"The Electric Company" on SesameWorkshop.com

chpoof

Reaction score
Taco Monster said:
I'm hoping for complete SS episodes myself - in particular, "best of" sets containing 16-20 episodes from different eras. Let's say a different set for every period of five years, up to season 20 or maybe 25. And for what it's worth, the Electric Company DVD set contains episodes that were seen on Noggin (except for one, I think), but they're completely uncut, right down to the old PBS logo. By the way, this set is my first exposure to TEC, and I have to say it's an awesome show - I highly recommend it to any fans of classic SS.
Good! That gives me hope that whenever classic SS episodes do see the light of DVD day, they will be in their entirety. As long as I get the complete debut episode and other key ones from the 70's, then I'll be happy.:smile:

I'm so looking forward to The Electric Company DVD set. Mine should be here sometime next week.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Great site MuppetDude.It really brought back memories for me.I can hardly wait to get a copy.

mjb1124

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Sorry about that. It's a Flash site, and features a blog, trivia, downloads, and a list of videos and songs (that sound a bit different than the televised versions, at least the ones I've seen).
Perhaps these recordings are from the Electric Company album?

mikealan

Reaction score
I HATE The Electric Company!

I never watched it in my childhood, only a couple of them that I got from Noggin a few years ago. All I ever cared about more is The Muppets of Sesame Street and The Muppets (which Disney currently owns them) but I got more upset about not getting the great collectible action-figures of Sesame Street, especially the ever-beloved Big Bird!

BTW, I am getting sick of getting more DVD's! It's just not good for me to watch them!

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I have finally recieved my DVD copy of"the best of THE ELECTRIC COMPANY"from Amazon.com earlier this month.It's a four disc set and I'm really enjoying it.

My favourite episodes are the ones that include"Jennifer of the Jungle","Letterman","SpiderMan"and"Road Runner".

I also like the episodes where the Sesame Street muppet characters make guest appearances.

If anyone else here has recieved their own copy of this delightful DVD set,I just have one question about the final segment of Episode #453 on disc 3.A film segment that takes us viewers around the city streets while the signs we see are sung by a group of children.At one point we see a man in his car shrugging his shoulders in confusion.That man looks like actor Paul Benedict,who is not only famous for his role as"Mr.Bentley"on the tv sitcom"The Jeffersons",but also known as the number painter in a few Sesame Street segments.Could it be the same guy?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Also, something I want to point out is that they showed a clip of "The Electric Company" on Ellen today. Morgan Freeman was a guest and they showed a clip of him bathing in the casket. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone who missed that.