1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Steve Whitmire Lecture/Workshop at the Center for Puppetry Arts

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by MelissaY1, Dec 23, 2009.

1. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

For those in the area, or those who are lucky enough to be able to travel to the area next month, it seems that Steve Whitmire will be hosting a 4 day lecture and workshop on puppeteering at the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, GA. Thanks to Steve Swanson for posting this on his Facebook :)

Full information is here: http://www.puppet.org/edu/stevewhitmire.shtml

Wish I could be there! Please forgive me if this is already posted elsewhere here on the forum.
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I'll be there! :)
  3. zns

zns Active Member

So wonderful to hear Steve's perspectives on puppetry. Someone will have to take photos or video of the special events if possible. He has certainly carried the frog in a very special way. Jim would be proud. :)
  4. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

How about heading down to Bloomsburg, PA, Steve. The University has hosted many famous celebrities. You'd fit in there.
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I will be glad to get some videos/pictures.
    I live right next to the center for puppetry arts. this is exciting :excited:
  6. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I will be there. Just like I was when Fran Brill was there.
  7. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

That would be cool. Thanks, Barry.
  8. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Wow! It's a surprise that Steve will be attending a panel.

Do you think Steve will bring Kermit for the panel?
  9. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Will do, I'll be there on the 9th, the first day he's doing the workshop/lecture. Ill be both at the workshop and lecture as well.

:excited:
  10. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I'm going! I'm going! Awesome! Thanks for the info--I'll be there on the 9th! So excited! :)
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Which session you going to? (timewise)
  12. AndyWan Kenobi

3:00 as well as the morning lecture.
  13. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Same here! maybe we can both meet up and then try to meet steve and stuff!
  14. AndyWan Kenobi

Yes indeedy! Let's keep it in mind--you'll easily recognize me because my shoes never match.
  15. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Just PM'ed you!
  16. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Well it's not a panel, it's a lecture and actual puppetry workshop being taught by Steve himself. I don't know if he'll be bringing Kermit.
  17. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

im sure he will since it's something along the lines about rod puppets -- which kermit is one of them. lets cross our fingers :)
  18. RomanaFraggle

RomanaFraggle Member

Oh, rats! If only it was in New York! I swear, if I could actually meet Steve Whitmire for five whole seconds, I think I would cry with happiness!~

I tried to send him a letter once, but it got sent back to me with a big red "Return to Sender" stamp on it. Talk about crushing my dreams, huh?

If only I could go to that workshop.. I could actually learn to be a puppeteer! Then again.. I need a proper puppet first.. the one I have is a Hello Kitty thing with teeny arms and a huge head, no arm rods, and it's the kind of puppet with the hand opening at the head, rather than at the bottom. Sigh. :(
  19. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

Hey guys.. I got tickets for it several days ago. I live in Villa Rica, Ga so Atlanta is only about 40 min away from where I live. I'm planning on going to Steve's Lecture and Class.. the class I'm going to is the first one on the 9th, I think it's at 1pm. So, BarryLee and you other guys.. I'm looking forward to possibily meeting you guys at the lecture. If you guys want to see what I look like, my picture's on my myspace at www.myspace.com/joeytheman09
  20. SkeksisGirl

SkeksisGirl New Member

Wish he'd come down to FL. ::Would love to meet that man.::