Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
A bit disappointed that (spoilers in white) the alternate universe scene had so little screen time, but there's potential for this arc with the worm to be revisited.

Still, an impressively animated scene, most likely done in Flash.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Somehow, I heard it was going to be short. I wanna know how the heck they're going to get Tiger Claw back. I'd love to see him drawn in classic 80's style. There's something about that character that has the feeling of the 1990's TMNT Toy line about him.

And I also loved that they used me personal favorite design of the 80's turtles... that 5 episode Toei animated pilot series where the characters have that line down their noses. I really wish they retained that look the entire series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eh, I personally never really saw a need for that line down their noses... of course then again, that whole first season kind became a sense of Early Installment Weirdness for me, especially with heterosexual, bland-sounding Vernon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The first trailer of TMNT is out

Still very inconclusive. It doesn't look good or bad yet, and the Turtles seem right (you could say the same about the Transformers, but they weren't what was wrong with the movies). The movie seems to borrow similarities between the IDW comics origin (the turtles being a result of a super soldier experiment- albeit a completely different one). There really isn't much to go on that isn't obvious action movie bits.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... they cam full circle and made Baxter Stockman a fly in the cartoon again.

Kinda wish they'd have Dogpund/Rahzar beat him up so severely that he needed an escalating amount of robotics to keep him alive, like in the last series. But at least he seems vengeful and psycho like Fly Baxter was in the last series.

But seriously, if there's ONE thing I liked most about the 2K3 TMNT series? Suicidal robot Baxter's fall into madness and body disintegration.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Baxterfly sure is a lot more intimidating this time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one thing I really like about the Mutants in this series is that they're far more grotesque and monster-like than the last time.

Anyone else catch the cameo of Ace Duck as one of Baxter's experiments? And the mention of mutant Pigs and Rhinos?

Overall, this was a great and important episode. Sure, I liked last week's cute filler story where Pee Wee Herman forces the Turtles to LARP, but this is the episode that was worth the wait after the break period since Wormquake.

OH! And a nice 50 dollar coffee table book about the history of the Turtles... Nice cover. They used the designs of the old comic, 80's cartoon, 2k3 cartoon (or something similar), and the new series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just saw the Pizzaface episode.

Wow. That singlehandedly outdid every tired pizza joke in the original series, even mocking the strange food combo toppings that were a running gag. And made even better with John DiMaggio hamming it up as Pizzaface (no pun intended). This is probably one of my favorite wackier episodes of the series. And even then, they manage to make these wacky episodes dark. I said it before and I'll say it again. Sure, I like Teen titans Go now, but if you want a true spiritual successor to the original 03 TT show, this incarnation of TMNT is it. Reminded me of both the Mother Mae-Eye and New-fou episodes with a Turtle-y spin.

On the collector's front, Funko is expanding it's TMNT product line with 4 new Pop figures (April, Bebop, Rocksteady, and a Foot Clan Robot), Bobbleheads, and blind box figures, similar to their Disney/DC/Marvel/Big Band Theory lines.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I like how this is yet another episode that shows Mikey having to save the day himself. And yes, I also love how they manage to make something as silly as a mutant pizza monster turning people into zombies very dark and twisted.

Also, am I the only one who would love to see a three-way battle between Pizzaface, Pizza Steve, and that cannibal pizza ghost from Sanjay & Craig?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I was gonna draw a fan art of Mikey accidentally creating Pizza Steve out of mutagen, but decided against it.

Man, I gotta pick up those Bebop and Rocksteady pop figures. Too bad I don't even have any of the Muppets, Bullwinkle, TMNT, or Ghostbusters line yet (or Derpy. I'm not going to collect MLP stuff at all, but I want that Derpy). And there's a Transformers and Arrested Development series coming out. I'm waaaay behind.