Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The wonderful Caroll Spinney (the puppeter behind Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch) is narrating a complete unabridged 7-hour audio book adaptation of "Street Gang". The audio book will be available on CD (in a 5-disc set) or for digital download in January 2009. :wisdom:
...That is AMAZING. WOW. Caroll narrating... that is SO cool. He has such a great voice for it too. They should've come to him for narration before this. Great news!

mbmfrog

Reaction score

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I would love to hear Caroll's voice! Maybe he could Narrate his book also!:wisdom:

matleo

Reaction score
Narrating?... not reading....Does this mean that they'll actually put the original interviews on CD and Carroll is jst basicall reading the narration to link them.. That would be awesome! I borrowed the audio book of "the Pythons" pout of the library last year and that's what they did and it worked really well. I liked it more than the actual book. Made it a bit more personal.

--Matt

scarecroe

Reaction score
http://www.streetgangbook.com/

The official website for the book just went live today. I spent some time talking on the phone with the author Michael Davis. He's been working on this book since 2003 and listening to him go on about his experiences, he's clearly got a love affair going on with the history of Sesame Street and the people who have been involved in making it.

The book has stories about James Taylor crediting Sesame Street for this third generation of fans, Judy Collins in the midst of her drug problem, Buffy Saint-Marie's status on Nixon's enemy list, the controversial creation of Zoe and her feminist beginnings, more with Caroll Spinney's decision not to quit the show, and a whole lot more (it's 384 pages long).

There's a middle section in the book dedicated to rare pictures we've never seen and the website's got some more in the image gallery (some of those we've seen). The paperback edition will be coming in the Fall of '09 with any corrections needed (Davis hired an independant fact checker), plus an additional chapter about the latest season and more with Abby Cadabby.

Go check out Bob being hoarded by his fans in Japan on the website and pre-order the book set for release the day after Christmas (only 18 bucks on Amazon right now).

http://www.streetgangbook.com/

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Street_Gang

zns

Reaction score
God Bless you Scott Hanson. I am definately going to ask for this for Christmas, even though it will be released the day after.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:batty: Soooo looking forward to the digital download of the audio version of this book. It will certainly hold a place of honor as we starting counting all the 40th celebrations! :insatiable:

Status
Not open for further replies.