Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
She doesn't strike you as the kind of girl that would have been like that had she been a teenager at this time? I could totally see 1980's cartoon Irma having gone through a dark nerdy chick phase.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like nerdy-goth Irma will be a boy-crazy type, either.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
She doesn't strike you as the kind of girl that would have been like that had she been a teenager at this time? I could totally see 1980's cartoon Irma having gone through a dark nerdy chick phase.
I think if she wentthrough a dark phase as a teenager, it probably would have been more along the lines of Fern's kind of sinister, passive-aggressive streak that you're so fond of. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the one line of dialogue she's kinda sarcastic, so...
Oddly enough, she looks a LOT like the poorly researched version of the character from the Archie Comics adaption of Return of the Shredder.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Admittedly, I find it hard to really get into the Nickelodeon show, mainly because it suffers from the same (not exact same, but you get the idea) problem that the new seasons of ARTHUR do: rather poor animation.

The animation is just... is that really the best they can do? It kind of reminds me of that video for Dire Straits' "Money for Nothin'", it looks really, really cheap. I also find it a little odd that they brought back Rob Paulsen, but rather than reprise Raphael, he's voicing Donatello instead.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll admit I am mixed about the animation, especially since there are a lot of shows that look better. Especially Transformers Prime. I kinda have problems with some of the human models. But the show is too intriguing for me to care. And the Turtles do look pretty good themselves.

It's technically the same animation they use for King Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness. It's a little stiff at points, but limited TV animation kinda has to be cheap. And if anything, it's just a slight step down from the CGI movie's quality.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I also find it a little odd that they brought back Rob Paulsen, but rather than reprise Raphael, he's voicing Donatello instead.
I think he's more fitting voicing Don. He has more of that nerdy quality to his voice that lends himself better to a nerdy character like him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, I like how they combined classic cartoon Don's personality with classic cartoon Raph's sarcasm to make what has to be the best version of Donatello I've ever seen. In every TMNT cartoon I've ever seen, I mean, I like Don, but he was just overshadowed by Mikey and Raph (sarcastic jerk or rage driven teen, either one's good). Don has become my favorite Turtle in this iteration. For the first time, I like Mikey a strong second. Mikey has been dethroned as my first, and I'm a life long Mikey fan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta hand it to Nickelodeon. They really made the TMNT take off. While I think 4Kids did a decent enough job and it was mildly successful back in 2003, I've erased all worry about Nick's ownership I ever had.

Day after Valentines... the Valentines cards with erasers... gone The little paper hearts full of crummy candy... also gone. Even the not at all related to Valentines Day TMNT Kraft Mac N' Cheese... totally gone. WOW! And they just restocked the action figures. I love the momentum this series has.

The thing that worries me is the upcoming movie. If it's not a success, I'm afraid it will affect the cartoon series. And if it is a success, I'm afraid it will blot out the animated series... especially with Playmates who pulled that crap with the last movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In all honesty, I do not have high expectations for the new movie.

Megan Fox as April O'Neil? EWWWWW!!!

Will Arnett as Vernon Fenwick? Ehhhh... hmm...

Mickey from SEINFELD as Splinter? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: