abomination twenty feet away from Stark. The Abomination lied unconsciously on the ground, as Stark jumped through the large hole that was made in the side of the hardware store. He was about to rush towards the Abomination and take out his liver, until another hole was made in another section of the hardware store. Stark rushed back inside the hardware store and found Kim lying in a pile of crumbled wall pieces, with her battle suit becoming horribly ripped apart, showing off the terrible cuts made on her legs, stomach, and right arm.

“I seriously don’t see what Ron sees in this guy.” Kim commented, and she looked up at Stark, seeing how ravaged he was as well. “And I thought I was dealing with the tough one.”

“Wanna trade?” Stark joked, right before the Hulk crashed into the room and grabbed both Kim and Stark. The next thing the two heroes knew, their bodies were thrown upwards, crashing through several levels of the building, until they ended up on the rooftop. Tony and Kim had never been in so much pain; their suits were the only things that kept them from being severely injured.

“I’ve got a plan that’ll calm him down.” Kim told Stark.

“I don’t think he’s in the right mind to listen to Dr. Ross.” Stark said.

“No,” Kim uttered, as she took out a small gun from the holster that was attached to her utility belt and loaded it, “But I’ve got an Electro Magnetic Scrambler that wants to say ‘Hello’.” The Hulk leaped through the hole in the rooftop and landed before Kim and Stark, screaming savagely at them. Kim aimed her Electro Magnetic Scrambler at the Hulk and fired the device that she loaded into, planting it right on the Hulk’s chest. Before the green monster realized it, he was electrocuted by the device, and some of the strong electrical waves were sent into his brain. He ripped the device off his chest and crushed it, soon before he fell backwards and through the hole, falling past the floors until his inert body crashed back in the first floor with a tremendous thud.

“Nice job.” Stark commented.

“Thanks.” Kim remarked, and the two headed back downstairs just in time to watch the Hulk as he slowly transformed back into Bruce Banner. “The electromagnetic waves of the Electro Magnetic Scrambler tapped into Dr. Banner’s brainwaves and canceled out the emotion that triggered his anger. He should regain conscious in a few hours or so.” Suddenly, a loud crash was heard, followed by a roar.

“One monster down,” Stark said, as he and Kim rushed outside to see the Abomination, fully conscious, continuing his rampage, “Another one to go.” Kim was getting tired of the scaly monster and his destruction; she began running towards him, with a look of determination on her face. “Kim! Wait! Stop!” But before Stark could say anything else, Kim had already jumped into the air and flew towards the Abomination. She kicked him right in his glass abdomen, which was cracked from the powerful beam that Stark unleashed on him, and shattered it to pieces. The Abomination roared in pain, as Kim reached into his stomach and ripped his liver from it.

What Kim didn’t anticipate on was the powerful Gamma-radiated force of energy that pushed her away from the Abomination and threw her body against the side of the building, knocking her out in the process. Several vehicles pulled up to the scene, as the hands of the Abomination clutched his head; the monster was screaming louder than ever, while the gaping hole in his stomach had green smoke billowing out of it. Ron and the Possibles got out of their car and checked on the unconscious Kim, while Betty and General Ross were checking on Bruce.

Slowly, the Abomination morphed back into Scooter Grosse, with the gaping hole in his stomach becoming as small as he was. Once the transformation was finished, Scooter felt very weak and dizzy; he immediately fell into an unconscious state and collapsed to the ground. Sadie, Skeeter, and the Muppets Tonight crew gathered around him, but they were soon separated from him, when the paramedics arrived to place Scooter on a stretcher and carry him over to an ambulance. Sadie and Skeeter hopped into the ambulance with them, just as they closed the back doors and drove away to the nearest hospital, sirens blaring.

“He’s gonna make it.” Clifford said. “That boy is strong.” Meanwhile, Kim and Bruce had regained consciousness at exactly the same time, and they noticed how their loved ones were around them.

“That was a very brave thing you did, Kim.” Mrs. Dr. Possible complimented.

“Thanks, Mom.” Kim said, and she hugged her, while Rufus climbed out of Ron’s pocket and crawled up to Kim’s face, giving her a small kiss on the cheek. Dr. Possible looked away from his daughter for a moment and gawked at the liver that was lying on the ground; he noticed how it suddenly dissolved into a green pile of slime, which disgusted him a little.

