Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Beauregard

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
Don't believe the PR spin from Muppet Holdings. This is their way of testing reactions. If you put up with these fake Muppets, Disney will keep using them. They don't care who the performers are. Goelz and Whitmire are replaceable. Expendable. Sports movies and From the Balc now, who knows what next. And Yerrid and Massey will perform ALL characters. Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo.

secret squirrel
Woah man!!!

So this means...what? that if we do not e-mail saying that we're not happy, within no time fake Muppets will spring up everywhere?

BTW, Nice to see you back Mr Squirrel.

rexcrk

Reaction score
eeehhh the new performers are ok. I really didn't like Dr. Teeth's voice... but the WAY he talked sounded like the doc (kinda like how Kevin Clash's Sam the Eagle didn't exactly SOUND like Frank's but still talked the same way).

I think the funniest part was Animal looking back and forth to the cymbal and the triangle and Dr. Teeth was like "A triangle is like a symbol" etc.

So it'll take some getting used to, but the new performers are alright I guess.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i See the point that Secret was trying to make and i think that he/she is right. We as classic muppet fans have to ask ourselvs how far we are willing to let them go and change the muppet prefromers, and i what cost. i can understand this a little bit if both Steve and Dave are really bussy on a bigger project, but if to just save on money then i dont think this is good for us as fans or the muppets at all. I think they (disney) should treat the muppets with as much pride and care as they would say micky mouse or pooh. who have for the most part had the same voices. A lot of you have said it will take getting use to but i want to ask one thing do you all think we really should get use to it. I have not been a part of the Save the Muppets Canpain but after today i will be. I really think that if we give Disney an inch they will take a mile and maybe even have a new person doing Kermit soon. I know then most of us would stand up and say NO THATS NOT RIGHT but if you think about it Staler and Walrdof are a classic as Kirmet. So i leve you with one Qustion.

HOW FAR WILL WE LET DISNEY GO WITH THE MUPPETS AND BAD CHANGES

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Beau mentioned to me that there are new puppeteers doing the voices this week.I enjoyed Statler and Waldorf,very close to their original voices.Dr. Teeth's voice needs retooling to me,the voice should be a few octaves lower.I suggested to Beau,that the new puppeteer,should watch some footage of Dr. John,with whom Dr. Teeth was based on,to get a feel of the voice and persona.:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This was fun. The last one was better. I enjoyed seeing Dr. Teeth and Animal on here! However, Dr. Teeth's voice needs to be deeper and more gruff.

Animal sounded great. Statler and Waldorf were different voices, you can tell.

Steve's Statler was great, but this one reminds me of a mixed Steve/Richard voice.

Waldorf...different than Goelz, not quite Henson, but works. The scene trying to go over the balcony was funny to me!

Wonder if any of the NY or LA auditioneers were in this? I could see it happening if the main guys are off working on TV or Movies, or some special, since this is just for the internet.

Just read the prior posts:
Kudos to Victor and Drew. They're great guys and do really good voices. Victor also has a great Fozzie Bear voice, too. If they are temporarily here, good for them. When Steve, Dave, and Bill are finished with their other work on Kermit's 50th, I want to see them back on the Movies.com thing.

I don't think we have to worry about anybody taking the place of Steve or Dave or any of the others, regardless as some may worry. "The Mouse" has done some crazy things in the past, but I don't think they'd be THAT crazy!

But for a small-time web-cast, Statler, Waldorf, and Animal--cool. Dr. Teeth--Needs some work. He's also just not as "out there" as I'd expect him to be.

Once again, I'm left saying the same old thing I always did: Folks who work there: Watch the old stuff. Copy that!

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Secret Squirrel said:
...And Yerrid and Massey will perform ALL characters. Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo.
If you're referring to those that have auditioned recently (including Yerrid and Massey in Los Angeles.) You haven't taken into consideration some that auditioned in New York which were awesome that just might land those jobs.

Also the final decision hasn't been made, and we haven't seen what our friends who show up at the Toronto audition will do.

unclematt

Reaction score
We should not be so quick to judgerthese new performers

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Just got done watchin' it, and I gotta quote Statler on this one:

"Well that was wierd. Thanks."

Cool to see the good Dr. back in action, but ah, c'mon y'know?

unclematt

Reaction score
I really didnt think any of the performances were bad.