Susan is hardly ever around anymore :(

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
It really disapoints me to see Susan only shows up one time per season now. She doesn't seem to be doing well at all lately. Whenever she is there she's only there for a few seconds and doesn't seem to have much energy at all. I'm really worried about her. Back when I was a kid watching the show Susan was in almost every episode. She was like the glue that held the show together. The mother figure of the show. Now the only time we see her is once a season, and she only says a sentence or 2 and that's it. I wish she would spend more time on the show. Whenever I see Gordon and Miles on screen together, I can just tell things aren't complete without Susan. I believe Loretta Long is in her late 60's now. It really is a shame she's not there more.:frown:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know what you mean. After all, Bob is quite a bit older than Susan and he's around a lot more often.

I think someone mentioned in another thread that she also works as an HS principal and that takes up most of her time. But, I agree with you. I hope that her health is okay and everything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I think someone mentioned in another thread that she also works as an HS principal and that takes up most of her time. But, I agree with you. I hope that her health is okay and everything.
I'm not sure about her being a principal, but yes she has a job on the side of the show in education; after all she came to my middle school several years ago to give a lecture about what I can't remember now, all I remember is I never got a chance to say hi to her.:frown:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
She might, but she said she left the educational system to be on Sesame Street.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, maybe we could all write to her and see how she's doing. I've noticed that somewhere at the Henson People thread, Jerry Nelson wrote a long post about how his health is and everything. (I hope he gets to feeling better as well) Anyway, maybe we'll get that from Loretta at some point.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I'd hate to see Susan written out of the show (especially by dying); the idea of Gordon as a single dad seems bizarre somehow, even though Miles is old enough to graduate from high school. After all, I remember reading that Susan and Gordon were created as a "traditional" inner-city, African-American couple...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't know about her being written out of the script. I just can't see that happening. They've come to far to let that happen now.

SesameStreetFan

Reaction score
Unfortunatley, I think from here on out Susan will just have a one episode a year cameo appearance. It's funny the charachter Olivia was similar to Susan during her last few years on the show.

ISNorden

Reaction score
SesameStreetFan said:
Unfortunately, I think from here on out Susan will just have a one-episode-a-year cameo appearance. It's funny the character Olivia was similar to Susan during her last few years on the show.
You weren't the only fan to confuse Olivia with Susan when both characters existed. I do hope Susan sticks around as long as she can; besides, if Gordon can be played by three different actors then why couldn't the Workshop allow that for Susan? She isn't a good candidate for a "death episode", considering that the character's still supposed to be younger than the actress.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Just a thought.

You know if some think that Loretta Long is not well then it's great that everyone's concerned and Maybe she isn't in the best of health and it's OK to discuss it but since we don't know for sure I think we should not make predictions such as her just having 1 episode appearance per season or even worry about her being written out of the show or whatever.