Successful Muppet recreations

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
sweet! i also like that Buck guy, he looks like a stoned Ninja Turtle. (haha, dont worry, i like him)

and i like Jollie, he RULES!!!

tygerbug

Reaction score
MuppetMonkey, your puppets are absolutely amazing and must work gangbusters on TV.

And of course ... Tom, Tom, Tom, great work. I love your wampa ... er, ice creature. And I too am amazed at how you captured Statler and Waldorf and the Chef. I think though I was most impressed by a shaggy grey dog you did, which reminded me of some of the Henson dogs from Dog City etc .... your best puppets manage to conjure up that feel while being original creations.

We've got some puppets here that were built for TV commercials about 15 years ago, "The Tiny Dinos" ... gorgeous Muppet like puppets of my dad's characters .... dying out and falling apart now, but very interesting to see how they were constructed.

Tom Morrow

Reaction score
thanks Tygerbug!

The big dog is Chappy... he's a fun one. Large, heavy puppet with a little cable mech to raise his brow... good ole live hands puppet. (and a good ole dog as well)

"your best puppets manage to conjure up that feel while being original creations."

That's about the nicest thing i've heard in a while :smile: thank you! To me, the "Henson style" was and is certainly a great goal but more importantly, it helped me learn what to look for in good characters. Along the way, i like to think my stuff has become more and more original... and i've actually got some much more unique stuff in the works. My sketchbooks are gettin full so it's almost time for me to start building puppets again :smile:

Hopefully, once i get moved and settled into the new home, i'll have some more time to think/make/perform puppets again. I've been spending a lot of time sculpting over the last few years and am anxious to work that into my puppet creating!
tom

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Here are some characters I'm Planning on recreating....

-Snarl (The Original Gonzo)
-Skip and Scoop
-Afghan Hound
-Grover
-Grump
-Cookie Monster