“Thank goodness I’m not a surgeon.” He said, turning to Kim. “Come on, Kimmie. Let’s get you home, so we can treat those booboos you have.”

“Booboos? Dad!” Kim exclaimed, totally embarrassed, and as she was carried over to their car, Betty crouched over Bruce, as lied down on the ground, still relieving himself from the battle.

“How did we do?” He asked her, and she just smiled at him, not saying a word. General Ross stood near them, feeling a bit relieved that the madness had ended, but still having a cautious attitude towards Bruce. Instead of attempting to arrest Bruce again, he just dropped the whole thing and walked away, passing by Fury on his way to a squad car.

“You just going to pretend that none of this ever happened?” Fury asked him, and Ross stopped, turned to face the S.H.I.E.L.D. general, and grin at him.

“I’m tired of fighting something I can’t defeat, General.” Ross said. “If you want to deal with him, be my guest. Me…I’m thinking of early retirement. That should save you the burden of ending my career.” Fury knew that Ross will never forget what he heard from the interview that evening. He watched the military general as he climbed into a squad car and was driven away from the scene. Fury smiled as he looked away from the squad car and towards Bruce and Betty, pondering over what he was going to do with them. He heard a loud rocketing noise and was forced to look up, as Iron Man flew off into the evening sky.

END OF CHAPTER NINE

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Epilogue: The Opportunity

Scooter opened his eyes to find himself inside of a recovery room located in the medical section of the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters, right near New York City. He knew that he was back in the East of the States again, when he glanced towards a window and saw the Statue of Liberty standing in its usual spot in the middle of Liberty Island, several feet away from the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters. Scooter smiled; he loved Manhattan, and he was more than pleased to find himself back there again. He was looking forward to seeing Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and the rest of his buddies at the Happiness Hotel, as well as working at his secondary job at the Muppet Theatre.

He looked away from the window and down at himself, seeing how he was connected to several machines that kept track of his bodily functions. What was bothering him the most was the reason he was taken to a governmental hospital, instead of a regular one; and also, though he loved Manhattan, why was he brought there? He wanted to be happy that he had a healthy liver in his body again; he was even pleased at how it had been closed up, seemingly handled by a laser that formed the skin together, thus making it look like he never had a work done there at all. But Scooter wanted to know why he was in Manhattan and not in San Francisco anymore. That’s when Tony Stark entered the room and approached Scooter’s bed.

“Hey,” Stark told Scooter, who was really surprised to see such a huge figure like him there in the flesh. “How’re you doing?” Scooter was silence for a brief moment; he was to compose his excitement and respond to the industrialist.

“F-Fine. I…I’m doing fine, Mr. Stark.” Scooter said, and Stark just grinned at him, just before he gestured towards a nearby chair.

“Mind if I sit down?” He asked, politely, and when Scooter nodded, Stark pulled the chair up near Scooter’s bed and sat down next to him. “I take it from the look on your face that you know who I am, right?” Scooter nodded again. “But the thing that’s running through your mind right now is…why NYC and not San Fran? And why a S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters and not a typical New York hospital? Am I correct?” Scooter didn’t nod; he was just surprised that he was inside the S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.

“This is S.H.I.E.L.D.?” He uttered, looking around and seeing how normal the area looked. “I was expecting something out of Star Trek!” Stark chuckled, keeping the bright smile on his face.

“Yeah, it may look like the ‘House of the Future’ on the outside,” Stark said, “But we’re a pretty regular organization on the inside.” Scooter kept his focus back on Stark, as he stood up from his chair and looked out the window at the Statue of Liberty.

“How’s Dr. Banner?” Scooter asked, remembering some of what happened during his time as the Abomination. “I…I can recall fighting the Hulk on the streets of San Francisco, but I’m having trouble remembering whether he survived or not.”

“Banner’s alright.” Stark informed, and Scooter was relieved. “General Fury put him back in S.H.I.E.L.D. with Dr. Ross in tow to find a cure for his transformations. He’s been placed in an isolation chamber, just in case his Mr. Hyde persona decided to break out again.” Scooter remembered Sadie being the last person that he had spoken to, before he mutated.

