1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Status Message

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Hubert, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Is that what it's called? The thing that appears under your name, age, gender and location on your little black profile card?

Anyway, I would love to change this, yet it's only once in a blue moon that I can ever even find the spot to change it. It hides in your settings somewhere. Anyone know how to bribe it out?
  2. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it's exactly the same thing as a Facebook status message. Unfortunately, it seems to have been disabled forum-wide, so you're stuck with what you plugged in the last time you actually used or filled it with a status.

Would like it to be reinstated or allow us the option to have it cleared. :sigh:
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Ah, I see, thank you for the help. I guess that's why I never seem to be able to find it. :p
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, as I posted in another thread, my status says "I can't wait for March 20!" (Referring to the DVD release of The Muppets)
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Now it's more like "I can't wait for 2013!!!"
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

This is now what, the third thread we have asking about our status messages?
  7. Pinkflower7783

No more then the threads about people asking to change their user names.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

True enough.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  9. CaseytheMuppet

And I believe I posted in all three! :laugh:
  10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We'll be doing some testing on status messages this weekend. If possible, the likely result may be that all status messages are cleared but that seems to be a better option than not being able to edit them. The forum will need to be off-line for a little bit for this to happen though so we'll do this during off-peak hours over the weekend.
  11. Phillip

Status messages should now be cleared for all members. Thank you all for bringing up this issue.
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I see that all status messages were just cleared moments ago. Thanks.

EDIT: Oops, Phillip ziffeled me. :p
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  13. CaseytheMuppet

Thanks, Phillip! :)
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

15. Pinkflower7783

16. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I'm just curious but is there any reason why the ability to change your status message was removed to begin with?
  17. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

That explains the down time. Thanks for fixing the issue!
  18. Phillip

The status message is tied with some other core components of the software of which we have some customizations. That is why it worked and then didn't. We'll turn it back on in the future if updates allow it to work as intended.