Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

P

Philip Kippel

It's already past October 26th and the newest episode has not been posted yet. What's going on here?!

jaap

Reaction score
Yesterday, they showed a little bit of it on dutch television!! (accompanying kermit's 50th birthday)
It is a Halloween award episode, were they give awards for the hottest babe in a flick, etc.

Jaap

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe soon it'll be posted. There's going to be delays in everything.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Puke.

I loved the old logo and drawing of Statler and Waldorf! I only have half of the image saved, does anyone have the whole picture saved?

I had planned to print-out a poster for my Backstage set but never got around to it.

:cry:
Anthony
Would this be the one? :big_grin:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Yay! Thanks lots!

That's a little different from the one I have here.

Do you have that one too?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
New Episode

Source: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/10/from-balcony-episode-10.html

A new episode of "Statler and Waldorf: From the Balcony" was posted on Movies.com today. In the latest installment of the bi-weekly web-show, Statler and Waldorf (Victor Yerrid and Drew Massey) talk about the films "The Legend of Zorro" and "Jarhead", and the Weather Guy stops by to give his forcast on the "Weatherman". You can also learn the meaning of this weeks balconism, "coinci-dance". So check out the "From the Balcony" website on Movies.com and watch the latest episode (you may also notice that the site, like most of Movies.com, has been redesigned in the past week). Be sure to check back for the next episode on November 12th.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, I just watched this! I have to watch it again though, if I want to comment on comedic timing, since every 10-20 seconds it would say "buffering", and pause on me, which it never used to do. :confused:

Anyhoo, this one was really good. I liked it. The insert was clever, and I didn't mind at all that it didn't have any famous muppets in it (as the trend up till now has been), since the humour was really cute. (Side note, I love how in the actual Weatherman trailer (which isn't shown here), Nicholas Cage always gets hit by things. :big_grin: ). I liked the voice of the guy, and his general attitude. He's muppety and fun, and I wouldn't mind at all if he comes back in some form soon.

S&W's commentary was good, and as far as I can tell with my constant buffering interruptions, the flow and timing was pretty good too. It was fun! I like the Early-bird special scale. And I also liked that they were really picking on each other, instead of just a) Waldolf picking on Statler (which seems to happen more often), or b) the two of them picking on the movie.

The ending, about them breaking into a dance, and then actually doing it, really made me laugh. I love music and musicals, so I found that particularily funny. And that the rock music (or whatever it was) was the outro music. :sing: Woo!

So, my verdict: Fun! Very good! Nothing stuck out/horrified me/bothered me/seemed bad/etc. at all. (I'm saying this because alot of people were bothered by the version of Dr. Teeth last time). I enjoyed it alot. I will probably comment again about what I thought were the best lines. I'll have to watch it another time to really hear the humour, and without interruption, but besides my technical problems, I thought it was great.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with MrsPepper that this was a funny episode. The weatherman bit was great a very Statler and Waldorf heckler feel. I loved the balconism for the week it was such a true one and I laughed out loud to their end dance. I thought the new puppeteers seemed to be doing better this week. I wasn't just focusing on the fact that they were different like last episode. So yeah it fun and very worth watching.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Yay! Thanks lots!

That's a little different from the one I have here.

Do you have that one too?
No, sorry. :frown: I checked my Henson picture folder. Thought I did have it.

rexcrk

Reaction score
This one was good I thought. I'm still getting used to the new performers but that's ok, they're pretty good. I was a little un-happy about them using an unfamiliar Muppet but I'm not saying I didn't like him :wink:

My favorite parts:

1) Statler: "Legend of Zero!"
Waldorf: "Don't you mean Legend of ZORRO?"
Statler: "Nnnope"

and

2) the end when they started dancing!