Storyteller Greek Myths DVD coming September 7

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, if you think the Storyteller is good, you should do yourselves a treat and watch Monster Maker.
Actually, Storyteller: Greek Myths was produced and shown on HBO in the states, heck that's how I remember watching them. Got a copy yesterday for my Greek myths professor, just need to know whether the campus has machinery to view DVD's or not.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I got the DVD which says, "The entire series!" on it; and there's only 4 episodes. Does that count as a series? A mini-series? It's good stuff. I'd like to see Monster Maker, but don't know where or how or when or nuffin. Is it on DVD?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I got the DVD which says, "The entire series!" on it; and there's only 4 episodes. Does that count as a series? A mini-series? It's good stuff. I'd like to see Monster Maker, but don't know where or how or when or nuffin. Is it on DVD?
I guess technically its a mini-series. I don't think that there was an effort to produce more episodes, so yeah, even if it wasn't explicitly marketed as one it is a "mini" series, heh.

As for Monster Maker, that was aired on the Jim Henson Hour, no? I think it is what I'm thinking it is, and if so, I have that episode on tape. Very good stuff.

Oh, and hello to you too Mr. Bear, long time no see. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Few points to address.
1 Yes Monster Maker was an episode of the Jim Henson Hour. Some have said that it was released on its own on VHS back in 1991. You could talk with some of the tape traders here on the boards to get a copy.
2 The Storyteller itself started out as the second half portion of the Jim Henson Hour itself. Though not every episode has a Storyteller second half, it was the main production developed as such.
3 Only those four episodes were made as part of the Greek Myths subseries. Would've loved to have seen more, but it is what it is.
Hope this helps and have a good day.