Thanksgiving at Muppet Central

radionate

Reaction score
Thanks, I will. What can I use for the singing telegrams though?:confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In case you want to know, earlier this year (I presume) after ABC got the rights to air Snoopy specials (oddly paired up with Winnie the Pooh, and not Garfield which Makes more sence because both Garfield and Snoopy were my absolute fav comic strips) in 2001, they had a new offering, A Charlie Brown Valentine (or something. There was an older Charlie Brown Valentines special,m but it was COMPLETELY different.) and It may or may not have been based on strips.

I do remember quite a bit of the Charlie Brown and Snoopy show episodes were based on actula stirps (word for word in most cases), especially one where Peppermint Patty gets blamed for swiping gold starsfrom the teacher. Strange thing though, Snoopy never had his thought soliloques (I don't know what to call them. Basically he's thinking, but we can hear it, sort of Like Garfield.) In fact he only did this in two specials, You're a Good Man Charlie Brown and Snoopy the Musical (both based on the actual stage shows).

I am just glad they didn't air a Very Mery Muppet Christmas Movie on the same night!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Two steppin? Get out the boots. Yeehaw! LOL! Totally more of an urbanite. But I getcha, Nate. :wink:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yes, A Charlie Brown Valentine (the new one) was based entirely on old strips. Because of Schulz's desire to be the sole creative force behind his work, all future specials will also be based on his old strips (from what I've heard).

It was strange that Snoopy never "spoke." The two times they used his voice, it didn't sound right to me. However, so much of Snoopy's humor comes from his thought bubbles. I remember more than one occasion on The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show where gags didn't even make sense, because they captured them verbatim from the comics WITHOUT Snoopy's dialogue to explain what was going on in the scene.