Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No the prefomeces whernt bad but they whernt what we thought they would be it would be like asking for cake getting what you think is a cake but then it ends up tasing like pie still good but not cake. i know that a horribal example but im no my lunch break so whatever.

unclematt

Reaction score
I guess because I didnt expect much it was pretty easy to impress me.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Hmmm... I was okay with Staler and Waldorf's new performers but wasn't to keen on Dr. Teeth and Animal as their portion wasn't very funny or entertaining in the least... though it is nice to see them mixing up the characters (I liked pepes little bit where he interviewed people though so I miss those)

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
I'm still shaken by what I just saw. In The words of Kermit. What the hey? It was appauling to hear whoever was doing Dr. Teeth. Did anybody like this weeks? I've been tuning in since the begining and this week was just awfull. I had to fast foward though most of it, just because of the voices. The only good part was the end when they were trying to get over the balcony. So I'll tune in next week just to see if they have everything under controll if not , not watching it anymore. I'll also be writing to Disney... Can't have this happen. :boo: :sleep:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Maybe they're going for the "older" Dr. Teeth?

Like someone said to me, Animal seems focused on Dr. Teeth--and Animal is NEVER focused; to which I agree. Animal should be all over the place, man. That's what he does.

I'm not so thrown aback by Statler and Waldorf, though I can definitely tell the difference. I like the Statler and Waldorf just fine. Especially at the end.

It's a fun spot. It's a fun show. It just isn't what they have been doing all along. But, I still had fun and I'm always glad to see more Muppets!

Just...hopefully Dr. Teeth's voice will deepen and get more gruff.

unclematt

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Maybe they're going for the "older" Dr. Teeth?

Like someone said to me, Animal seems focused on Dr. Teeth--and Animal is NEVER focused; to which I agree. Animal should be all over the place, man. That's what he does.

I'm not so thrown aback by Statler and Waldorf, though I can definitely tell the difference. I like the Statler and Waldorf just fine. Especially at the end.

It's a fun spot. It's a fun show. It just isn't what they have been doing all along. But, I still had fun and I'm always glad to see more Muppets!

Just...hopefully Dr. Teeth's voice will deepen and get more gruff.
I can agree with that

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ack, reading this thread has made me extremely antsy. :frown: Everyone seems so upset by it. I thought it was just fine. I thought the whole going over the balcony thing was great. Obviously the whole thing was not spot-on, as many people have pointed out little discrepancies, with voices and chemistry and whatnot. But I don't expect it to be perfect every time. No show is perfect every time. Even TMS has a few episodes that I just can't sit through. And many people have said they disliked parts of this show before.

So though it wasn't my favourite, I'm not about to attack this one. This is the way it's gonna be. It's either, have these performers now, or not have any episodes (as Steve, Dave, Bill etc. are doing christmas specials and other good things). And since whoever the Powers That Be are want to keep these in the spotlight, it's gonna continue. They wouldn't put it up if it was absolutely awful (that would be worse than none at all). So we just have to sit tight and see how next week will be.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
This was fun. The last one was better. I enjoyed seeing Dr. Teeth and Animal on here! However, Dr. Teeth's voice needs to be deeper and more gruff Just read the prior posts:
Kudos to Victor and Drew. They're great guys and do really good voices. Victor also has a great Fozzie Bear voice, too. If they are temporarily here, good for them. When Steve, Dave, and Bill are finished with their other work on Kermit's 50th, I want to see them back on the Movies.com thing.
Yeah i have to agree with Foz-Man. Steve, Dave and Bill are doin the 50th thing. having these "fake muppeteers" as you guys like to call em did a great job, yes Dr. Teeth could been a little better but hey i look at it this way, hes talkin...again! :big_grin: and its good that these 2 new Muppeteers are keepin this going with the other 3 guys doin the 50th stuff. i say "GREAT JOB GUYS!!!" :excited: also I've been doing a little somthin somthing with Statler & Waldorf over at my Disney page, link: http://disney-central.tripod.com

I just started it today. any help would be helpful. tell me what you think. :smile: or if any one whats to write stuff for me. they are welcomed too!

beaker

Reaction score
Squall Leonhart said:
I'm still shaken by what I just saw. In The words of Kermit. What the hey? It was appauling to hear whoever was doing Dr. Teeth. Did anybody like this weeks? I've been tuning in since the begining and this week was just awfull. I had to fast foward though most of it, just because of the voices. The only good part was the end when they were trying to get over the balcony. So I'll tune in next week just to see if they have everything under controll if not , not watching it anymore. I'll also be writing to Disney... Can't have this happen. :boo: :sleep:
It's strange how Jim Henson Hour in 1989 was more edgy and hip than 2005. I agree, I was very unnerved this this week's episode. Yes, I know we should be grateful were getting anything, and its nice to have these new spots.
But it's night and day with replacement puppeteers.

Man, that Dr Teeth segment was unnerving. That music was dreadful, and the whole skit was just creepy. I'll take Swedish Chef making OJ Simpson daisy duke pants any day.

And does this mean no more Baretta Pepe? Noone can come close to the slight nuances and cadences Bareetta pulls off.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
beaker said:
Man, that Dr Teeth segment was unnerving. That music was dreadful, and the whole skit was just creepy. I'll take Swedish Chef making OJ Simpson daisy duke pants any day.
**giggles**

beaker said:
And does this mean no more Baretta Pepe? Noone can come close to the slight nuances and cadences Bareetta pulls off.
Ooh, I never thought of that. I think I would end up turning off the video if someone else did Pepe. It would be too weird.

I hope somehow they can bring him back. I especially loved when he was on the streets or at that movie premiere, talking to people. Who knows, maybe they recorded more than one and are saving it up. Though that's probably wishful thinking.