The Darkwing Duck Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW: Anybody have descript knowledge on Ice-Head Harry from the DW/Disney Ice Show?
You mentioned the Ice show and a wave of dispair just came over me. The only Disney Ice show I ever saw was Toy Story... loved it, and they had a cute little reference to the Mos Eislie Cantina (sp?) from Star Wars when the LGM's entered... bought a three pack of them... and THEN I saw the vendors with old Disney on Ice merchandise... they had a little package with a Darkwing small plush in it... so not only did I not get to go (it wasn't playing at the Boston Garden/Fleet Center/TD bank north whatever, so I couldn't see it) I lost the opportunity to actually get that merchandise too.

But yeah, the Darkwing PVC's I'm referring too are the small little Applause type ones, not really bendies or action figures. I Do have like a small PVC sized figure of Darkwing that may or may not be a Bendy... think the size of the really small Gumby figures that don't actually bend, but with one that actually does (I have Bullwinkle and Rocky like that, actually). I haven't seen it in years, though. And the problem with the Kelloggs figures, I bought the Darkwing years and years ago, but stumbled upon Megavolt and Launchpad at comic stores much later. So basically I'm without most of my Darkwing Toys until I can get my parents to move that old box out of their basement.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I sort of wonder, if a Liquidator figure was made, would it have been made of a transparent material (much like the "Statler and Waldorf as Jacob and Robert Marley" PVCs from Palisades), or just painted all blue?

I was also thinking that it would be cool if a new Darkwing Duck video game were made, using contemporary 3D graphics (though I prefer 2D side-scrolling games). It would be cool to see Megavolt (and his powers) in 3D.

But maybe of the comic books become popular enough we might see new Darkwing merchandise. Maybe a video game, new figures/PVCs/plush, t-shirts, hopefully even a continuation of the series on DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow, those unreleased figures look cool (just as cool as the ones that were released, though it's been a long time since I last saw them). A few characters I honeslty wouldn't have expected (like the alien hats, one of Tuskernini's penguins, that bear, even an eggman). Looks like the eggman, hats, and penguin were meant to be a PVC (I wonder if those would have been packaged together... Looks like the hats were all permaneantly sculpted together). Seems a little weird that Honker's family still wouldn't have been included (then again series 3 would have needed some characters, if there were to be a series 3... But there would have been a shortage of interesting villians). Also odd that if we got series 2 we still wouldn't have gotten Drake Mallard.

I wonder if anybody ever gotten two Darkwing Duck figures and repainted one to look like Negaduck.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Eggman, hats, and Penguin were all meant to be a side product of smaller wind up toys, similar to These TMNT ones they made.

But this collection of unused characters REALLY gets into a DW fan's craw. Not so much Gryzlikoff or Hooter (Maybe just Gryz), but we had not only Negaduck, but Morgana, Quackerjack and Gizmoduck as well. There was a Gizmoduck PVC from a cereal box, but that's all they released of products with him on it. Thankfully I managed to track that down.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There was a Gizmoduck PVC from a cereal box, but that's all they released of products with him on it. Thankfully I managed to track that down.
I feel I remember the PVC, but I thought it was as part of a Ducktales cereal promotion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel I remember the PVC, but I thought it was as part of a Ducktales cereal promotion.
This is the one.. And yes, it was indeed a cereal promotion. There were at least 2 Ducktales cereal PVC collections, though I can't really recall who was in them. I know the three nephews, but I can't remember if Scrooge or LP were there at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've just been thinking, it's a shame that the Steelbeak figure didn't come with some sort of monitor accessory featuring his bosses on there. That's the only way I can think of that would be feasible to include them.

Speaking of FOWL, I was just watching Dirty Money, and I've been thinking, is that the only episode involving FOWL that does not include Steelbeak?

Xerus

Reaction score
I've just been thinking, it's a shame that the Steelbeak figure didn't come with some sort of monitor accessory featuring his bosses on there. That's the only way I can think of that would be feasible to include them.

Speaking of FOWL, I was just watching Dirty Money, and I've been thinking, is that the only episode involving FOWL that does not include Steelbeak?
There were two more FOWL episodes that didn't have Steelbeak. One was where FOWL made Amonia Pine team up with her sister, Ample Grime. And another episode where FOWL sent a villain named Major Synapse to steal a psychic machine and got turned into a giant scary brain in the end.