“And…my mother and sister?” He asked, as Stark moved away from the window and sat back down next to Scooter.

“They’re fine.” He said. “We told them that we were bringing you back to Manhattan for safety reasons.”

“I know my mother couldn’t have bought that story.” Scooter said, and the smile on Stark’s face grew.

“It did take quite a bit of convincing,” Stark remarked, “But we were able to get her to stay in San Francisco with your sister and the KMUP crew, promising them that we would take good care of you.” Scooter sighed in despair, as he thought about all of the trouble his monstrous alter ego caused.

“Boy, I don’t think anyone will ever trust me in San Francisco again.” He uttered.

“Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that.” Stark told him. “Fury explained everything over the air. He said that S.H.I.E.L.D. was solely responsible for your mutation and that neither you nor your family and friends would press charges.”

“Even if you were to do that, we wouldn’t stand a chance against them.” Scooter said. “I just hope Clifford and the KMUP crew will find it in their hearts to forgive me for nearly destroying the station.”

“They’re all willing to put this behind them if you are.” Stark said, and Scooter was silent for a long moment.

“I’ll try.” He said. “It won’t be easy. But I’ll try.” Both Scooter and Stark looked at each other and smiled; there was bond between the two that was strong, even if they had met face-to-face for the first time. “So…what now? Will I be released as soon as I regained my strength?”

“It all depends.” Stark said. “Do you want to leave? Do you want to go back to the normal life you had, before all of this entire mess started? Or do you want to get to know S.H.I.E.L.D. and maybe even get them to help find your father?” Scooter reacted to the mentioning of his father, whom he had never gotten the chance to know, due to the belief that he had died in a historical war.

“That can’t be.” Scooter said. “I was told that he was missing in action for years.”

“Well, Scooter, I have reason to believe that your father’s still out there somewhere, alive and well.” Stark stated, and Scooter looked down, trying to comprehend the thought of his long-lost father being still alive. The stunned look on his face told Stark that the gofer would need a lot of time to decide whether or not to stay with S.H.I.E.L.D. “I’ll let you sleep on it. Till then, we’re gonna take good care of you, okay?”

“O-Okay, Mr. Stark.” Scooter replied. “And thanks.”

“You’re welcome, son.” Stark said, and he looked at Scooter for a few more minutes before he walked out of the room and into a huge, octagonal-shaped hallway, which Nick Fury was waiting for him in. When Fury noticed how Stark came out of Scooter’s room, he approached the industrialist, with a serious look on his face.

“Well…what did he decide?” Fury asked.

“He hasn’t decided anything yet.” Stark replied.

“Did you even tell him?”

“I felt it was best to just let him take in the thought of his father being still alive, after spending years believing that he had died in the Vietnam War.” Fury smirked at Stark, as they began walking down the hallway.

“So you're just gonna leave him in the dark, aren’t you?”

“It’s all too much for him to handle at once, General. Telling him his father’s still alive one minute and offering him a position as an assist for the Avengers the next. It’s best to just let him recover now and wait a month or two for him to make his decision.”

“Well, sooner or later, Stark, you’re gonna have to lead that boy out of the dark.”

“Yeah, I know.” Stark uttered. “I’m just wondering how he’s going to take the revelation that his father is not only the owner of the biggest industry in the world, but also one of the Avengers’ most trustworthy members, Iron Man.” Fury looked away from Stark, with the smirk still on his face, as the two men stepped into an elevator and went down it.

THE END​

Scooter? An assisting member for the Avengers? And Iron Man's his daddy?!:eek:

Wow! Even I'm impressed by that revelation! I hope you all enjoyed the first of the Marvelous Sadie stories, which are now a part of the "Marvelous Muppets" series. You can bet there's an Muppets/Ultimate Avengers story coming soon.:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
AHH!!!! *goes to shush her little chi, who's now barking at her loud scream of joy*

Wow.....oh....my goodness.....Marvelous Sadie Stories I still can't comphrend it completely, it's just so FREAKING AWESOME!

:smile: YAYAYYAYAYYAY!!!! :smile: