The Darkwing Duck Thread

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Another thing I've noticed: In a number of episodes (A Duck by Any Other Name, Darkly Dawns the Duck, Adopt-a-Con) Darkwing gets arrested, but the police never seem to force him into unmasking himself and dressing in jail clothes.
Everytime I've been arrested they never ask me to unmask or take away my cape. :batty:

Xerus

Reaction score
When I watched the 90's Batman the Animated Series, I imagine Darkwing Duck in those same stories. Like in the episode where The Mad Hatter traps Batman in his own perfect fantasy world, I imagine Darkwing in Batman's place and Tuskernini in The Mad Hatter's Place.

Or in the episode where the Joker blackmails an ordinary business man in doing his dirty work, I imagine Quackerjack doing the same thing to another ordinary business guy.

And the episode where a mad doctor records Bruce Wayne's thoughts and finds out he's Batman and tries to auction the tape to The Joker, Two Face, and the Penguin. I imagine a doctor doing the same thing to Drake Mallard and tries to auction the tape to Steelbeak, MegaVolt, and Bushroot.

And the episode where a small time crook named Sid the Squid thought he killed Batman and was hunted down by the Joker and Sid tries to get Rupert Thorne's help and tells him his story. I imagine another small time crook in the same position, only Negaduck is after him and he goes to Steelbeak for help.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking of Negaduck, if he is from the alternate universe, I don't know why he didn't expose Darkwing's alter ego Drake Mallard.
Think of all the crooks that could have gone after him and try to do harm to Darkwing and his family. Negaduck could have done that and keep Darkwing busy while he attempted to take over the city.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I see it, Negaduck, in his universe doesn't need to hide his identity with his own secret life. Could he have always been Negaduck, while Drake was all the time starting to become Darkwing? Regardless of that, Negaduck is such a scourge in his own world the need for a secret identity is completely and utterly a waste of time.

That is, when you really look at Darkly Dawns the Duck, you'll notice he doesn't really take on the secret life of Drake Mallard until he sees the need to take care of Goz after the affair with Taurus Bulba killing her Grandfather. We don't know how Negaduck got Goz's bizzarro twin, I tend to think of it as her being a hostage with Stockholm syndrome.

Again, the comic book says that Negaduck ONLY stumbled upon Darkwing's secret identity after following Launchpad to the cleaners. But then, there are a lot of holes in the series like that because, well, we never thought about a big canon until we were much, much older than when we first saw it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I see where they are coming out with the 2nd print of Darkwing Duck and maybe Hasting will obtain it and i'll be able to catch up with everyone here. I want to ask everyone here a question.

Which comics has everyone gotten so far? Just so i know when i catch up with ya'll or can ask a certain question about a story when i read it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The three that were released so far. I'm eagerly awaiting issue 4. Let's just say one of Darkwing's most feared enemies appeared last page of the third issue.

And once this arc is done, we have the return of Darkwarrior Duck.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm loving the comic books right now. The art is perfect! The story is really good, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm loving the comic books right now. The art is perfect! The story is really good, too.
Of all the Darkwing Comics I've ever read, these are definitely the best. Second best being the Disney Adventures ones. Now that one had stories deeper than you'd expect. The Disney Afternoon comics were okay, but very uneven as far as the art went (one featured a human villain, and not a very well drawn one).. and I'm not a fan of the fact the Disney Comics publication was a 4 part (yawn) comic adaption of the origin episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But it seems a lot of odd merchandise lumps the secret agent and super man villains into FOWL territory. And once I put the pieces together, everything felt off in that aspect. My reasoning? When Steelbeak was planning something, J. Gander Hooter always informed Darkwing in the old fashion "You're mission, should you choose to accept it" way. When it comes to Bushroot, Megavolt, and the rest... Darkwing manages to stumble on them himself.
SHUSH was involved with a few Negaduck episodes, like Just Us Justice Ducks and the episode where Darkwing keeps changing his appearance to look like whoever he's around.