Susan is hardly ever around anymore :(

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't like to see Susan be replaced. I mean Loretta Long has played her since day one. It would be hard to find someone else to fill her shoes. Of course, I don't want to see her written out of the show either. Oh, well. I guess it's in the writer's hands.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
You weren't the only fan to confuse Olivia with Susan when both characters existed. I do hope Susan sticks around as long as she can; besides, if Gordon can be played by three different actors then why couldn't the Workshop allow that for Susan? She isn't a good candidate for a "death episode", considering that the character's still supposed to be younger than the actress.
here's wht I don't get. I know Loretta's pretty much too busy to work on SS every so often... but what about Olivia? I mean, what career options did she have. I saw her cameo on a few sitcoms in the 90's... then she just started doing random commercials where her role kept diminishing and seminishing.

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Alaina Reed left Sesame Street as a full time cast member in 1985 to star in the show 227. She was somewhat of a recurring charachter until she left the show altogether 3 years later in 1988. I think even though the actress may not be doing much on Television these days, it doesn't mean she doesn't have other things going on in her life as well. Besides she's been gone from Sesame Street for nearly 20 years now, it would be kind of pointless for her to return now. I think she probably just wants to keep her past, in the past.

BEAR

Reaction score
It is also possible that she is semi-retired from the business. Alaina Reed had quite a successful career in the musical theatre scene. She just chose to leave Sesame Street after about a decade to co-star in a sitcom. She moved in another direction. I am sure she could have returned to Sesame Street if she wanted to. I guess she just didn't want to.